Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 8th, 2023, 11:57 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
No $&@¥ing way will I field my second army with two squads of 10th Reg. Not only do I lose a full squad, but I do so even if I am left with a partial one.

Sorry chas, but your solutions discourage the use of Ebon Armor and the better common squads. Perhaps even unique squads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I think it makes the game more interesting. After all, a switched squad could be reswitched, or even grabbed back by the original owner, at a later Switch Phase. Except for the last one, after which there are only two rounds left after it is done.

I don't see that this would be much different from having heroes of comparable point cost which can be switched in your army. Switching remains both strategic and chaotic, but not necessarily permanent.

I'd think the 12 hex start zone limits the use of squads in any event. . . .

*Only 1 card can be taken from each player during each switch. If a player is playing multiple squads, only one squad, full if available, is taken. A second squad from a squad taken cannot be taken by a second player. Squad figures taken can be chosen by the Taking Player, and should be marked to show current ownership with markers colored by player.

*A card that is taken, if wounded, may remove 1 wound if a Hero, or add one figure if a Squad who has lost figures but has not been defeated. An added Squad figure can be placed adjacent to any friendly figure of the new owner, but not adjacent to an enemy figure (as defined in the moment).
Permanence is not the point. If I draft two 4 figure squads, such as the 10th (75 points), and loose a figure during the first 2 Rounds, at the switch I loose more than a squad, as my remaining squad is a figure short. If I loose a 75 point hero, that's all I loose. Not comparable.

I can see a situation where I loose a figure, my squad is taken and a figure added, it looses a figure, the squad is taken and gains a figure, etc., for three switches. Very useful to take, but not so much to field initially, as your opponents gain more than you do. And you end up with a total of more figures of a particular squad (killed + left on the table) than were initially fielded. Weird.

Last edited by kolakoski; September 8th, 2023 at 12:18 PM.
Old September 8th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

My army for the 16th:
Sir Dupius 150 points, 2 spaces
Phantom Knights x3 210 points, 9 spaces
Raelin SotM 120 points, 1 space

Total: 480 points, 12 spaces

Last edited by Taeblewalker; September 8th, 2023 at 08:01 PM.
Old September 9th, 2023, 07:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski,

Well, we'll have to see how Switcheroo plays out. Of course, every player has the same constraints. You're concerned about both army building and keeping your army together if using squads, and you may be right. As you can see, I didn't adopt any of the more complex solutions we discussed for now, because our other pals have not joined the discussion, and will probably wait to see how the scenario works in practice before offering comments and suggestions on further developing the scenario.

All I can say for now is what General Grant said when he took over running all the Union armies in the Civil War, and adressed the command of the somewhat demoralized Eastern Front Army of the Potomac the first time:

"All I hear is about what Robert E. Lee is going to do to us. 'Lee is going to do this. Lee is going to do that. Lee and his army are going to do a triple somersault and land behind us.'

You should spend more time thinking about what we are going to do to him!"

Last edited by chas; September 10th, 2023 at 07:10 AM.
Old September 9th, 2023, 07:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

With one week to go, I now have one Switcheroo army each from Kolakoski and Taeblewalker. I still have to build mine. As I mentioned in a private email, I expect as usual to play 2-3 games, so you can bring a second army if you like. Sherman Davies and Thrasher Darkrai are no doubt plotting our downfall themselves with interesting armies, but we haven't heard from them yet, and may not know what they are bringing until they get here, as I didn't need to require to see armies beforehand this time around.

Hey Lurkers, what armies would you bring? (See the scenario upthread in Post #1700).
Old September 10th, 2023, 07:11 AM

...and I now have two armies from Kolakoski, who never stops planning!
Old September 10th, 2023, 10:30 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

An army I decided not to use:

150 Q10
90 Warden 816
60 Zetacron
50 Tarn
50 Beorn Boltcutter
500 points, 10 spaces

Old September 10th, 2023, 12:08 PM

Kolakoski,

Beorn Boltcutter is the kind of card that would probably be "Hate Switched" (there's a new phrase for you) just to weaken your army. I've decided not to use such auxiliary cards myself also.

As for your concern about Squads being used, I don't think there is a single army without squads or multiple identical Common Heroes out of the seven I've got so far!

These are: Kolakoski x2, Taeblewalker x1, Thrasher Darkrai x2, Chas x2.

Last edited by chas; September 10th, 2023 at 12:23 PM.
Old September 10th, 2023, 12:15 PM

I just put a two new clarifications into the Switcheroo scenario:

1. A card with figures that start the game off the board such as the Airborne Elite can be switched at any time on a Switch Round, whether before or after their entry.

2. If multiple wound Age of Annihilation squad is switched, it recovers one wound to an onboard figure if possible; and if not a figure previously killed with one wound on it.
Old September 10th, 2023, 01:55 PM

Age of Annihilation Note

In the AOA site section, the fairly new Books Of AOA units are now treating these as official units. As such, the Books include synergies with previous Classic Scape cards. So if you are playing them, you may want to check these out under AOA--"Official Units."

Of course, those of us who play with Custom VC units may find others...
Old September 10th, 2023, 02:13 PM

I've just discovered that there is a committee called New Generation Customs or "NGC", which started providing new AOA custom cards for a few cards that were announced back when the Hasbro offering failed, as well as some new customs "set in the AOA Universe." Now with the Renegade Relaunch, they are continuing, but switching to new customs only.

You can check out their welcome thread here:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=62319

I haven't looked at their stuff yet.
Old September 10th, 2023, 08:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
My army for the 16th:
Sir Dupius 150 points, 2 spaces
Phantom Knights x3 210 points, 9 spaces
Raelin SotM 120 points, 1 space

Total: 480 points, 12 spaces
My second army:
Ornak 100 points, 1 space
Brunak 110 points, 2 spaces
Iskra Esenwein 50 points, 1 space
Rechets of Bogden 50 points, 3 spaces
Heavy Gruts 70 points, 3 spaces (sit one Grut)
Grimnak 120 points, 2 spaces

Old September 10th, 2023, 10:13 PM

TW,

500 Points, 12 Spaces, right? Very Orc-y!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion