Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 25th, 2015, 04:55 AM

Solstar Woo who?
Can you please value my first custom?

I'm planning on make a custom series based on Capcom characters and i started with doing Strider,my all time favourite.i took him for a ride on a 200 points against other people yesteday..and it got squashed..fast.i only used him as i didn't had any 50 points figures so that's why,but i need your knowledge to know what i can improve.i used basic keywords but one,created by me to mimick his ability to summon cyber animals familiars.

here's the card

http://www.4shared.com/download/4Iis....jpg?lgfp=3000
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:12 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Can you please value my first custom?

Ok a little advice..I would make up seperate common hero cards for the hawk and panther. Give the panther pounce like the wolves of bardu maybe. Maybe 25 points a piece And put this on their cards as well. NAme them Strider's Hawk and Strider's Panther
So like this

Strider's Hawk

Hawk
Common Hero
Familiar
Loyal
Size ??

Life 1
Move 4
Range 3
Attack 2
Defense 1

Strider's Familiar
You may not draft Strider's Hawk unless you have also drafted Strider Hiryu.

Strider's Summons
Strider's Hawk does not start the game on the battle field, instead after revealing an order marker on Strider Hiryu, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher you may put Strider's Hawk onto the battlefield adjacent to Strider. You may not put more than 1 Strider's Panther or Strider's Hawk into play per turn.

Flying
When counting spaces for Strider's Hawk, ignore elevations. Strider's Hawk may fly over water without stopping, fly over figures without becoming engaged and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Strider's Hawk is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Points 25

Then do the same thing on the panther card but instead of flying give it pounce.
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:06 AM

Solstar Woo who?

that's perfect!thanks do i have to change the cost for strider?is 150 ok for it?
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:26 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It looks good. I would do a few test plays say Strider + 2 hawks and 2 panthers vs another 250 army and see how he fares
Old April 25th, 2015, 11:31 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd probably cut Berserker Charge just because this custom is a bit padded with complex abilities.

This card is similar to Sgt. Drake version 1, but with 4 attack instead of 6.

Cyber Familiars could just be separate cards that bond with Strider Hiryu (and possibly each other) to keep things simple.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old April 25th, 2015, 05:43 PM

Solstar Woo who?

thank you too,i'll cut that move as well.

is there a modus operandi to understand when a charater is too much OP,and if its is,how much should it cost?
Old April 26th, 2015, 06:04 PM

Syvarris45 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstar View Post
thank you too,i'll cut that move as well.

is there a modus operandi to understand when a charater is too much OP,and if its is,how much should it cost?
A great playtest method I discovered can tell you what price & power should be. First, pit your custom alone against almost unbeatable odds. I usually take mine against Major Q9, Finn, the Tarn Vikings, Omnicron Snipers, and Syvarris. If it wins and the original point value is under 180, tack up the points or cut down the power.(note: you shouldn't go over about 150 points with a squad) If you tack up the points, take it on the same test again, only add more opposition. Then, the correct result should be coming close, but the custom is destroyed. If you take down the power, play a normal game with the custom. Then, the playtest should come out normal. Balanced game, fair play, good (but not ridiculously great) results. That is only the way I test, and figure out price and power. Hope it works for you!
Old May 16th, 2015, 10:36 AM

Solstar Woo who?

thanks i'll try that.while we're on the subject,i'd like to create some Digimons,but i want to implement the "evolution" mechanic somehow(i've seen some custom pokemon here as well but no mention of evolutions whatsoever).How could it work?by rolling the d20 and specifying some results or by other means?
Old May 16th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Ok a little advice..I would make up seperate common hero cards for the hawk and panther. Give the panther pounce like the wolves of bardu maybe. Maybe 25 points a piece And put this on their cards as well. NAme them Strider's Hawk and Strider's Panther
So like this

Strider's Hawk

Hawk
Common Hero
Familiar
Loyal
Size ??

Life 1
Move 4
Range 3
Attack 2
Defense 1

Strider's Familiar

Strider's Summons
Strider's Hawk does not start the game on the battle field, instead after revealing an order marker on Strider Hiryu, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher you may put Strider's Hawk onto the battlefield adjacent to Strider. You may not put more than 1 Strider's Panther or Strider's Hawk into play per turn.

Flying
When counting spaces for Strider's Hawk, ignore elevations. Strider's Hawk may fly over water without stopping, fly over figures without becoming engaged and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Strider's Hawk is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Points 25

Then do the same thing on the panther card but instead of flying give it pounce.
I really like this idea. I think adding the ability to take a turn with the familiar when it's summoned is something to look into.
Old May 17th, 2015, 05:45 AM

Solstar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
So like this

Strider's Hawk

Hawk
Common Hero
Familiar
Loyal
Size ??

Life 1
Move 4
Range 3
Attack 2
Defense 1

Strider's Familiar

Strider's Summons

Flying

Points 25

I really like this idea. I think adding the ability to take a turn with the familiar when it's summoned is something to look into.
yeah it could work with othe charaters who can summon faimiliars or demons or other entitites to help them.

anyway can someone could tell me how i could implement evolutions on digimons\pokemon characters?
Old May 17th, 2015, 08:37 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For Pokemon evolution you could make it occur after the figure destroys a figure for small evolutions, and after destroying a unique hero for the big evolutions. Digimon evolve arbitrarily when a bout begins, so you can do whatever you want pretty much.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards