Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: HAUNTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
@DrAwsm: If we want to keep Mean Look identical to the games, we should make it semi-identical to Cyberclaw, and maybe add a line about the figures not being able to make Leaving Engagements with Haunter. Otherwise, the way it is now is fine.

@Kroz: I like Shadow Stalk. It's thematic for Haunter. I worry if Shadow Ball is too weak, however; in the games, it has a Base Attack Power of 80, and Haunter would get a STAB to make it even stronger. Maybe make his normal attack 4 and make Shadow Ball 3 with 1 less defense die?

My .
A Cyberclaw-esque power would work. But, instead of it being an engagement thing, how about 3 spaces?

Mean Look
All figures that move within three spaces of this Haunter must stay within three spaces of this Haunter unless this Haunter moves beyond those three spaces.

Man, that's a run-on sentence if I ever saw one.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:35 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Try "opponent's figures within 3 clear sight spaces of this Haunter may not move normally," or "opponent's figures within 3 clear sight spaces of this Haunter may not move normally unless they remain within 3 spaces of this Haunter."
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Try "opponent's figures within 3 clear sight spaces of this Haunter may not move normally," or "opponent's figures within 3 clear sight spaces of this Haunter may not move normally unless they remain within 3 spaces of this Haunter."
That's really powerful. Maybe require a die roll to move away.

Re: Mean Look acting like the games, it doesn't have to. This is not the video game, so as long as it gets the same general idea across, it doesn't have to do what it does in the video game.

In any case, I'm a fan of Dream Eater in some version or another. If we don't use it here, we have to use it on Gengar.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:57 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Haunter V 2.2

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Gas
Terrifying
Medium 5

Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 3

Shadow Stalk
If this Haunter starts his turn on a shadow space, for this turn add 2 to his attack value and one to his move value. If this Haunter is on a shadow space, Opponent’s figures must be adjacent to this Haunter to attack it with a normal attack.

Shadow Ball SA
Range: 5 Attack: 3
When this haunter attacks with Shadow Ball SA, the defending figure defends with one less die.

Ghost Form
When counting spaces for this Haunter’s movement, ignore all elevations. This Haunter may move through all figures, objects, and terrain and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Haunter may ignore all terrain effects.

Changes: Changed attack of normal and Special attack. Now he appears to be more of a shark.

@WK, yeah, when you put yours up I liked your version of Dream eater better.

The other thing is that we also have to think of what we may want for Gengar in the future.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I think that Dream Eater would be a lot more fitting on Gengar anyways. Shadow Ball is definitely an attack that fits Haunter well.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I like Dream Eater and Hypnosis on Haunter.

I see Destiny Bond for Gengar--a power that you activate at the start of the game and then you have a good chance to take down figure with it when Gengar is destroyed.
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:19 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

I see Destiny Bond for Gengar--a power that you activate at the start of the game and then you have a good chance to take down figure with it when Gengar is destroyed.
I would agree with this.

Old April 4th, 2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Quote:

I would agree with this.
You could have destiny bond with shadow stalk and shadow ball.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I would agree with this.
You could have destiny bond with shadow stalk and shadow ball.
I could see that. Really one iteration should have Destiny Bond/Shadow Stalk/Shadow Ball and the other should get Hypnosis/Dream Eater. However, I think Dream Eater's restriction should read "a figure with either no order markers or a Sleep Status Marker," so that in a non-Pokescape game, you can use it sometimes without having to directly set it up.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:38 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I think Haunter should have the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo, while Gengar should have Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond. Shadow Sneak is a physical move and you wouldn't really have it on either of these two Special Attack orientated ghosts, though the ability does fit thematically. Having Dream eater affect Sleep status figures as well as Order Marker-less figures is a must though.

Old April 4th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I think Haunter should have the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo, while Gengar should have Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond. Shadow Sneak is a physical move and you wouldn't really have it on either of these two Special Attack orientated ghosts, though the ability does fit thematically. Having Dream eater affect Sleep status figures as well as Order Marker-less figures is a must though.
Agreed about dream-eater although you mistake where I got my shadow-stalk power from. It's not a pokemon move but a power I created by looking at the pokedex and seeing the common entries and designing a power from that description. Shadow stalk is merely a combination of Pelloth's and Othkurik's powers. I felt it thematic personally.

Random note, not every pokemon we make has to be made in such a way that it reflects the "competitive" pokemon builds. Some of these pokemon will be wild pokemon in scenarios. Can Pikachu learn surf? Yes he can (in yellow version at least). But does that mean that we have to give pikachu surf because it would be a good move that a competitive pikachu trainer would have? No, it doesn't.

I after looking at the powers think that Haunter, should get the Dream Eater/Hypnosis combo, and that Gengar, the last incarnation should the more offensive combo of Destiny-bond/Shadow ball/Shadow Stalk. Personally to me this makes the most sense. For a ghost pokemon army, you have Haunters and Gastlies that move out, Haunters putting pokemon to sleep and Gastlies cursing them. Then you can move out Gengar who can then put the hurt on the weakened army and if he dies, well they lose a big hero.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old April 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I agree; Haunter gets Hypnosis/Dream Eater, and Gengar gets Shadow Stalk/Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum