Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old March 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Primeape!

The reason Punishment can change the attack type to Dark is because Punishment is a Dark-Type move in the game.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Referencing type in a move is fine in this case, as it simply has no effect in Classic 'Scape and doesn't change the power level enough in Pokescape to create a point discrepancy. What we don't want are moves that say things like "Roll 2 additional attack dice against water-type monsters."

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:40 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Double post.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."

Last edited by fiddlerjones; March 10th, 2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Oops, double post!
Old March 12th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
PRIMAL RAGE
Whenever a figure inflicts a wound on this Primeape, place a Primal Rage Marker on that figure's army card. This Primeape must attack an enemy figure with a Primal Rage marker on it, if possible.
Whenever this Primeape attacks a figure with a Primal Rage Marker on its card, it rolls 2 additional attack dice.

PUNISHMENT
This Primeape may move an additional 2 spaces if doing so allows it to end his movement adjacent to a figure with a Primal Rage Marker on its card.
If this Primeape engages a figure this turn, you may change this Primeape's normal attack to Dark Type when attacking that figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
Primal Rage is still unclear to me. Am I required to use punishment to get to a figure with a Primal Rage marker on it if it's possible during my turn? Do I only have to attack a figure with a Primal Rage marker if Primape is adjacent?
The way the abilities are worded, I'd say yes you have to use Punishment if it enables you to get adjacent to the figure with the Primal Rage Marker.

Why would Primeape's attack be Dark-type only on the turn he engages? Also, do we want to reference attack type in the abilities on the Pokemon? Would that raise compatibility issues?

Here's a suggestion combining these 2 powers (and leaving out the reference to attack type)

Quote:
Primal Rage
Whenever a figure inflicts a wound on this Primeape, place a Primal Rage Marker on that figure's army card. This Primeape must attack an enemy figure with a Primal Rage marker on it, if possible. This Primeape may add 2 to its movement if it can end its move adjacent to a figure with a Primal Rage Marker. Whenever this Primeape attacks a figure with a Primal Rage Marker on its card, it rolls 2 additional attack dice.
I thought about combining them into one power too, but I kind of like the way minimoose has Punishment as an "I'm coming to get you" type of move.

I'll be away from the computer until Tuesday--if you want to vote on Primeape I vote YES for minimoose's version with my new wording.

Kadabra is supposed to come after Primeape. If you finish with Primeape before I return you can wait for Kadabra or move on to another of the Pokemon.
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:15 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Well, I would say let's vote on this joker, but Minimoose has been MIA since March 7. Should he return with the updated Primeape, we can move forward.
Old March 14th, 2011, 11:49 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Don't worry I have been watching the discussion closely. I like Whiteknight's wording changes except I would like to keep Primeape's ability to hit with a dark type move.

In pokemon, learning moves from as many different types is what makes a pokemon the most adept at fighting as many other different pokemon as possible. If all we have are pokemon with special attacks of their own type, there are going to be a lot games where your all psychic type army completely wipes out my all fighting type army because of type disadvantage. I gave Primeape Punishment to give him something that psychcic types would fear, a boosted Dark type attack.

Here are my reworded powers:

PRIMAL RAGE
Whenever a figure inflicts a wound on this Primeape, place a Primal Rage Marker on that figure's army card. If this Primeape is adjacent to an enemy figure with a Primal Rage marker it must attack that figure if possible.
Whenever this Primeape attacks a figure with a Primal Rage Marker on its card, it rolls 2 additional attack dice.

PUNISHMENT
This Primeape may move an additional 2 spaces if doing so allows it to end his movement adjacent to a figure with a Primal Rage Marker on its card.
If this Primeape engages a figure this turn, you may change this Primeape's normal attack to Dark Type when attacking that figure.

Stat boxes are pretty good so I will keep those the same, unless anyone has any suggestions on them.

Old March 14th, 2011, 03:33 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I think the stat boxes and the reworded powers are fine. Is it voting time?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old March 14th, 2011, 06:29 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Let's get the whole thing together in one post and allow for one last round of comments.
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:00 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Primal Rage markers work on common figures? So that if a Stinger wounds a Primeape, all Primeapes get 2 extra attack against all Stingers? Seems a bit off to me.
Old March 15th, 2011, 08:48 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Primal Rage markers work on common figures? So that if a Stinger wounds a Primeape, all Primeapes get 2 extra attack against all Stingers? Seems a bit off to me.
Yes--Primeape's one mad dude!

Thematically, maybe Primeape's not very bright and all Stingers look the same to him. Or maybe it wants revenge on you AND your closest buddies. Either way, I still think it fits.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Yes--Primeape's one mad dude!

Thematically, maybe Primeape's not very bright and all Stingers look the same to him. Or maybe it wants revenge on you AND your closest buddies. Either way, I still think it fits.
My thoughts exactly.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old March 16th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Jynx!

Quote:
Primeape v2.0

Left hand Box

Pokemon
Uncommon hero
Pigmonkey
Relentless
Medium 4

Stats:

6 Life
6 Move
1 Range
4 Attack
4 Defense

PRIMAL RAGE
Whenever a figure inflicts a wound on this Primeape, place a Primal Rage Marker on that figure's army card. This Primeape must attack an enemy figure with a Primal Rage marker on it, if possible.

PUNISHMENT

I combined minimoose's stats with my abilities wording to get Primeape v2.0.

Any further comments, or are we ready to vote?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum