Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 19th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
NorCal Event - Pod Draft

Hey all. It's about time I make this happen. I'm looking to run an event in early March. Ronin Games would be a good place to play.

Here's the format:

Pod Draft
Players will bring two Pods limited to 12 hexes and 235 to 250 pts each, with the additional restriction that those pods may not both contain the same unique squads or heroes. At the start of the match, players will roll a d20, and the high roller chooses who drafts first. The first player chooses either one of his pods, or one of his opponent's pods. The second player then chooses two pods from the remaining three, with the final pod going to the first player. If a player drafts two pods with the same unique figures, they must set the duplicate figure, or figures aside and cannot use them during the match. Figures will be placed on the map in the order that the pods are drafted.

Matches will be 50 minutes, and if both players still have units remaining after time, ties will be decided not by points remaining, but by points killed, to offset the potential of some players starting with fewer points. (Leaning to partial card scoring for this.)

So chip in with a date preference and any questions about the format, gents.

March 1st
March 8th
March 15th

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Last edited by RoninValentina; February 1st, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old January 19th, 2014, 04:55 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NorCal Event - Pod Draft

Event Details
Date: Saturday March 15th, 2014
Time: noon to 6ish/7ish

Pod Draft Non-Tournament
Players will bring two Pods limited to 12 hexes and 235 to 250 pts each, with the additional restriction that those pods may not both contain the same unique squads or heroes. At the start of the match, players will roll a d20, and the high roller chooses who drafts first. The first player chooses either one of his pods, or one of his opponent's pods. The second player then chooses two pods from the remaining three, with the final pod going to the first player. If a player drafts two pods with the same unique figures, they must set the duplicate figure, or figures aside and cannot use them during the match. Figures will be placed on the map in the order that the pods are drafted.

Maps
BYOM

Attendees
1. Ronin Valentina
2. cmgames
3. cptnoodleloaf
4. Jerry22
5. Slicer51b
6. Zyx
7. Just Frankie
8. Sanguinius

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; March 14th, 2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Taking over for RV 'cause he's too busy.
Old January 19th, 2014, 05:09 PM

cptnoodleloaf Woo who?

Would love to come but absolutely could not do the first!
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:09 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in. Can't play the 8th, though - I'm running a netrunner tournament that day.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:06 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Ides of March? Perhaps a good day for slaughter! I'm OK for any of the days, though.

~Z

My map thread
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:46 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, I'm fine with the 15th as the likely date. Kinda surprised CarnivalMan hasn't stopped by in this thread yet.

Old February 1st, 2014, 06:56 PM

In doing a preliminary design of my pods a question arose. I realize that it probably will not be an issue, but just in case: Is there a hex limit on the pods - either individually or collectively?

All my initial pod designs came in the 3- to 10-hex range, but one test pod (6 x Deathreavers) is 24-hexes all by itself.

~Z

My map thread
Old February 1st, 2014, 08:49 PM

Good catch, cm. Yes, the limit is 12 hexes per pod. I'll update the OP.

Old February 5th, 2014, 06:51 PM

Slicer51b Woo who?

I'm down for either the 8th or 15th of March. However, I cannot do the 1st of March.

~Logan
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:44 PM

cptnoodleloaf Woo who?

Zyx will be attending also, provided we do not do the 1st
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:18 AM

I'm good with settling on the 15th of March. I'll see if Ronin Games can accomodate.

Old February 18th, 2014, 10:11 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

This is why I need to check my calendar more often. I have a wedding on the 15th of March..... so I'm out that day.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events