Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old July 5th, 2009, 12:35 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
R.I.P. internet maturity, politeness.

I may not be the perfect person for this, but I want to learn what I can and I believe this thread to be necessary. I mean already I have made a horrible and revolting mistake in my last thread where I allowed my brain to get to my mouth before my heart when speaking to a Veteran. Any way this thread is to allow everyone's ideas about the different kinds of maturity and how to be careful and speak appropriately (this does not mean formally) to your fellow scapers and all whom you meet in your life. Also, about rep. this thread aught to discuss things that will help you in posting things that will get you rep. I just hope I didn't insult anyone too much.

Last edited by Grungebob; July 6th, 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Rep., internet maturity, politeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
I may not be the perfect person for this, but I want to learn what I can and I believe this thread to be necessary. I mean already I have made a horrible and revolting mistake in my last thread where I allowed my brain to get to my mouth before my heart when speaking to a Veteran. Any way this thread is to allow everyone's ideas about the different kinds of maturity and how to be careful and speak appropriately (this does not mean formally) to your fellow scapers and all whom you meet in your life. Also, about rep. this thread aught to discuss things that will help you in posting things that will get you rep. I just hope I didn't insult anyone too much.

Hmmm I wonder why there isn't already a thread on this?

Oh wait there is....
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Uhurugu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

Hmmm I wonder why there isn't already a thread on this?

Oh wait there is....

Onacara, no offense, but do you ever do anything other than let our newest members know that the site has a search function?

Also, I don't know how to link, but if you need the older post, Elven Lord, here it is.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ght=Reputation

Edit: Never mind, it linked by itself.
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
After that you apologized, and everyone said, "Nice apology, have tons of +rep."
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To keep this on topic, the funniest thing I see is when perfectly educated and fluent people suddenly drink stupid juice when typing on the Internet. I'm not poking at anybody here, mind you. That seems a bit immature.

"realy nobody cares if u cant tipe good on teh internet it isnt grammer class. your a jerk if u get mad at ppl who cant tipe omg"
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:06 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
To keep this on topic, the funniest thing I see is when perfectly educated and fluent people suddenly drink stupid juice when typing on the Internet. I'm not poking at anybody here, mind you. That seems a bit immature.

"realy nobody cares if u cant tipe good on teh internet it isnt grammer class. your a jerk if u get mad at ppl who cant tipe omg"
Just out of curiosity, what makes you think those people are educated and fluent in real life? None of the educated and well spoken people I know in real life write like that, even when sending cellphone text messages.
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think those people are educated and fluent in real life? None of the educated and well spoken people I know in real life write like that, even when sending cellphone text messages.

If he was speaking about a member from the Gencon threads, I think I asked him that question directly. "Why should we believe you DO know how to type?" or something to that effect. I have lost my patience for new posters like the ones at the end of Migraine's post. I feel I am slowly slipping to the ways of Cavalier and Onacara. Oh well, that's life. Busy busy busy.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:36 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhurugu View Post
Onacara, no offense, but do you ever do anything other than let our newest members know that the site has a search function?
Be glad there are a couple folks out there doing this. Can you imagine all of the garbage that would flood this beloved site if there weren't a few people pointing new members in the right direction from square one?

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
He's got the bars for a reason - he's been positively contributing to the site for years.

Old July 5th, 2009, 10:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
He's got the bars for a reason - he's been positively contributing to the site for years.

And I have received the most neg rep of anyone on here also by a wide margin...so not everyone likes me...but thats fine with me too.
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:

And I have received the most neg rep of anyone on here also by a wide margin...so not everyone likes me...but thats fine with me too.
He also gives the most neg re....I mean he gives the most positive rep out of everybody!

Seriously though, you said,"Do you do anything but tell people to use the search function." Maybe that's because no matter how many times he does say it no one ever seems to get the memo... Not trying to be a jerk but, you have a say in making sure he never says that again. by actually using it!

That atcually is a way to be mature and get rep, by researching and making a really good post.
my

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:32 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
He also gives the most neg re....I mean he gives the most positive rep out of everybody!

Seriously though, you said,"Do you do anything but tell people to use the search function." Maybe that's because no matter how many times he does say it no one ever seems to get the memo... Not trying to be a jerk but, you have a say in making sure he never says that again. by actually using it!

That atcually is a way to be mature and get rep, by researching and making a really good post.
my
When there's such an influx of new people of course nobody gets the memo. I do think it would be more worth while of him houndng Truth or another administrator that new people should be told about the search function in their greeting message and when they sign up rather than telling each and every noob who makes the mistake.

Why is the search function so important anyways? If we have multiple threads for things is it going to excede the forums memory space and crash the site or is just a neat-and-tidy thing?

If its a neat-and-tidy thing I seriously think the forum needs a feature to delete threads that haven't been posted in for over a year or have been locked.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion