Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old October 5th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Custom Master Set Project--MS Layout Voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Truly, he has less. Valkrill has 5 heroes 3 squads to 6 heroes and 4 squads (good guys, though like MS 1 some can go either way).

So how will we work out what the actual units are? Do we just propose pre-made custom cards or do we brainstorm ideas then turn those into new cards?

(I still vote for some pirates... or merfolk)
We'll be making brand-new customs by brainstorming and designing them. Then play-testing. Then making the cards. Then rinse and repeat until all 18 cards are done.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Truly, he has less. Valkrill has 5 heroes 3 squads to 6 heroes and 4 squads (good guys, though like MS 1 some can go either way).

So how will we work out what the actual units are? Do we just propose pre-made custom cards or do we brainstorm ideas then turn those into new cards?

We'll be making brand-new customs by brainstorming and designing them. Then play-testing. Then making the cards. Then rinse and repeat until all 18 cards are done.
That being said, do you think this should be strictly classic, D&D or a mix of both?

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:

That being said, do you think this should be strictly classic, D&D or a mix of both?
Primarily Classic, however we can do *some* DnD. The Warforged Lord is an awesome sculpt as is the Psychic thing posted somewhere earlier in the thread.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:44 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry I've been so out of this guys, got two huge school projects piled on me over the weekend, and had to work on those a lot today and yesterday. I'm with the idea everyone else voted for. Also, I think we should use some already invented customs, just not very many. We should also check how expensive/hard to find a miniature is before we lock it in as part of our project, if we are attempting to make this available to the average 'Scaper.

Last edited by Shockma Ranyk; October 5th, 2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Two huge projects and I can't type for crap...
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Sorry I've been so out of this guys, got two huge school projects piled on me over the weekend, and had to work on those a lot today and yesterday. I'm with the idea everyone else voted for. Also, I think we should use some already invented customs, just not very many. We should also check how expensive/hard to find a miniature is before we lock it in as part of our project, if we are attempting to make this available to the average 'Scaper.
It's all right. This is slow-rolling, so I doubt we'll have to much trouble. Good luck on your projects

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:32 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

And Iceman, do you really think Valkrill should have more than half the units?
Valkrill is the only bad guy. Why not?
Personally, I think there should be two "bad" generals. Bad guys need more variety than just Utgar's "I swarm you with craptons of guys."

but that's just an opinion. The fact that we came up with a new bad General makes me very happy as is.
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

It is going to be hard not to use DnD with Valkrill. Sense we don't know any "classic" that will fit him at this moment.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Personally, I think there should be two "bad" generals. Bad guys need more variety than just Utgar's "I swarm you with craptons of guys."

but that's just an opinion. The fact that we came up with a new bad General makes me very happy as is.

You do know I am talking about the Master Set,right?

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I could go

Quote:
It is going to be hard not to use DnD with Valkrill. Sense we don't know any "classic" that will fit him at this moment.
That's why its a custom

We can do all kinds of classic, the Grim Reaper riding a dragon into battle was one of them. A crypt Keeper could also be done. Rusted over Soulborgs. I'm sure there's a lot more too

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My personal feelings are still that we dont know enough about valkrill to make units.
Sooo
Valkrill:
2 Heroes and 2 Squads

Aquilla:
2 Heroes and 2 Squad

Ullar:
2 Heroes and 1 Squad

Einar:
2 Hero and 1 Squad

Vydar:
4 Hero and 1 Squad

Record Count Since First Tourney
Wins 45 Losses 52
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
My personal feelings are still that we dont know enough about valkrill to make units.
The scope of this project means that it will take a while to go through the design process for the units. Leave the Valkrill units for last. By the time we get to them, we may well be seeing previews of the next wave.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You do know I am talking about the Master Set,right?
Yes, i do.

On another note!

This is the first little bit that I've done on the new card format. Please give input. Like? Don't like? Don't care?
Also give suggestions if you like.

I used the Utgar themed cared because he is not in this custom MS so he is kind of a control card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum