Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 13th, 2020, 03:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I always play knockback as optional when I do play it. The player can choose before the attack if they’re doing a knockback attack or a non-knockback one. It makes sense to me; Hulk can punch someone back but he can also slam them into the ground.
Exactly how we play it too.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe I'll try to play it that way next time we gather for C3G. Or maybe I should try it out when play testing to get more use to using it.
Old January 14th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Few more questions:

The Reality Gem states, "Before taking a turn with this figure..."

The Time Gem states, "After revealing a numbered Order Marker and taking your turn, before any other player takes a turn, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of this figure and take an immediate turn with this figure.

And *SNAP!* states, "Once per game, instead of taking a turn with Thanos..."

I could see two interpretations:
1. The Player may use both the Reality Gem and the Time Gem prior to using the SNAP, because both come before "taking a turn with [Thanos]," after which, the player may then choose to SNAP instead of using Thanos.
OR
2. Because the powers specifically mention occurring before "taking a turn with this figure," that means that Thanos cannot SNAP after using these powers, because that power is "instead of taking a turn with Thanos."

I'm kind of torn, which is more accurate? I'm leaning to 1, but I could see 2 as a way of ensuring that the snap is a single, pure use of all the stones at once.

Last one, the Mind Gem states, "The chosen opponent must show you all Order Markers on Army Cards that opponent controls."
I'm guessing "show" is different from revealing, in that no effects will be triggered, and the OMs may still be used by the opponent, correct?
Old January 14th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

You would need to *snap* before using the Time Gem as you must give up his turn which occurs before taking the turn whereas the Time Gem occurs after havi g taken your turn.

Correct to the Mind Gem. You just know where each is.
Old January 15th, 2020, 05:11 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not sure I was clear in my questions.

I think I understand what you meant, in regards to the Time Gem, because it states, "After revealing a numbered Order Marker and taking your turn... you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of this figure and take an immediate turn with this figure."

Because the Time Gem doesn't dictate that the turn taken with the numbered OM must have been taken by that figure, the SNAP qualifies.
But, because it states that "you take an immediate turn with this figure," that means that you cannot SNAP, because you must instead play Thanos normally on the X OM.

Thus, one cannot collect the final gem on one's numbered order marker, and then reveal the X to snap, correct?

So, because the Reality Gem states, "Before taking a turn with this figure, you may move any one unrevealed Order Marker on one player's card to another card that player controls."
Does using the Reality Gem mean that Thanos can't then decide to SNAP instead of taking a turn, because the Reality Gem locks you in to "take a turn with that figure"?
Old January 17th, 2020, 12:27 PM
Casing the Corners

My apologies, I hope I haven't overkilled this discussion. I am still curious, though, if anyone can help me out.
Old January 17th, 2020, 12:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not an authority here but my guess is you can Snap off of a Time Gem turn.
I imagine that had to come up during testing so I would look at those.
I think you are right about the Reality gem.
Old January 17th, 2020, 01:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Nah man you haven’t worn anything out. I think everyone is just a bit distracted right now.

My thinking (and how I’ve always played that kind of power) is that using a “before taking a turn” power doesn’t lock you out of using any “instead of taking a turn” options. Similar to how using a “before moving” power doesn’t lock you out of using an “instead of moving” power, etc.

However, I’m fairly certain that it doesn’t work the same for “after taking a turn” powers. I’m fairly certain that you can’t use one of those (like a Sidekick bonding power) if you used an “instead of taking a turn” power. So I don’t think you’d be able to use *Snap* then get a Time Gem bonus turn immediately after. Basically because you’ve already decided whether or not you’ve actually taken a turn.

Idk, I could be wrong on one or both counts, but that’s my logic.
Old January 17th, 2020, 01:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Before taking a turn + instead of taking a turn = allowed
Instead of taking a turn + after taking a turn = not allowed

Generally agree with that thought Nobody. Might not seem right at first glance, but it has to do with turn order and timing. Can't do something after taking a turn if you gave up that turn, but you can do something before taking a turn and then decided to 'spend' that turn on something else.
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:04 PM
Casing the Corners

Thank you all!

That makes sense. In that case, I think Thanos is pretty unrestricted in terms of using both Reality and Time gems in concert with the Snap.

He may Reality, Snap, Time, Reality, Normal Turn
and he may Reality, Normal Turn, Time, Reality, Snap
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:07 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Nope, he actually can't use the gauntlet for the rest of the game after he uses Snap. He drops all of the glyphs and cannot pick them back up.
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Casing the Corners

Not too long ago I asked for some clarification on this, and it seems that the consensus was that after the Snap, Thanos loses the power to Equip Gylphs, and the power to +1 his rolls to retain the gauntlet. So after the Snap, he doesn't immediately lose it, but loses it to death or wounds & rolls of 7+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
The 2 questions here seem to be;

1) Does Thanos lose the Gauntlet immediately after the Snap (seeing as he is no longer capable of equipping Glyphs, making him having the Glyph an “illegal game state”) or does he lose it like a Unique Hero would? (AKA receiving wound/being destroyed and then failing the “save” roll on the Gauntlet)
The intent is very much the latter, and that's how I played it. The Glyph is already equipped, which is what the power allows him to do.
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Huh, weird. We had a discussion about negating Batman a few weeks back and we determined that illegal game states make you immediately revert to legal, and Event Heroes can't hold glyphs so they would be dropped. I'll have to bring this back into the sanctum and look at it. I've been working on a design that allows negation, so we'd have to figure it out soon anyway.

I wasn't around for this guy being made, so I'm not sure how he was tested.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library