Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 1st, 2014, 03:30 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Huh. I'm not sure whether that adds to, detracts from, or merely changes the nature of the dysfunction.
Given that the new GM pulled off an absolute steal of a midseason trade (getting a first round pick for Richardson), I'm willing to give the new management the benefit of the doubt. I don't think the coach did anything wrong here but Lombardi wanted to bring in his guy.
Exactly, so I guess I can't blame him, if I took over a team as the new GM right after they hired a head coach, but I didn't want him, I'd probably do the same.

Also Philly and Cincinnati in the Superbowl.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:03 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

All right! Playoffs are here and it's time for some predictions on wild card weekend.

NFC:

Philly Vs. New Orleans

This one is a tough one to call. I'm not sure what to expect from either team. Philly was only 4-4 at home (although they won their last 4) and has a horrid pass defense. New Orleans was poor on the road, but has one of the top pass offenses. I think, in the end, Philly wins in a shoot out.

Eagles 38-35

Green Bay vs. San Fran

I think the Packers officially entered the "team no one wants to play" conversation once Rodgers came back. He obviously makes them a very different team. Having said that, San Fran has been pretty impressive lately and owned the Pack the last couple of times they've played. I think that continues.

Niners 27-17

AFC:

Chargers at Bengals

I still can't believe that the Chargers are in. I thought for sure that fate was lining up and that the Steelers would sneak in the back door. They should put up a fight, but this looks like it is the year that the Bengals finally win a playoff game.

Bengals 24-18

Chiefs at Colts

This just looks to me like two teams going in opposite directions. Chiefs peaked very early in the season, Colts are playing their best right now. Should be a Colts victory.

30-17

And some awards predictions:

MVP:

Peyton Manning

Duh!

Offensive Player of the Year:

Not sure why they can't give this award to the mvp if he is deserving, but it always seems to go to someone else. I'm guessing that will be Jamal Charles, although it's obvious that Peyton should get this one also.

Defensive Player of the Year:

Luke Kuechly

This guy is a beast.

Coach of the year:

This one is the biggest toss up to me. There are a lot of guys that could win it.

sooo.....

Andy Reid?

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree with you on all accounts, except I think the Chiefs win (Colts haven't been the same since Reggie Wayne went down) and I think coach of the year goes to Ron Rivera from the Panthers (with Reid as a close second).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

NO at home, GB because SF is overrated, SD because CIN is playing poorly right now, and KC because I think they can and they will be dominant sometimes.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:59 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

My predictions are Philly over the Saints, because NO just isn't the same team on the road, and I think the Saints are a little overrated.

Unfortunately, I also predict that my Packers will lose to San Fran. The Niners are just a more complete team in my opinion. They've also had our number the last two times we've met. If the Packers could only barely beat out Chicago, i think they are going to have a lot of trouble with the 49ers.

I fully expect the Bengals to beat the Chargers, probably decisively. I know Rivers is having a great season, but the Chargers have been up and down, and they could only barely beat the Chiefs' backups in overtime with a little help from the refs. I'm just not sold on the Chargers.

Lastly, I expect that the Chiefs are going to lose to the Colts. I'll be rooting for the Chiefs, but I just have a feeling the Chiefs are going to fold when it counts, although this one could really go either way.

Last edited by Anonymous; January 2nd, 2014 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Just realized that all of my picks are the opposite of D_S's. I promise I'm not trying to be contrarian.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll take Philly over the Saints. Mostly because I think Philly is the better team outside (and even in the dome could put up a fight), but also because I REALLY don't want to have to play the Saints again.Three times in six weeks? That's crazy.

And I'm taking the Niners over the Pack. I really want the Pack to win, because I think of all the possible matchups, this one favors the Panthers the most. But the Niners are just the better team right now. It doesn't help that half of the Pack's lineup is injured.

I don't follow the AFC, so no good predictions there. Eyeballing it, I'd take the Colts and the Bengals.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
NO at home, GB because SF is overrated, SD because CIN is playing poorly right now, and KC because I think they can and they will be dominant sometimes.
Oops!! I completely overlooked that NO/PHI was in the City of Brotherly Love.

Revised predictions, with extra commentary:

PHI over NO. Philadelphia closed out the season with a win against a tough Dallas team and I can't pick New Orleans to win outdoors in the weather at this time of year.

GB because SF is overrated, and also because I just dislike Jim Harbaugh, which is probably not a good reason to pick GB, but there it is. Also it is worth noting that GB is still trying to sell this game out, to avoid a local tv blackout. In a way that's not terribly surprising, because (a) GB is in the middle of nowhere, (b) they're in the first round of the playoffs most of the time, and (c) it's Green Bay, Wisconsin, where it may just be a little unpleasant outdoors. On the other hand ...

SD over CIN. First of all, Baltimore played poorly last week. They had no running game and a one-legged Flacco was unusually inaccurate. Baltimore's on-again, off-again pass rush was off, and Dalton threw *three* unforced interceptions. Cincinnati just looked bad. But worst of all (and again, probably not a good reason to pick), what the heck is up with the fans? How is this game not sold out? Cincinnati is only occasionally in the playoffs, it's a decent-sized city with suburbs and other cities nearby, and there is absolutely no reason why that game should not be sold out. Heck with them and their fans, I hope they lose.

KC over IND. I have barely seen anything from either of these teams this year, but I think KC's ground game should be enough, and its defense should be enough, to win a close one.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:10 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Random ramblings of a fan:

NO @ PHI

Drew has a first-half turnover that helps puts the Saints behind at half. Sean makes the necessary adjustments to deal with Chip's offense. Eagles' pass defense is that bad. Weather less of a factor because it's only cold, not cold and wet. NO 38-34.

SF @ GB

SF defense forces at least 2 turnovers. Colin has a sub-par passing day due to the elements. Aaron being back keeps GB close. SF 24-21.

SD @ CIN

SD runs too hot and cold, and had to work REALLY hard to beat the Chiefs' backups. Andy is better QB than he gets credit for. CIN 31-17.

KC @ IND

KC basically imploded to finish out the year (last week not part of that statement). Andrew gets the better of Alex. IND 23-21.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 40 - WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmmm...

NO over Philly: It's time for the Saints to break the curse of never (in recent years) winning an away playoff game. Frankly, I have a difficult time seeing this - but it has to happen for my dream of one more game at Candlestick to become a reality.

SF over GB: I know the weather is terrible and that the Niners have been inconsistent in their passing offense and that they've struggled in pass defense the last two games. But the weather's terrible and the Niners are built to play grind it out football games. Plus, this has to happen for my dreams of one more game at the Stick...

Cincy over the Bolts: Two teams that have seriously underperformed in recent years given their talent levels. I like Rivers better than Dalton, but overall I just think Cincinnati is the better team and hungrier to show well in the playoffs.

KC over Indy: The early season magic seems to have dried up for both these teams, but I think that's a much more serious problem for the Colts than for the experienced coaching and QB leadership of the Chiefs.

~Aldin, who also needs NO to beat Seattle in Seattle to have a shot at that Candlestick thing...

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:36 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Hmmm...

NO over Philly: It's time for the Saints to break the curse of never (in recent years) winning an away playoff game. Frankly, I have a difficult time seeing this - but it has to happen for my dream of one more game at Candlestick to become a reality.

SF over GB: I know the weather is terrible and that the Niners have been inconsistent in their passing offense and that they've struggled in pass defense the last two games. But the weather's terrible and the Niners are built to play grind it out football games. Plus, this has to happen for my dreams of one more game at the Stick...

Cincy over the Bolts: Two teams that have seriously underperformed in recent years given their talent levels. I like Rivers better than Dalton, but overall I just think Cincinnati is the better team and hungrier to show well in the playoffs.

KC over Indy: The early season magic seems to have dried up for both these teams, but I think that's a much more serious problem for the Colts than for the experienced coaching and QB leadership of the Chiefs.

~Aldin, who also needs NO to beat Seattle in Seattle to have a shot at that Candlestick thing...
And for SF to beat Carolina next weekend.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 40 - WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:41 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

So apparently Sunday could be the coldest game in NFL history. 18 below in Lambeau.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:40 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'll elaborate more if time permits, but figured I'd get the Ws and Ls posted in the mean time.

NO @ PHI
Saints out in the cold and a hot Philly team entering the playoffs.
EAGLES 31-27

SF @ GB
Huge pick me up with Rogers back, but not enough against SF.
49ERS 20-17

SD @ CIN
San Diego, IMO, is the team nobody wants to face and the Bungles did everything they could to lose last week but somehow won anyway. It won't work two weeks in a row.
CHARGERS 27-21

KC @ IND
KC started hot and faded big time, though INDY hasn't exactly lit the world on fire with the Jeckyl and Hyde routine at times. I think this is the hardest one of the weekend to predict.
CHIEFS 28-27

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14

Last edited by nyys; January 3rd, 2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Yep, went with three road teams.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV