Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 20th, 2008, 10:22 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
Re: Islandscape: Mineola, NY - Sat, JULY 26th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrebla View Post
Master Eckels, we need to decide if we are going to have a separate kid's tourney (12 and under), because if we are, I need to arrange for trophies. Can you get a count of how many kids we think we are going to have? You can add "Son of jheiles" to the attendee list, eligible for the kid's tourney.

If we have 6, I think a kid's tourney the way to go. Still doable with 4 kids - that would be 3 rounds + 1 round against a previously played opponent. I think this is where Grishnahk's flocked set might come in for the championship game. Just a thought.

I need to know soon if we are having a kid's tourney, so I can get trophies prepared - gracias.
I'll add son of jheiles. Is emily playing? I just noticed she's not on the list.
No, we just dropped Emily off at camp in Pennsylvania, where she'll be for the next 4 weeks, so she won't be joining us.
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:03 PM

mogrebla Woo who?

IMPORTANT: ALL PLAYERS NEED TO BRING THEIR OWN FIGURES, CARDS, ORDER MARKERS, WOUND MARKERS, DICE, AND ANY SPECIAL TOKENS NEEDED. If you need to borrow any of the above, please post here and we will do our best to have it for you. We will probably be bringing a few pre-made armies for newcomers who want to play.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 10:39 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart

In order to speed the check-in process, I've attached a link below to a .pdf of a sheet you will need to fill out to list your army. You can download it, print it, and bring it to Islandscape already filled out, or you can just fill it out when you get here.

ArmySheet
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:12 PM

mogrebla Woo who?

As a reminder, here is the link for scenarios:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19638

I just wanted to note the glyph arrangement for each scenario, below:

#1 Embattled Fen - 1 random glyph
#2 Feylund Fountain - No glyphs
#3 Fire Isles - 2 random glyphs
#4 Highways & Dieways - Swarm version - 2 random glyphs
#5 Jungle Swamp Road - 2 random glyphs
#6 Little Ramparats - Move +2, Initiative +8
#7 Mole Hills - Jungle version - 2 random glyphs
#8 Ticalla Sunrise - 2 random glyphs
#9 Turret Rocks - Attack +1
#10 Winter Holdout - Swarm version - 2 random glyphs (at edges)

As noted by R˙chean on the Heroscapers thread, the random glyphs will drawn from the pool below. A player will roll a d6 roll when his/her figure first lands on a glyph - the same glyph cannot appear more than once in any game.

1) Ulaniva (+1 unique attack)
2) Crevcor (+1 common attack)
3) Gerda (+1 defense)
4) Valda (+2 move)
5) Dagmar (+8 initiative)
6) Lodin (+1 to D20 rolls) in some cases the glyph of Brandar will be used to represent the glyph of Lodin
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:04 PM

rec_thug is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well as my Friday plans have fallen through, I'm up to about a 75% likely hood of coming down. At the very least I still need to rationalise the gas expense (which is still definitely cheaper than Amtrak)...while being unemployed (not to mention get myself to roll out of bed that early ).

I do have an army all picked out that I really want to try, though I've never played it. Which only spells doom I know.

Is there plenty of parking? Anything else that I should know before driving down all bleary eyed?
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not going to be able to make this one, Sorry!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 24th, 2008, 05:20 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

I'll be there. Count me in! Do I need to register before I'm at the place somehow? Also, when will it end (roughly). Is there a finalized schedule?

Last edited by elf326; July 24th, 2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: correction
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart

10am-11am Check in and set up.
11am-11:50 First round
11:50-12:05 Make next matchups, set up armies
Rinse, lather, repeat, with a break somewhere for food. We will be done with the last round by 6pm.

Parking shouldn't be too bad (I think there's a lot just down from the store), and you can sign-in when you arrive; we currently have plenty of room. I'd encourage you to download and print out the form from my previous post so you can come with your army list already done.
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:06 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

Thanks, Warbanner!
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM

lemur Woo who?

I'll be there....

Chris
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:27 AM

mogrebla Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rec_thug View Post
Well as my Friday plans have fallen through, I'm up to about a 75% likely hood of coming down. At the very least I still need to rationalise the gas expense (which is still definitely cheaper than Amtrak)...while being unemployed (not to mention get myself to roll out of bed that early ).

I do have an army all picked out that I really want to try, though I've never played it. Which only spells doom I know.

Is there plenty of parking? Anything else that I should know before driving down all bleary eyed?
As Warbanner notes, there is a parking lot down the street, but it wouldn't hurt to take a bunch of quarters for the metered parking, in case the lot is full. There are also not many restaurants in the area, so you may want to pack a lunch. I think the owner of The Game Table may buy pizzas for resale to the players.
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shame, you guys won't get best host.What about Cake!
Have fun you guys!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events