Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 20th, 2007, 05:27 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Custom Project.....Antique Colossus

My group has largely abandoned custom work....there are so many official units we just ahven't felt the need. That may change now that Marvel's out as we begin working on various comic heroes.

We have a new guy in the group however that is really keen on making some giant Einar Soulborgs after we all threw out some ideas one game night. All of us have added our two cents to the mix, and the result is this....a series of five Colossus, dug up from the Alpha Prime depths to fight again.

Input on point cost is highly desired, as is any other little tweaks or adjustments regarding power wording. The overall goal of the project was to make five very powerful lumbering machines that increase in power steadily from the weaker Iron model to the powerful Platinum model. We also wanted to create some figures that would enter the 200-300 range and pummel some Marvels man to man.

Also, any suggestions for figures to use would be awesome.

Here we go....

1. THE IRON COLOSSUS
Einar
Unique Hero (double-hex base)
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 10

Life 3
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Strong Defense (When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from small or medium figures, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.)

Rust (If the Iron Colossus begins it's turn on a water space, roll the 20-sided die. 1-2 the Iron Colossus may not move or attack. 3-5 the Iron Colossus may not move. 6-20 the Iron Colossus may take a turn as normal.)

Iron Stomp (After moving and before attacking, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Iron Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero.)

2. THE BRONZE COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 12

Life 4
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 5

Strong Defense (When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from small or medium figures, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.)

Bronze Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 2. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Bronze Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to the chosen figure is then affected by the Bronze Stomp Special Attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)

3. THE SILVER COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 14

Life 5
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 6

Silver Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 3. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Silver Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to the chosen figure is then affected by the Silver Stomp Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)

4. THE GOLD COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 16

Life 6
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 8
Defense 7

Gold Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 4. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Gold Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to the chosen figure is then affected by the Gold Stomp Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)

5. THE PLATINUM COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 16

Life 7
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 9
Defense 8

Reinforced Defense (When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from small or medium figures, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from large or huge figures, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.)

Platinum Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 5. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Platinum Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-13, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to either the Platinum Colossus or the chosen figure is then affected by the Platinum Stomp Special Attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:41 PM

Nos13 has disabled reputation
I have hardly begun the custom-making world, so my opinion may not be regarded as high-quality stuff, but here's some things I'm noticing...

The point costs are definitely going to be high, especially because even the Iron Colossus matches Charos in terms of ATK and DEF, and Charos is priced at 210, I think.

Then the point costs get even greater, as we add on more defensive special abilities, and most of these guys have a 1-hit KO attack, as well as an attack of 5-9 dice.

The defense-life combination on these guys is WAAAYYY too powerful. To look at your extremes, the last guy has 9 life, 9 defense, AND Reinforced Defense. If that doesn't make you say UBER-INVINCIBLE, then I don't know what does. He also has the 1-hit KO attack, with the ability to wipe out up to four or five other guys along with it, as well as 9 attack dice on your regular attack. I am incredibly horrible at pricing stuff, but I'm thinking this guy would, IMO, be beyond your 200-300 range you were looking for...

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:50 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos13
I have hardly begun the custom-making world, so my opinion may not be regarded as high-quality stuff, but here's some things I'm noticing...

The point costs are definitely going to be high, especially because even the Iron Colossus matches Charos in terms of ATK and DEF, and Charos is priced at 210, I think.

Then the point costs get even greater, as we add on more defensive special abilities, and most of these guys have a 1-hit KO attack, as well as an attack of 5-9 dice.

The defense-life combination on these guys is WAAAYYY too powerful. To look at your extremes, the last guy has 9 life, 9 defense, AND Reinforced Defense. If that doesn't make you say UBER-INVINCIBLE, then I don't know what does. He also has the 1-hit KO attack, with the ability to wipe out up to four or five other guys along with it, as well as 9 attack dice on your regular attack. I am incredibly horrible at pricing stuff, but I'm thinking this guy would, IMO, be beyond your 200-300 range you were looking for...
I've got some tweaking to do, but I don't mind if they get over 300 points really.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:31 AM

Nerd_Tendo has disabled reputation
I dont wanna say you copyed the idea, but it does remind me of the very first card on this post.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=907

If there is one just die, there is always a chance.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
These guys are ok in some regards. the abikity ti just out right killa hero is a big power factor. Their obvious down fall would have to be any one with a move of 5 or more and a range of 6 or more as they could always get away and stil be able to fire. It could get very annoying as it is very hard to bring down someone with that high of defense.

I personally am not a big fan of the overly huge figures 12+ but to each their own. The Iron does not seem too bad I would place it around 180 points because the chance of him bringing down someone like charos is unlikley. I would however change the stomp to a more realistic of 17+ to kill a hero and the 180 would work. maybe even put a size restriction in about the stomp and say 2 sizes smaller.

for the Bronze I would again change the stomp to a 16 or 17 + and i would give him a point of between 250- 300

The silver gold and platnium are where it gets a little out of hand. when you are combining that much fire power(i.e. attack) with that much defense it really becomes an unbeatable opponent. yes it will be able to be brought down eventually given time but it would always get its points.

When I play against the death walker I know I am waiting for a lucky shot to bring it down and it has only 1 life. 9 dice, 2 automatic shields and 8 life I could make a 1000 point army designed to bring this guy down and would have trouble doing so. especially if you manage to get the high ground on me.

Just my opinions but take the feedback ans consider. Hope this helps.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
has been BANNED

I made some tweaks....I updated the first post as well. I went through and lowered everybody's life and defense, then made the stomp attacks slightly weaker. Finally, I lowered the movement of the Bronze Colossus by one. Let me know what you think.

1. THE IRON COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 10

Life 3
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Rust (If the Iron Colossus begins it's turn on a water space, roll the 20-sided die. 1-2 the Iron Colossus may not move or attack. 3-5 the Iron Colossus may not move. 6-20 the Iron Colossus may take a turn as normal.)

Iron Stomp (After moving and before attacking, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Iron Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero.)

2. THE BRONZE COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 12

Life 4
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 5

Bronze Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 2. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Bronze Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to the chosen figure is then affected by the Bronze Stomp Special Attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)

3. THE SILVER COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 14

Life 5
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 6

Silver Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 3. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Silver Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to the chosen figure is then affected by the Silver Stomp Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)

4. THE GOLD COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 16

Life 6
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 8
Defense 7

Gold Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 4. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Gold Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to the chosen figure is then affected by the Gold Stomp Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)

5. THE PLATINUM COLOSSUS
Einar
Disciplined
Soulborg
Colossus
HUGE 16

Life 7
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 9
Defense 8

Reinforced Defense (When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from small or medium figures, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from large or huge figures, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.)

Platinum Stomp Special Attack (Range 1. Attack 5. After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to the Platinum Colossus. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-13, the chosen figure defends normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, destroy the chosen hero. Any figure adjacent to either the Platinum Colossus or the chosen figure is then affected by the Platinum Stomp Special Attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards