Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Playable (I hope) Infinity Gauntlet Thanos

"YES! I can do it! If I simply cut myself off from all sensory input of Time, Space, Reality, Mind, and the Soul! I would retain nearly limitless power but not know my enemy's next move! That would allow them a .05% chance for victory!"

"Not the greatest odds in the universe...but perhaps good enough to impress Mistress Death..."

--Thanos of Titan and Mephisto, Infinty Gauntlet, issue 4

I know there was a suggestion made a while ago in one of the original threads to give Thanos the Infinity Gauntlet as a custom, but it just made him way too strong. Then the gems were made into glyphs, if I'm not mistaken, which is also a pretty pimp idea. But here's my idea on a custom Thanos, with the Infinity Gauntlet, circa issue #4 of the series. I'm afraid I really need help on the point cost and card (duh, me no know how to work fancy comp-u-ter) and if y'all think it is even worth it.

Quote:
Thanos
Eternal
Unique Hero
Conquerer
Nihilist
Size 5 M

Life 6
Movement 6
Range 6
Attack 6
Defense 7

Mind Gem: After moving and before attacking if Thanos is adjacent to a unique figure roll a d20. On a roll of 20 or higher take control of that unit's card. Remove all order markers from that card and place it with your army. Thanos cannot be lost or controlled by any mind-related power.

Power Gem: If adjacent to an enemy double Thanos's base attack dice.

Soul Gem: If Thanos destroys a hero in combat remove two wound markers. If he destroys a squad unit remove one wound marker.

Time Gem: Add 10 to any initiative roll when your amry contains Thanos.

Reality Gem: Whenever an opponent rolls a d20-based special ability or special attack you may use the Reality Gem to force them to re-roll one time. The new roll must be used.

Space Gem: Instead of moving, you may choose to place Thanos on any empty space on the board within clear sight of Thanos. If he is adjacent to any enemies when he moves using this power he will still take leaving engagement attacks. Thanos cannot use the Power Gem in the same turn that he used the Space Gem.

Flying: Standard
Super Strength: Standard
So, whadya think? Playable? Crap? As I re-read it I realized that the Gauntlet could be something that just overrides a hero's current powers (notice that there is no Rejected by Death on this Thanos) but I really like the idea of it being just his, for just that single moment in comic book history time. Any suggestions on points, playability, ect.?

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old November 18th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suggested Wording
Mind Gem: After moving and before attacking, you may choose an enemy unique hero adjacent to Thanos. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 20 or higher, take control of the chosen hero's card. Remove all order markers from that card and place it with your army. Opponents may never take control of Thanos.

Power Gem: When attacking an adjacent figure, Thanos rolls an additional 6 attack dice.

Soul Gem: If Thanos destroys a hero, remove two wound markers from this card. If Thanos destroys a squad figure, remove one wound marker from this card.

Time Gem: Add 10 to your initiative roll.

Reality Gem: After an opponent rolls the 20-sided die, you may cause that opponent to re-roll. The new result would be used. The Reality Gem may only be used once per 20-sided die roll.

Space Gem: Instead of moving normally, Thanos may use the Power Gem to Space Warp. To Space Warp, choose any empty space within clear sight of Thanos and place Thanos in the chosen space. If Thanos is adjacent to any enemy figures when he begins to Space Warp, he will take any leaving engagement attacks. Thanos cannot use the Power Gem in the same turn that he used the Space Gem.
This is off the top of my head at midnight, so it could possibly be better.

Having played Thanos with my custom Gems and seeing 4 1000 point teams taken down by him single handedly, I'd say your version is much more tame. I would start the testing at 500 points and go from there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations