Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 10th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

It's interesting, I've seen now two of you share that you don't play with knockback. Any particular reason for that?

To me, knockback and throwing are almost 2/3 of the Superstrength power (the other elements being falling damage and the way certain powers affect another), unless I'm missing something. And I'm sure Superstrength adds a certain amount to a figure's cost. Is there a standard number for the value of Superstrength?

Had an exciting moment where Thanos sent Cap careening 4 spaces back before crashing into a battlement.

Knockback greatly affects where I place my figures, because I may want to place a figure adjacent to the edge of a ruin, so as to gain the +2 defense on ranged/normal, but I also don't want to stand where, say, Thanos can come right up and pummel the figure against the wall.
Old January 10th, 2020, 02:28 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I've never played with Knockback rules, though I only use C3G stuff in tourneys or for testing anyway, global rules for that sort of thing don't appeal to me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 10th, 2020, 02:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think because most of our playing is testing and adding in Throwing and Knock back rules adds in extra variables which is not always ideal.
I believe L_O uses them most of time.
Old January 10th, 2020, 02:44 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We play sometimes with Knockback. Usually when testing we do not.

Anyway reading the timing of Knockback I would argue that yes both figures take the wound before Rewritten Death.

From Knockback rules
"Roll one attack die for Knockback Damage. A skull rolled counts as an unblockable hit to both the defending figure and any figure or destructible object that prevented its movement."

This is the sequence I would use in one of my games:
1) Thanos is Knocked back into another figure/obstacle (or another figure into Thanos)
2) A skull is rolled for Knockback damage
3) Place wounds on each figure/obstacle involved
4) Check for figures/obstacles being destroyed
5) Rewritten Death now circumvents Thanos from being destroyed

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old January 10th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I really should use Knockback more. I should also try playing outside of playtesting some time ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 13th, 2020, 10:22 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When I use Hulk, I try to corner the opponent because I don't want to knock them away and unintentionally Sooth the Beast at the end of the round.

Same with Dr. Doom, in the first time I used him, twice he knocked Thanos away, preventing me from using Mystic Power Drain.

Would be so cool if Doom survived the snap, wounds Thanos, takes the gauntlet, power drains him and Snaps Thanos out of existence.
Old January 13th, 2020, 10:40 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
When I use Hulk, I try to corner the opponent because I don't want to knock them away and unintentionally Sooth the Beast at the end of the round.

Same with Dr. Doom, in the first time I used him, twice he knocked Thanos away, preventing me from using Mystic Power Drain.

Would be so cool if Doom survived the snap, wounds Thanos, takes the gauntlet, power drains him and Snaps Thanos out of existence.
Sadly, Thanos as an Event Hero is somewhat Snap resistant - still, that is four wounds, and an 'I am inevitable' 'I am Doctor Doom' moment would be the definition of awesome!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 13th, 2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old January 13th, 2020, 10:41 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Hah, seems like a very Doom thing to do.
Old January 13th, 2020, 12:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think that is why the Knockback rules never really caught on with me. I didn't like having to chase my opponents figures around the board as they got a free disengage when I punched them. When fighting another melee figure that can't be healed up, it's not a big deal, but when the figure you punched has a strong non-adj. attack power or can fly off to HG, etc. knocking them out of engagement can be a poor tactical move.
Old January 13th, 2020, 01:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I always play knockback as optional when I do play it. The player can choose before the attack if they’re doing a knockback attack or a non-knockback one. It makes sense to me; Hulk can punch someone back but he can also slam them into the ground.
Old January 13th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Casing the Corners

Thanks for all the replies! Nice Catch, LO.

I, the Knockback thread, I did ask how optional is "optional" in terms of knockback, and received this from Bats:

"It's optional whether to use it or not. How you decide to use it is ultimately up to you, but it's only been tested as either all on or all off, rather than something you use selectively. I'd recommend either using it fully or not using it at all, rather than going for some middle ground. "

So, I've gone all on since. However, I suppose the threat of it being used is still enough to influence where the opponent ends movement. And I suppose perhaps the more things are optional, the more room for strategy exists? I think I'll try a few games as it being optional from attack to attack.
Old January 13th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I always play knockback as optional when I do play it. The player can choose before the attack if they’re doing a knockback attack or a non-knockback one. It makes sense to me; Hulk can punch someone back but he can also slam them into the ground.
Exactly how we play it too.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library