Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Best Playable/Looking Map
Mist Valley 13 40.63%
Evergreen 7 21.88%
Crystal Caverns 11 34.38%
Go Up or Get Wet 6 18.75%
Darken Wood 10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun
"Trophy Map" Contest Poll: G

"TROPHY MAP" CONTEST POLL: G

This is the final poll of the contest, the entry with the most votes will be crowned the champion of the "Trophy Map" Contest, and granted a $25 gift card to auggiesgamesonline.com from OverEngineered! Voting will be open from NOW until Monday, September 10th. Here are the maps for POLL: G:
  1. Mist Valley
    Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ

2. Evergreen
    Requires: 1 RotV, 2 RttFF

Spoiler Alert!

3. Crystal Caverns
    Requires: 1 BftU, 1 TT, 1 FotA (Heavy Snow, Normal Ice)

4. Go Up or Get Wet
    Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

5. Darken Wood
    1 BftU, 1 RttFF (trees-only)

Last edited by heroscaper2010; September 8th, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:15 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker
Re: "Trophy Map" Contest Poll: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

Voting will be open from NOW until Saturday, September 10th.
You mean Monday, September 10th?

Edit: dang, this is a tough choice. These are some really nice maps
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:28 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Get Up or Get Wet is really the only one of these that I'm not too keen on, but Mist Valley and Crystal Caverns look like the best of the bunch, IMO. Both of these maps stand out to me, largely due to them having adequate start-zone protection (or, specifically in the case of Mist Valley, protection for unit just arriving on the battlefield) and larger center area.

Most of the maps in this contest do an excellent job of covering the bases (good lanes, protected start zones, metered height, etc), but these have really stood out to me.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
"TROPHY MAP" CONTEST POLL: E
That sorta disagrees with the thread title.

I'm going to vote for all of them. Just because I'm evil like that

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:47 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:

b-but... if you vote for all of them... you are effectively voting for none...why? WWHHHYY???

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Mist Valley is one nice looking map indeed.
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:08 AM

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry, when I made the threads, I just copy and pasted from the others and forgot to change some of the stuff.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:39 AM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

wow, the final maps look great! My little idea has gone so far... they grow up so fast lol. anyway, might as well do analysis:

Mist valley: this one looks really cool, with some diverse terrain including good use of plants and ruins. I like how it's the only one that's an actual picture; the fact that the background if solid white gives it a certain isoleted feel that goes with the theme. Of course, this has nothing to do with the map itself.

Evergreen: definitely a lot of nooks and crannies for such a small map. There are definitely a lot of places to hide behind, but I still feel like things would get clogged up in the middle despite all this.

Crystal caverns: probably the most visually appealing. The mountain in the center guarantees things won't get clogged up in the middle. Other than that, though, the battlements don't easily conceal figures of about 5 height or more, so it might be a little open.

Go up or get wet: Don't take this the wrong way, whoever made this, but I think this map is the worst of the lot. A player can easily walk upthe bridge and snipe his opponent's start zone with height and range, especially if they have flying, like a dragon or atlaga. Also, the water is placed on top of the grass, not at the same level, which looks less professional to me. That said, I like the idea of having to choose between height and a glyph. This map is just too simple, though.

Darken Wood: A nice diverse map that has trees, height, and shadow tiles all dispersed. I like this map because it seems like range won't dominate, and there are many options to choose for figure placement. That said, a figure with 5 move and even 4 range can shoot its opponent's start zone in a mere one turn by walking up the side. Of course, that's understandably a problem with most of these maps.

These maps are all good, but I would say my favorite is Mist Valley, due to its diversity.

Wow, I clearly have way too much time right now

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez

Last edited by TheExplodingCheez; September 8th, 2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: grammerz
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:59 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:

b-but... if you vote for all of them... you are effectively voting for none...why? WWHHHYY???
For the same reason I pos-rep bots.

And because it's funny.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 8th, 2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: And yes, I did vote for all of the maps.
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

We need more voters!
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM

14 minutes left to vote!

My Maps
Old September 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM

Congratulations to, Mooseman, the maker of Mist Valley, you are the first place winner of the "Trophy Map" Contest! You will need to contact OverEngineered for your gift card to auggies.

I also want to congratulate all of the other participants, who entered this contest.

Final Results:

1st - Mist Valley
2nd - Crystal Caverns
3rd - Darken Wood

My Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games