Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 18th, 2020, 03:20 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Workbook of Cave Troll

Ooh, I like that.
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:29 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm on board with making this figure (and possibly moria orcs / goblins as well) heavily map dependent (i.e. depended on shadow) - in fact I like it quite a lot.

When thinking about which figures in HoME we want at the B+ and higher power levels for double-blind competitive tourneys, it's important to not have too many squads crack those rankings and I think this is a good way to make these figures quite powerful in the right scenario but still have no effect on the meta of Classic Scape w/ HoME.
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:46 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Totally agree, if the majority of our stuff is B ranked, itll be attractive as fun additions to the game. Also, it's probably easier to gain acceptance for an event if our stuff is lower powered on average, though that isnt necessarily our goal.
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm going to update the OP with this:
NAME = MORIA CAVE TROLL
GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = TROLL
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = BRUTE
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE/7?

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 85

CAVE DWELLER 2
If this Cave Trolls moves over at least three contiguous dungeon or shadow spaces, you may add an additional 2 spaces to his move. When attacking an adjacent figure that is on a dungeon or shadow space, a Cave Troll rolls 2 additional attack dice.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, this Moria Cave Troll always adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
Are we ready to do an editing checklist here? @Chris Perkins @Shiftrex

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:23 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Cave Troll - Design (Fellowship A)

I vote for editing checklist.
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:46 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What exactly does an editing checklist involve? Don't know that terminology.

I think the card is quite good as-is. I might want to up the point total a bit (seems like being more expensive than the ice troll would be good, even though ice troll gets bonding with arrows - maybe 90 or 95 points?). Otherwise I'm happy with the card though
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:02 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

90 points is fine with me. I'll make that change later

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:02 PM

On board for 90 here as well. Can always drop down if need be.
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:05 PM

Here is C3V's editing checklist. We need to answer each question. Generally someone posts the list with their own answers in bold, and any questions that are more obvious or might require a change to the card are highlighted in bold red.

Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:31 PM

So who goes through it then? Lol
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:34 PM

One person can volunteer to do it all or we can just answer questions as we have time until they're all answered

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:36 PM

Did we ever decide on how we were splitting the "bad guys" between Utgar & Valkrill?

If not, I can think of a few options:
1) Utgar is from Mordor & Valkrill is from Misty Mountains / Isenguard
2) Valkrill is from Isenguard and Utgar is everything else
3) Utgar is all Orcs & Uruks and Valkrill is all non-orcs (men from south & east, for example).

Some of those options might change this card to Valkrill.

If we had this discussion on a previous thread and I forgot, apologies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs