Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Kadabra!

I don't think he needs Double Team; fast Pokemon such as Ninjask would need it more.

Confusion, or maybe some combination of the Fire, Ice, and Thunderpunch would be nice.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

He's already got psychic for an attack (normal attack) I don't know about the move he has that heals himself but that was a move I always had on my Kadabra. Maybe it's being saved for Alakazam. You could get rid of Double team, add in that power that heals Kadabra two wounds if it doesn't attack. It gets into trouble teleports away and then heals. It has the potential to be very annoying.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Recover is the move you are thinking of. Double team seems cool but I agree that it should be saved for something else. Other possible moves for Kadabra: Reflect/Light Screen, Kinesis, Disable.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:11 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I love the idea of Double Team, the way you implemented it. I'm fine with Double Team on Kadabra or any other Pokemon. I would advise lowering Teleport to 5 or 6. Recover would work.
Disable: Maybe the affected Pokemon would lose the ability to lose its special attacks for its next turn? Or we could go with the generic "OM removal" here, as well. Either one is fine with me.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:36 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm with Fiddler here. Kadabra should not be able to teleport using DT. As far as DT is concerned, it's your call on that, but some of the other ideas are pretty good too. I wouldn't mind seeing a Morbane-cloned Disable on here. And maybe Kinesis could be a "when attacked, roll a d20 and if X or higher, reduce attack dice of enemy" kind of thing. Just my .
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Teleport is straight from Abra's card. Since Kadabra teleports all the time in the TV series, and since it evolved from Abra, teleport makes sense. We'd have to change Teleport on Abra to Teleport 8 and then make Kadabra's Teleport 6 or Teleport 5.

I know it's adding more markers--that's why I cringed when I saw Primeape's card because I'd had Kadabra's card ready for a while.

I was really looking forward to testing Kadabra with Double Team (I think it's just so much closer to the anime, and it looks like a ton of fun to playtest. It also fits Kadabra, since it is fast and tricky). But I'll think about Disable or Recover. Abra evolves into Kadabra at level 16, but then evolves into Alakazam by trade--which is pretty easy to do in a campaign of 2 or more Trainers.

I've worked on the wording for a while, but I'm sure it could still improve. The intent was that Kadabra can ONLY ATTACK when its markers are on the board. If it wants to move or Teleport, it needs to remove the markers first and then use Teleport.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:48 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
If it wants to move or Teleport, it needs to remove the markers first and then use Teleport.
If that's the case, you need to add a line to Teleport sraring that.
"Kadabra may not Teleport if it has DT markers in play." or something.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:37 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Seems like that clause would fit better on Double Team, something like "This Kadabra may not move while it has Double Team markers in play." That rules out teleport too, as that happens "instead of moving."

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

He looks good, but the two abilities he has clash. Teleport and Double Team both seem like easier ways of getting to enemies, but he only has his Psychic-type normal attack. What happens when he comes across a Dark-type? Since Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam are famous (or infamous, depending on your view) for being accessible to the elemental punches, then it should have one; all three would be overkill.

Double Team's wording is nice, but I think it belongs on a different Pokemon (Ninjask, who was already mentioned). If you want to keep it, WK, that's cool, too. I think Kadabra should have either Teleport and an elemental punch, or Double Team and an elemental punch.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:29 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I don't know about elemental punches on Kadabra. I mean, I know it can learn them and all, but it really seems to clash with the psychic theme.

Also, it's not a problem that Kadabra isn't very good against Dark Types. It's not supposed to be.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:44 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

While Double Team is really cool, it'll be a royal pain to get rules for placement, height, etc. As well, I agree that Double Team does not fit the theme very well, not to mention that having a range of 6 can give it total map control.

On other powers to use as opposed to Double Team or an elemental punch, Confusion is pretty commonly used, and Kinesis could work as a version of Gust or Whirlwind or whatever power went on Pidgey. Kadabra throwing enemies around sounds kinda fun.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Kinesis could work as a version of Gust or Whirlwind or whatever power went on Pidgey. Kadabra throwing enemies around sounds kinda fun.
The only problem with that is that Kinesis in the game simply reduces accuracy, so, it would be more likely to reduce dice than throw figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum