Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 4th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Project Pokemon Trainer Cards: Cool Trainer ♀

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
WK: The ability names overlap with the Glyph/Item department. The abilities themselves seem powerful but extremely limiting, as the pokemon has to be in your start zone. If we get some info from the item team, it might work to just have an ability like "You start the game with a Max Potion glyph" or something.
I agree that it's limiting, but I was going for theme--it just doesn't make sense that a Trainer could use a Potion on a Pokemon on the far side of the battlefield.

In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a Trainer in the anime TV show use a Potion or Full Heal during a battle...

Potions
I checked back on the Items/Glyphs thread and we didn't come to a final decision. I suggested that they might need to be adjacent. Fiddlerjones said that maybe adjacency wasn't necessary.

If we don't need adjacency for items, I think we can just give Cool Trainers 1 Potion and 1 Full Heal, or maybe 1 X Attack and 1 Potion. (Or maybe all 3.)

Last edited by White Knight; May 4th, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I agree with WK on starting Cool Trainer with items, but it needs some kind of additional ability to make it stand out as a trainer. I'm not sure if we decided you could buy items for points as well, but if you can, Cool Trainer is basically the same as buying two items. That said, we could have it be kind of a "package deal," where you give up your trainer slot and get these two items at a reduced price.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Options so far for Cool Trainer ♀

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Healing
Choose a Pokemon in your army. As soon as the chosen Pokemon receives 1 or more wounds from an opponent's attack, but is not destroyed, you may roll the 20 sided die to Heal. If you roll 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll 11-16, you may remove 1 wound. If you roll 17-20, you may remove 2 wounds.

Engage the Enemy
A Pokemon you control may move 1 additional space if doing so allows it to end its movement adjacent to any opponent's figure.
Quote:
Confidence
You gain a +1 bonus to initiative for each evolved pokemon in your army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
I would say that if there is a non gym leader trainer to give a stat boost to their pokemon it would be Ace Trainers. I would say that the Ace Trainer should give like a +1 attack boost to some group of their army, maybe to a certain type or personality, if not the entire army.
Quote:
Confidence
Once per round, after rolling attack or defense dice with an evolved pokemon you control, you may re-roll any of those dice.
As for giving them items:
Potion (heals 2 wounds)
Full Heal (heals status effects)

X Items: Place on 1 of your figures for the entire battle.
X Attack - add 1 to your normal Attack
X Defend - add 1 to your Defense
X Speed - add 1 to your Move

Option #1
Give Cool Trainer ♀ a Potion, a Full Heal, and X Attack before the battle.

Option #2
Give Cool Trainer ♀ a Potion and Full Heal before the battle and give them one more ability (maybe one from above, or maybe some form of X attack for a Pokemon of a certain type).

Comments?

I kind of like Engage the Enemy.
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

I'd prefer option two.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM

How does Cooltrainer - female look?

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I think the Cool Trainer looks better with Option 2.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
I think the Cool Trainer looks better with Option 2.
Option 2 was Potion, Full Heal, and 1 ability.

So what extra ability do you prefer? Healing? Engage the Enemy? Confidence? Some attack boost?
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Oh. Right. Engage the Enemy.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I think Engage the Enemy is a good way to capture the aggressive style of Ace Trainers. I like it. I don't really have an opinion on the items because I have not really looked into those but they are probably fine.

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:47 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
I think Engage the Enemy is a good way to capture the aggressive style of Ace Trainers. I like it. I don't really have an opinion on the items because I have not really looked into those but they are probably fine.
Agreed.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:35 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Would we want engage the enemy to have maybe +2 to movement instead of just one.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Would we want engage the enemy to have maybe +2 to movement instead of just one.
I'd be happy with +2.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum