Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 15th, 2011, 05:21 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Trainer Cards: Cool Trainer ♀

+2 is fine with me, as well.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Updated Cooltrainer-female card:

Last edited by White Knight; May 16th, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:46 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Any more comments on Cooltrainer-female?

Are we ready to move on to Gary and then Ash?
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:25 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I think the Cool Trainer looks good. I'm ready to move on to Ash & Gary.

America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Agreed.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old May 17th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Re: Project Pokemon Trainer Cards: Gary

Next up: Gary Oak

From Bulbapedia:
The day he started out on his Pokémon journey, he came off as an arrogant trainer, much like his game counterpart, Blue. His chosen starter Pokémon was Squirtle, which was actually the same Pokémon that Ash originally wanted to start with. He even had a group of cheerleaders who cheered him on in all his battles and would go so far as crying whenever he lost. He didn't walk on his journeys like most trainers did; instead he had his own sporty red convertible with a chauffeur. Gary loved when he got a chance to make fun of Ash by bragging about how far behind Ash was compared to him.

In his few appearances during the Johto season, he seemed to have become the complete opposite of who he was. He became polite, intelligent, and respectful to others, including Ash.

Since the very start of his own journey, Gary has shown exceptional skill as a Pokémon Trainer, catching and training an astonishing number and variety of strong Pokémon in a short period of time.

Ideas?

Last edited by White Knight; May 18th, 2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added info on Gary Oak
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Ideas for Gary:

Team Versatility
If your army consists of at least six different pokemon types, all evolved figures in your army roll one extra attack die.

Brutal Workout
After taking a turn with any evolved figure, you may place a wound marker on that figure and take another turn with it. You may only use this power once during a round.

Old May 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM

I think those are good ideas. They fit Gary, and they aren't too extreme.

I don't think we need an additional ability, but if one gets replaced, might I suggest:

Competitive Spirit
If you have less points on the battlefield than your opponent, all of your Pokemon may [insert boosted ability here]

Just a thought.

--NightSwipe--
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:58 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I like Nightswipe's idea. And it should be something relatively hefty, like "roll and additional attack die" or some such.

Also, let's just call them "Ash" and "Gary," to give us room to make "Ash Ketchum" and "Gary Oak" later on as "experienced" versions.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Ideas for Gary:

Team Versatility
If your army consists of at least six different pokemon types, all evolved figures in your army roll one extra attack die.
What about dual-type Pokemon? Does Bulbasaur (grass/poison) count as 1 or 2 types or as a unique dual-type?

If your team was:
Ivysuar (grass/poison)
Parasect (bug/grass)
Scyther (bug/flying)
Pidgeotto (normal/flying)
Kangaskhan (normal)
Nidorina (poison)

Would you get the bonus, since none match exactly?

Would you NOT get the bonus because you only have: grass, poison, bug, flying, and normal?

Also, what happens if your Pokemon are destroyed and you have less than 6 Pokemon left. Is it how many different types you start with? Or how many different types you have left?

I'll hold out my opinion on Team Versatility until we get these questions figured out, but I like Brutal Workout. It sounds like something Gary would do.

Another we might add:
Quote:
Since the very start of his own journey, Gary has shown exceptional skill as a Pokémon Trainer, catching and training an astonishing number and variety of strong Pokémon in a short period of time.
Capture Skill
You may add 1 to your roll when trying to capture a wild Pokemon.

Of course, Capture Skill is for capture scenarios only, not for regular battles, but as a 3rd power maybe that's OK.

Last edited by White Knight; May 19th, 2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I would say that team would not get the bonus becase there are only 5 types present. Also, whether or not they are alive would not change them being in your army. If you started with the bonus from your versatile army, you would get it for the whole battle. This would encourage building an actual pokemon team of different types, rather than a bunch of Pidgy's, some Pidgeottos, and a Pidgeot.

I'm fine with adding the Capture Skill as its a scenario specific power so it won't affect him in a majority of battles but it wil be a handy boost when it does come into play.

Old May 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
I would say that team would not get the bonus becase there are only 5 types present. Also, whether or not they are alive would not change them being in your army. If you started with the bonus from your versatile army, you would get it for the whole battle. This would encourage building an actual pokemon team of different types, rather than a bunch of Pidgy's, some Pidgeottos, and a Pidgeot.

I'm fine with adding the Capture Skill as its a scenario specific power so it won't affect him in a majority of battles but it wil be a handy boost when it does come into play.
Minimoose's ruling sounds correct to me, but the wording is a bit unclear. I'd agree that you need a total of six types, even if you only have three pokemon who are, for example, steel/electric, bug/flying, grass/poison. And yeah, we can add Capture Skill as a third power, but maybe we should indicate that it is for scenarios only either with an icon or with text.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum