Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Swordsman

The Book of Swordsman

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #007-009/ Swordsman.

Character Bio - When Clint Barton came to the Carson Carnival of Traveling Wonders, the Swordsman became one of his mentors. Young Clint strove to become the Swordsman’s equal, but always fell short of his master. The Swordsman’s carnival days came to the end when Clint walked in on him stealing from the traveling attraction. The Swordsman asked if Clint would join him in a life of professional crime, but was fought instead by his student. The Swordsman defeated Clint and escaped. The Swordsman later tried to infiltrate the Avengers as a way to get away with his crimes more easily. The Swordsman became involved in a scuffle with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. He was identified by Clint who was now the heroic Hawkeye and was sent away. The Mandarin teleported Duquesne to his ship where he modified the Swordsman’s sword and made a deal with him to destroy the Avengers by again infiltrating them. Through the Mandarin’s tricks, the Avengers accepted the Swordsman who went through a trial and fought alongside them for a time. When the time came to destroy the Avengers, the Swordsman planted the bomb the Mandarin gave him, but could not bring himself to gain victory in that way. When seen trying to deactivate the bomb, he was misunderstood and was forced to flee.

The Swordsman clashed with the Avengers many times after that, including in a partnership with Powerman and the Enchantress and as part of a team of villains assembled by the Mandarin. In their clashes, Hawkeye had proved himself no longer inferior to the Swordsman and proclaimed his freedom from his old mentor. The Swordsman eventually did join the Avengers for righteous reasons and served well. During this time he had a romantic relationship with the Mantis. On one of the Avengers missions, the Swordsman was slain, dying a hero. - Marvel.com

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Exactly how does Swordplay work with multiple adjacent opponent figures that are at standing on varying levels of height in relation to Swordsman?
  • A: The first attack "locks in" a number of attack dice to roll, and every subsequent attack after that is based on the initial roll. Lets do an example: If Swordsman (with 5 Attack) had height advantage on the first target, he would be able to use Swordplay for a maximum of 6 attacks (using 6,5,4,3,2,1 dice), regardless of who he attacked after the first attack. This is assuming that he rolled at least 1 skull on each previous attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:07 AM. Reason: png
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Swordsman - Design Phase

NAME = SWORDSMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = JACQUES DUQUESNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = REFORMED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 160

SWORDPLAY
If Swordsman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

MAKLUAN SWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4 + Special.
Before attacking with this special attack, choose one of the following:
• roll one additional attack die; or
• if you inflict one or more wounds on the defending figure, immediately roll one unblockable attack die for each wound inflicted this turn.

COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 1st, 2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Last edited by Hahma; October 25th, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:28 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Man I am getting sick of saying this but, I don't know this character. Powers look good though, nice design.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

I hear you A3n, though I haven't heard of a ton of the DC units we've done in the past and now that we've got so many of the main characters done, we're getting to the more obscure ones.

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:53 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I have to be honest, I know the character (and I actually know quite alot about him) but I had no idea he had a special sword.

Looks cool though, and the powers look great! I wonder if maybe his attack shouldn't drop one though.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

I hear you Spidey, but this is what I was going off of from marvel comic database. Not being too familiar with him, I don't know how iconic it is with those abilities that Mandarin gave the sword. If people would rather have him without it, I can drop it.
Quote:
Weapons
  • Makluan Sword: The Mandarin equipped the Swordsman's sword with special devices adapted from Makluan technology. By pressing one of the buttons on the sword's hilt, the Swordsman could project an energy beam with great concussive force, a disintegrating ray, a large jet of flame, electrical blasts or a stream of gas capable of rendering opponents unconscious
  • Throwing Knives: Aside from his sword, the Swordsman usually carried throwing knives.
Not sure about lowering his attack. An attack of 4 with a sword is kind of weak. Even with Swordplay, rolling 1 skull each time for another attack isn't going to be that terrible because it's a normal attack that many special defenses can work against and multiple attacks against guys like Spidey or Flash don't mean anything if the enemy moves after avoiding the first attack. He's only got 4 lives and ranged attacks or special attacks can bypass Counter Strike.

Last edited by Hahma; October 25th, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not sure the Swordplay text is completely right here. Here's what the Index lists for Talia (note that it gets used only on the same defending figure):

If Talia al Ghul attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, she may attack that figure again. She may continue attacking the same adjacent figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

With the special attack, as Hawkeye I has taught me, that extra wounds power's probably never going to come into play, because are you really going to give up the auto-skull for that? With the auto-skull you increase your chances of wounding in the first place, and if you roll well enough to get a wound on 3 dice, you're going to get an extra wound anyway. So I think it's a non-option right now. I think that if you up the special attack value to 4, it might start to come into play, because unless folks really think they have a decent chance of getting 2+ wounds in with the initial special attack, there's just no reason to bother. Even then, though, I'd probably sway towards the auto skull.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 26th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well here's Talia's SP. I actually copy/pasted Swordplay from Fandral's SP but wanted to double check to make sure it was the same as Talia's just now and it is. Either Talia and Fandral's cards/sp are wrong or the Index is wrong

Quote:
NAME = TALIA AL GHUL

SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = SEDUCTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 110

DIVIDED LOYALTY
Before taking a turn with Talia al Ghul:
  • If she is adjacent to one or more Masterminds or Assassins you control, add 1 to her Attack number this turn.
  • If she is adjacent to an opponent's Vigilante or Sidekick, she may not attack any figure she began the turn adjacent to.
SWORDPLAY
If Talia al Ghul attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, she may attack an adjacent figure again. She may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

PHANTOM WALK
Talia al Ghul can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Yeah, the special could probably go up to 4. It's supposed to be flames and an energy beam. I had thought about it before, but worried the auto-skull would be too much. Maybe instead of the auto skull, it could just be "roll one additional die" type of thing and that could even help both options to be closer to being equally useful. I figured the extra wound one is for burning damage and would be best against lower defense figures that have a special defense.

Old October 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well here's Talia's SP. I actually copy/pasted Swordplay from Fandral's SP but wanted to double check to make sure it was the same as Talia's just now and it is. Either Talia and Fandral's cards/sp are wrong or the Index is wrong

SWORDPLAY

If Talia al Ghul attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, she may attack an adjacent figure again. She may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.
Let me check on that.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, the index (at least the version I was looking at) is wrong. Good call, Hambone. The version here matches what is on the actual cards for Talia and others, which is the most important part.

I like the idea of going 4 for the special attack and changing the auto skull option to a +1 attack option. Definitely more of a decision there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old October 27th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Updated SP and sent out for ERB

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library