Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 1st, 2009, 08:20 PM

Uhurugu is surprisingly tart
Arrow Uhurugu's Idea Thread

You tell me: what would be a cool or interesting new power or synergy? This thread is intended partially as my custom thread, and is partially based on Jexik's Idea Mill, throwing out interesting ideas to help out previous units or add a new twist to heroscape strategy. I'll kick it off with an interesting marine team, then add my other customs as I have time. Feel free to comment, add your own ideas, or even post related customs. Here goes: (No pictures, because the owners of this computer prefer me not to up- or down-load to or from the internet, and because the figures that I use for the customs are conventional 'scape anyway)

Marine 1: Private Brian McMorris

Life 2
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Stealth Dodge
We all know how this works

Melee Defense 2
See above

A fast, melee commando, hard to wound in a melee or from a range

Marine 2: Corporal Juan Sanchez

Life 2
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Charging Assault
If Juan Sanchez starts his turn unengaged and ends engaged, he may add 3 to his move number

Defensive Agility
See above

Another melee commando, you know they always work in teams

Marine 3: Sergeant Louis Kablouis

Life 2
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Hand Grenades Special Attack
Range 4, Attack 3
All figures adjacent to the targeted figure are affected by this attack. Roll defense dice separately.

Primacord Blast
Once per game, if Louis is adjacent to a destructible object, he may choose to use Primacord blast. Roll the 20-sided die and divide the roll by two, rounding up. Place that many wounds on the destructible object. If there are one or more small or medium figures on the side of the door opposite to Louis, they recieve three unblockable wounds.

Disengage
Blah, blah, blah

Helps clear the squaddies a little, although at a close range

Marine 4: Sergeant Maximilian di Vargas

Life 2
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 0

Camo Suit
If Vargas did not move last turn, he has no hit zone.

Aimed Shot Special Attack
Range 9, Attack 2
The targeted figure may not roll defense against this attack. Vargas may not use this attack if he moved this turn.

Deadeye, eat your heart out

Marine 5: Lieutenant John West

Life 2
Move 6
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4

Double Attack

Sharp Aim
John West may attack at any point along his move

A assault-rifle wielding heavy-hitter ('cause most of the time he has height, in my experience)

Marine 6: Sergeant-Major Billy Morgan

Life 2
Move 6
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 3

Double Attack

Invisible Camo
Once per round, after activating this figure, you may place an invisibility marker on this figure. This figure may not be attacked while an invisibility marker is on his card. If he attacks, remove the invisibility marker from his card.
Lieutenant West's invisible friend

All Marines have the following stats:

Human
Unique Hero
Marine
Valiant
Medium 5

100 pts

All Marines also have these stats:

Teamwork
When an order marker is revealed on a Marine you control, you may immediately activate all Marines you control. If one Marine is drafted, all the Marines must be.

Tough as Nails
Marines take no more than one wound per attack. At the end of the round, remove all wounds from each surviving Marine.

My reasons for making these guys were:
1. I felt like we needed a fast-moving, hard-hitting, smash and then fade type of unique hero squad, like the elves weren't. These guys are ridiculously fun to play, and really speed up the game.
2. I've been reading too much Tom Clancy

I feel that they are a little underpriced at 500 pts, (I won two games with them with a one or two guys left over, and lost another) and have yet to test them at 600.

What do you think?
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker
Re: Uhurugu's Idea Thread

I like the names.

Last edited by Orcs Blade; July 1st, 2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM

The names are just random ones that I pulled out of the air ; at home, I just refer to them by their weapon or number (sniper, number 2, assault-rifle guy, etc.)
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

At first when i saw Marine 1 i thought this was about Airforce One...

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:18 PM

Airforce One

Plane
Unique Hero
Boeing something or other
Expensive
Humongous: 63 feet

Life: 5000
Range: 1
Move: 7,800 miles
Attack: 0
Defense: Secret Service

Improved Carry
When the Air Force One begins to move, choose as many figures as you want adjacent to it. They become stuck in customs, and may not move for the rest of the game.

Nuclear Codes
If you are losing the game, roll the 20-sided die. On a 20, you initiate nuclear launch. Choose as many hexes that you don't like, and for each of them roll the 20-sided die. On a 20, you may drop up to five pounds of thermite on that hex. Anything that is burnt is dead, and may be removed once you stop toasting marshmallows.

Old July 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhurugu View Post
Airforce One

Plane
Unique Hero
Expensive

Improved Carry
When the Air Force One begins to move, choose as many figures as you want adjacent to it. They become stuck in customs, and may not move for the rest of the game.

Nuclear Codes
If you are losing the game, roll the 20-sided die. On a 20, you initiate nuclear launch. Choose as many hexes that you don't like, and for each of them roll the 20-sided die. On a 20, you may drop up to five pounds of thermite on that hex. Anything that is burnt is dead, and may be removed once you stop toasting marshmallows.

Old July 1st, 2009, 09:45 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I was thinking of a cool Regeneration power that could be used for a Wolverine, Hydra, random custom, etc

Regeneration-If this figure does not receive enough wounds in a single attack to destroy it, ignore any wounds that would be inflicted

I think with this power, 3 life would be ideal, meaning that it would take 3 wounds in a single attack to destroy this figure
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM

Doggin Bonding

Old July 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM
has been BANNED

TheTrueMasterYoda is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Airforce One

Plane
Unique Hero
Expensive

Improved Carry

Nuclear Codes

Marshmallows .
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:45 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueMasterYoda View Post
Quote:
Airforce One

Plane
Unique Hero
Expensive

Improved Carry

Nuclear Codes

Marshmallows .
Nice knowing you.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but this would go greatly with my Braxas Obama custom....

Old July 1st, 2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Airforce One

Plane
Unique Hero
Expensive

Improved Carry

Nuclear Codes

Marshmallows .
Nice knowing you.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but this would go greatly with my Braxas Obama custom....

You forgot his special attack

Run the Country into the Ground Special Attack
Everyone loses...

This is off topic

Old July 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_Osgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Airforce One

Plane
Unique Hero
Expensive

Improved Carry

Nuclear Codes

Marshmallows .
Nice knowing you.

You forgot his special attack

Run the Country into the Ground Special Attack
Everyone loses...

This is off topic
Off topic, but still a hilarious discussion of Obama. I'm glad I just joined a seemingly mostly conservative sight.

As to Obama.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards