Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Jynx!

Mine wasn't in red, so to make it official

Yes to Jynx at 120.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Jynx v1.2 passes at 120 points!

I'll put the playtest card into the Playtesting thread soon.

minimoose, you're next with Primeape!
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:05 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Primeape

Left hand Box

Pokemon
Uncommon hero
Pigmonkey
Relentless
Medium 4

Stats:

6/5 Life
6 Move
1 Range
3/4 Attack
4 Defense

Powers:

Option A

Thrash
Primape may attack any or all figures adjacent to him.

Rage

Primeape rolls one additional attack die for each wound he has.

Option B (Uses 4 dice for attack instead of 3, use 5 life instead of 6)

Rage
Whenever a unit inflicts a wound on Primeape, place a Rage counter on that figure's card. Whenever Primeape attacks a figure with a Rage marker on it, he rolls 2 additionall attack dice. Primeape must attack a figure with a Rage marker on it if possible.

Punishment
When moving, Primeape may move an extra 2 spaces if it would allow him to end his movement adjacent to a figure that has a Rage Marker on its card. If he does so,he may make his normal attack be considered Dark Type when applying weaknesses and resistances.

Old March 6th, 2011, 02:21 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Just thinking of the cartoons and Primeape's personality, I think Option B is better. Also, I think the mechanic for rage actually allows for some interesting strategy. Although we would have to think of the effect this will have on any other figures that may have rage. Personally though, thinking just of primeape, Option B I think is the better option.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:43 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I think Option B is definitely more flavorful and probably what we should go with. It does need some wording clarifications though. Does Primeape have to move up to a figure with a rage marker and attack it if he's not adjacent? You could also do a "if you don't attack a figure with a rage marker on your turn, if any figures have rage markers, bad thing happens." Anyway, it's a great start. Option B for sure.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:59 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

What ever happened to simple, straightforward cards? Honestly, I like Option A for that very reason. It's simple and to the point. No need to reinvent the wheel, just throw Primeape on the board and let him have at it.
Just my .
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:42 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I kind of agree with Wulf. I'm fine with Option B, but we have quite a few more cards to design, and we don't want to overpower our cards now. That being said, I do like the in-depth and strategic side of Option B... I'll make a choice later.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I definitely prefer Option A. It's a lot more simple, which continues the theme we set out with Mankey. I think most of our fighting types should be pretty simple, with the exception of the legendaries of course.

Old March 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

We already have a RAGE Special Ability on Charmeleon:

RAGE 3
When this Charmeleon attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, add 1 die to this Charmeleon's attack for each wound marker on its Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 additional dice.

We should either make Primeape's RAGE the same (RAGE 2, 3, or 4), or we should rename it, or we should rename Charmeleon's ability.

I like Option B, but we don't want two abilities with the same name but different powers.
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I like Option A. It's much simpler, and it would allow Primeape to be a true Fighting-type. Option B makes him seem sort of like a Dark-type who sneaks up on people who've angered him. Fighting-types should be about fighting someone face-to-face, not running about and pulling fast ones.
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:12 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Although we might want to save the paypack mechanic for Gengar/Duskull. It's definitely solid.

Old March 6th, 2011, 02:13 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Rage
Primeape rolls one additional attack die for each wound he has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
We already have a RAGE Special Ability on Charmeleon:

RAGE 3
When this Charmeleon attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, add 1 die to this Charmeleon's attack for each wound marker on its Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 additional dice.

We should either make Primeape's RAGE the same (RAGE 2, 3, or 4), or we should rename it, or we should rename Charmeleon's ability.
Actually, the mechanic here is the same, but you're right, it would need to be reworded to Charmeleon's version for consistency.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum