Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old July 8th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Thanos

The Book of Thanos

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.
    The 'S' symbol in the lower left-hand corner of the card signifies this figure has Superstrength. A figure with Superstrength is immune to Falling and Major Falling; the figure is not immune to Extreme Falling however. A figure with Superstrength is also able to ignore any abilities a destructible object has that would give it automatic shields. (Firemaster)

- REJECTED BY DEATH : Rolling for 'dead cards'
    If I have a turn order marker on an Army Card, but every figure on the Army Card has been destroyed, can I still roll for Rejected By Death?
    No. If the every figure on the Army Card is destroyed, you cannot take that turn, and Rejected By Death would never activate. (Hasbro FAQ)

- REJECTED BY DEATH : Using Order Markers after Thanos is revived
    If I have a turn order marker on a destroyed Thanos, but he is brought back onto the board by Rejected By Death before I would have used that Turn Order Marker, can I take that turn with him when the time comes?
    Yes. The turn order markers are not removed from the cards once a figure is destroyed. If Thanos is on the board when his turn would come up (even if he was destroyed the turn before), he can take that turn. (Hasbro FAQ)

- REJECTED BY DEATH : Bonding Resurrection
    If I have a turn order marker on a figure with a Bonding power, or a power that lets me take more then one turn (Kato Katsuro Command, Kurrok's Master of the Elements, Frenzy) and I bond with a figure or take multiple turns with these powers, do I roll for Rejected By Death only once or once of each figure's turn?
    The power is for "each of your turns" and since bonding means you take a separate turn it triggers at the start of both the bonded hero's and the squad's turns. For Kato Katsuro Command and Mater of the Elements, you are taking a turn with other units INSTEAD of the turn with figure who revealed the order marker, so you only get to roll for the units you are taking a turn with for those powers, but in the case of Kurrok you would take a turn once before each Elemental. For Frenzy you are taking multiple turns, so the short answer is any power that says "take a turn" you roll for Rejected by Death for each turn.

Synergy Benefits Received
Marvel:
  • TBA
Classic:
  • TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
Marvel:
  • TBA
Classic:
  • TBA

Last edited by Ronin; February 27th, 2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Hands down my favorite MarvelScape figure so far. The power... the raw power... MUA HA HA!!!

I wish I hadn't splurged my $30 on Wave 7 right now... kinda.
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:35 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
(My may change when I get figure.)

Thanos-Raw destructive power. Only one word can describe Thanos. Deadly. A+

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think Thanos or the Surfer are a better draft than Abomination or Hulk. Ranged flying is just so deadly, plus Thanos can return from the dead if your opponent gets lucky with teh d20...something Hulk can't do. If I'm going to drop 360 points on one figure, I want him to have some insurance against insta-death. Surfer is just so mobile that he can avoid many dangers....insurance through movement.
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:21 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
My favorite Marvel figure by far! This guy is a beast! And you get to roll every turn after he dies!(of yours of course) That's three times a round! That's awesome!

Old July 12th, 2007, 07:45 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Question about Thanos:

If you have all your turn markers on Thanos, then he dies in turn 1. When your turn 2 comes around, your markers are on a figure that is dead, so i have 2 questions.

1) Do you still get to roll for his "Rejected by death" even though you have no turn markers on figures currently in the game.

2) If you are allowed to roll in case 1, and he comes back, do you get to take turn 2 with Thanos?
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
Question about Thanos:

If you have all your turn markers on Thanos, then he dies in turn 1. When your turn 2 comes around, your markers are on a figure that is dead, so i have 2 questions.

1) Do you still get to roll for his "Rejected by death" even though you have no turn markers on figures currently in the game.

2) If you are allowed to roll in case 1, and he comes back, do you get to take turn 2 with Thanos?
1) I would say yes, because it's your turn, even if you can't use it with a figure.

2) I would have to say yes here as well because Thanos' card says at the beginning of the turn, meaning you have the whole rest of the turn to move, attack, etc.
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This is a good question just due to its combination with the Rejected by Death + Frenzy question, which offers a completely separate interpretation of "turn". I think it's important to establish, for this card, whether "turn" is referring to an actual activation or not.
However, if 1 is yes, I'd say 2 is definitely yes, since you roll at the start of your turn - thus you could still take the turn if you roll successfully.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2007, 03:11 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
Question about Thanos:

This was something I was actually wondering myself having played for the first time last night. How are we going about seeking an answer for all Marvelscape questions? Or has someone already begun to ask them?
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:26 AM

Bazooka has disabled reputation
A Monster

I concur with Jonathan. That is how I interpret it as well.
You risk wasting a turn marker, but just be glad for the opportunity to easily gamble on the return of such a powerful character

This is a good boardgame translation of Thanos because it successfully imparts a sense of just how powerful a cosmic level comicbook badass is without being too rediculous

Old July 31st, 2007, 11:09 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Can you put order markers on dead cards?

If Thanos is dead, could I still load him up with order markers next round, taking the gamble that he will return?
Old July 31st, 2007, 01:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I actually thought about this - an official "turn" involves the turning over of the turn marker - you might end up having multiple "turns" on the activation of one turn marker (frenzy), but that initial turn marker activation is required for it to be a turn. If your figure is dead, you reveal and remove the turn marker without activating it. Thus you don't ever have the activation part of the turn, thus you cannot perform *any* actions, including rolling for Rejected by Death.
That said, if your #2 turn marker were on, say some Venoc Vipers, and your #3 turn marker were on a dead Thanos, and you got that 19 roll from the Venocs during their activation with the #2, then your #3 turn marker would be useable once again, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's