Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old June 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Custom Master Set Project

I really don't think we should mess around with the number of figures per squad- after 13 waves if the designers thought five man squads were a good idea they would have included them by now. If we want to give this MS the feel of classic scape we shouldn't mess around with game mechanics much at all. My

As far as the squad goes they could certainly work as marro (if repainted of course), but they all look like the same sculpt to me. Aren't we trying to avoid that...?
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
I really don't think we should mess around with the number of figures per squad- after 13 waves if the designers thought five man squads were a good idea they would have included them by now. If we want to give this MS the feel of classic scape we shouldn't mess around with game mechanics much at all. My

As far as the squad goes they could certainly work as marro (if repainted of course), but they all look like the same sculpt to me. Aren't we trying to avoid that...?
I would like to avoid that, but if no other semi-appropriate figs can be found...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Utgars_General is surprisingly tart

They are all slightly different. I have bought a larger box containing 2 boxes worth of push-together models like those. The foot on the grount and the angle of the gun changes, but only by a slight margin. As a horde unit in it's parent game, individuality wasn't in the sculptor's mind, I guess.

If we were to include commons, players could also buy the Gaunts box from GW, but it is more expensive and harder to build, as lots of cutting/filing/gluing is needed. These guys come straight from the box with no more than 10 cuts per model and a little sanding to be done on the base.

Yeah, I do see your point with the squad of 5. But how do you make a hero stand out among the common grunts when they're sculpt is the same?

My Customs Last Updated: June 9th, 2011
-Now with space-and-time saving organization, and 'Nids!
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:13 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utgars_General View Post
They are all slightly different. I have bought a larger box containing 2 boxes worth of push-together models like those. The foot on the grount and the angle of the gun changes, but only by a slight margin. As a horde unit in it's parent game, individuality wasn't in the sculptor's mind, I guess.

If we were to include commons, players could also buy the Gaunts box from GW, but it is more expensive and harder to build, as lots of cutting/filing/gluing is needed. These guys come straight from the box with no more than 10 cuts per model and a little sanding to be done on the base.

Yeah, I do see your point with the squad of 5. But how do you make a hero stand out among the common grunts when they're sculpt is the same?
I see two options: Either don't use the fifth sculpt at all or give it a unique paint job. I could go either way. However, as posted in the idea dump, I strongly dislike the idea of making these guys valkrill marro (refer to the post for explanation). However I think they make pretty cool valkrill soulborgs- give four of them a rusty iron paint job and give the fifth "hero" a shiny silver/gold color. Thoughts?
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Can we get a post with all the pictures of the figures posted please? It is hard going through all the links. I'll try to get on here more and I'll try to get at least 5 figures in by tonight. Right now I am really lost at where we are.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Excellent job everyone. With these figures as ideas now we merely need to fill out "the final list". Not much of a daunting task really

Ok, naturally this will be put to the power of the vote.

Advisor for this poll: Utgar's General
Deadlines for votes: July 13th, 2011
All warmongers, surgeons, and valkyrie generals may vote
Warmongers/Surgeons get 6 choices
Advisors/Valyrie Generals get 12 choices

Please fill out the below list and include pics/links to pics of your choices and PM them to me(flameslayer93) or post them on this thread.
Spoiler Alert!

If we need to, there will be another poll to fill out the remaining gaps in our framework. Once all figures have been determined, we will determine their role.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Custom Master Set Project(poll: figs used)

Here is mine.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by iceman3317; July 5th, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM

Utgars_General is surprisingly tart

Spoiler Alert!

My Customs Last Updated: June 9th, 2011
-Now with space-and-time saving organization, and 'Nids!

Last edited by Utgars_General; July 8th, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

I don't really thin forgeworld figure should be used, if those are forgeworld
Old July 9th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
Then put up 6 selections as your vote

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:40 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
I'm just pointing out that due to the expense and difficulty to get of forgeworld peices it just wouldn't work for something like this.
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I could go

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
I'm just pointing out that due to the expense and difficulty to get of forgeworld peices it just wouldn't work for something like this.
Proxying is your friend

Right now, we are basically determining what we will show on the card. We will later also find a bunch of figs that people can use as proxies.

But seriously, put up your vote.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum