Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old February 4th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread: Kangaskhan and Bulba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I'd rather see a move increase than making it easier to inflict confusion. I'd like to put more emphasis on Kangaskhan as a support pokemon than as an attacker.
The problem is, right now there is no reason to ever use Dizzy Punch. So there is no reason for Dizzy Punch to be on the card.

Dizzy Punch:
- has 1 less attack die than Kangaskhan's normal attack
- does not get height bonuses
- only has a 20% chance for taking a turn and OM removal
- has no guarantee that the OM you remove isn't the X marker
- is useless for OM removal on your 3rd turn if you lost initiative

On the other hand:
- Dizzy Punch is a special attack, which is much better against those pesky Warriors of Ashra.

Maybe, maybe on your first turn during a round you might decide to take a chance on Dizzy Punch. But it's just too unreliable to really be of any use right now.

On the other hand, this is only the first complete playtest (Chardar did do the heroes tests--and Dizzy Punch never confused anyone). So I'm willing to wait for the other playtests and see how it does.
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:30 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

I agree about the attack power of Dizzy punch. Perhaps an increase of the attack of Dizzy punch by +1 wouldn't be too horrible.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old February 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread: Paras and Kangaskhan

BULBASAUR PLAYTESTS -- HEROES

All tests done on my Unofficial Pallet Town Training Field Option 6:

Bulbasaur vs Arkmer (50 points)

Battle #1
Akrmer Wins (3/3 life left)
Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Bulbasaur Wins (3/3 life left)
Spoiler Alert!

Bulbasaur vs Brave Arrow (50 points)

Battle #1
Brave Arrow Wins (4/4 life left)
Spoiler Alert!

Battle #2
Bulbasaur Wins (1/3 life left --> 2/3 if you include Leech Seed's healing)
Spoiler Alert!

Bulbasaur vs Shiori (60 points)

Battle #1
Shiori Wins (2/3 life left)
Spoiler Alert!

UP NEXT: Squad tests (coming soon)
Old February 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM

BULBASAUR PLAYTESTS -- SQUADS

Bulbasaur vs Goblin Cutters (50 points)

Bulbasaur Wins (1/3 life left)
Spoiler Alert!

Bulbasaur vs Warrior of Ashra (50 points)

Warriors of Ashra Win (1/3 WoA left)
Spoiler Alert!

Bulbasaur vs Marro Warriors (50 points)

Marro Warriors Win (4/4 Marro left)

(Note: I ran this both times with the same results --> 4/4 Marro left)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by White Knight; May 23rd, 2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM

BULBASAUR PLAYTESTS -- ARMY TEST #1

Bulbasaur, 2x Phantom Knights, and Rhogar Dragonspine vs
Mimring, 2x Greenscale Warriors, and Red Wyrmling

Team Mimring Wins (4/6 Greenscales, Red Wyrmling, and Mimring (2/5 Life) left)
Spoiler Alert!

UP NEXT: Army test #2 (coming soon)
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:05 PM

BULBASAUR PLAYTESTS -- ARMY TEST #2
Test done on my Unofficial Pallet Town Training Field Option 6:

Bulbasaur, 2x Phantom Knights, and Rhogar Dragonspine vs
Mimring, 2x Greenscale Warriors, and Red Wyrmling

REMATCH!

Team Bulbasaur Wins (Bulbasaur (3/3 life) and Rhogar (5/5 Life) left)

Spoiler Alert!

Bulbasaur Summary
Bulbasaur was pretty evenly matched against 50 point heroes and squads. I really like Leech Seed and Vine Whip and will vote YES to Bulbasaur at 50 points.

Pallet Town Training Field Option #6 Summary
All of the battling took place on the hill, which is to be expected. For the hero and squad tests, it was fun to play on--utilizing both sides of the river.

For the army tests, there was a big choke point at the top of the hill where it was difficult to circle around to the far side of the hill.

I'll need to do more playtesting, but right now Training Field #6 is good for one-on-one battling but not so good for army battles.
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:26 AM

Bravo...I'd do more playtests myself, but I'm at college and engaged. My Heroscape is back in Nebraska. No way I'd have time even if I had it.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old April 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Added Jynx, Primeape, and Kadabra to the front page.

We still need playtests for Kangaskhan and Bulbasaur!
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Wow...we REALLY got behind in our playtesting.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old May 12th, 2011, 10:01 PM

We still need 2 more playtests for Kangaskhan (White Knight did one playtest, and Chardar did the heroes battles.)

We still need 3 more playtests for Bulbasaur.

All other Pokemon are on hold waiting for those two.
Old May 14th, 2011, 05:09 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I just ran Kangashkhan 1v1 against Runa, Tandros and Kaemon Awa and then 1 v 1 Squad against, Knights templar, Nakita Agents and Tagawa Samurai.

Kang Vs Runa
Mitonsoul never activates(of course) but Dizzy Punch does once. Kang uses it to repostion Runa on lower terrain and swing with normal attack for the game in round three.
Kang wins with 1 wound on her in round 3.

Kang vs Tandros Kreel
Dizzy Punch never activates. Kreel's high life lets him hold out long enough to get 4 wounds on Kang.

Kreel wins with 4 wounds in round 4.

Kang vs. Kaemon Awa
Kangs slow movement makes it impossible for her to beat Kaemon to the elevation. Kang is only able to attack Kaemon once or twice before Kaemon easily wins with his ranged special attack.

Kaemon Awa wins in round 2 with 0 wounds.

Kang vs Nakitas
Again, higher move + range dominates Kang. Nakitas kill Kang within the first round in multiple battles. Kang unable to even attack the agents.

Kang vs Templars
Kang uses terrain to limit the galloping charge of the templar. Uses Dizzy Punch successfully to take out one then mops up the other two with normal attack.

Kang wins in round 2 with 0 wounds.

Kang vs Tagawa
Kang is unable to pierce the 5 defense of the Samurai with Dizzy Punch and can't afford to attack with normal attack because of Counterstrike. She manages to take out one before the remaining Tagawa hack away and bring her down.
Tagawa win round 1 with one member lost.
-----

Thoughts:
-Low movement and the fact that Kang will be supporting other units means she will be a huge target for ranged figures, which clearly rip her to shreds.

- Dizzy Punch at 3 attack is rather weak. It consistantly rolled at least one skull but only got the 17 or higher 3 or 4 times over the course of all these battles. Normal attack seems like better option most of the time.

-Didn't get to see effects of Pouch Carry or the Protection ability :/
-Obviously a supporter not a fighter but can hold her own against other melee units. Very weak to Ranged attacks, squads or anything that can hit multiple times.

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

So does just anyone playtest or is it just specific people?

Reading comprehension and 12:20 AM do not mix.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum