Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 15th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Kang

I never thought to play it that way, but it does seem legit to me. He occupied the space, was in mid flight while placing the glyph, then landed back on it. Seems legit.
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

The only point I'm not sure of is whether you're allowed to fly then unfly after you move your 4th space, or if you're forced to land and end your movement after using up the 4 move spaces. This would affect the Human Torch as well, so it would be useful to clear up.
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:31 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yes you can, fly and unfly infinitely during your move, even your last move. Weird and annoying, but that is an official rules team ruling. Basically the "switch" between walking and flying is at an instant speed at your choice during your movement and your move isn't over until you actually roll attack dice, use another special power, or end your turn and that is from the rules team as well.
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Huh, that's pretty cool. So Human Torch can Flame On someone six spaces away and then attack them while engaged... some interesting strategies to consider!
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM

What? How do you flame on someone that far away, now?
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I mean, if you start your turn six spaces away, you can move in, Flame On, and then attack while adjacent. I assumed before that you would need to land, move back a space, then move back into the engagement, but if you can toggle flying you can do so on your last movement space.
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, that's why i was asking. If you can toggle flying on the last movement that really changes the strategy for Human Torch and Kang a lot.

One downside is, I don't think they were playtested with this rule in mind, it seems like most people thought the way I USED to about it. Until I read the "updated" flying rules I thought to "Flame On" the opponent had to be 6 spaces away so you could move adjacent in 5 moves, and then move away from them on your 6th move and do the "Flame On".

This ruling basically just increases the threat range of heroes with these types of flying based special abilities by 1 spaces, which I don't think should be game breaking.

We might want to note it in the OP though. Other than Torch and Kang, does anyone else have an ability that could be affected by this?
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I mean, if you start your turn six spaces away, you can move in, Flame On, and then attack while adjacent. I assumed before that you would need to land, move back a space, then move back into the engagement, but if you can toggle flying you can do so on your last movement space.
Ah, gotcha. Yep, seems legit to me.
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
So walk 5 spaces with Johnny, become adjacent with the opponent's figure, Flame On, check for leaving engagement damage on Johnny from any figures he ended his walk engaged with, roll the d20 for each figure adjacent to him to give them 2 wounds on roll of 4+, then fly him his last movement and then attack normally.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So walk 5 spaces with Johnny, become adjacent with the opponent's figure, Flame On, check for leaving engagement damage on Johnny from any figures he ended his walk engaged with, roll the d20 for each figure adjacent to him to give them 2 wounds on roll of 4+, then fly him his last movement and then attack normally.
Yes, that is possible. But we are talking about moving 6 spaces, and then doing all of that because even moving the full movement, the "move phase" isn't over until Johnny attacks, uses a power that occurs after moving, or ends his turn. So the switching between walking and flying can be done after the last move number and before ending the movement phase.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, that is possible. But we are talking about moving 6 spaces, and then doing all of that because even moving the full movement, the "move phase" isn't over until Johnny attacks, uses a power that occurs after moving, or ends his turn. So the switching between walking and flying can be done after the last move number and before ending the movement phase.
So move Johnny 6 spaces, then after you move his last space you say, "he's flying now" even without moving him again. Then you do the Flame On and attack stuff. Could he then have a move of 0 and you just say, "he's flying" and then use Flame on and attack? It would be the same thing as a move of 0 is still a move and if all you have to do is say he's flying, then he should be able to do that. Or walk one space while maintaining adjacency and then say he's flying and Flame On.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, Hahma's summing up my thinking (and confusion) on this pretty well ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library