Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 8th, 2021, 01:51 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Glad to hear that it sounds like SoV is at least open to considering the possibility of RotV repaints. I'll continue with my testing then, and hopefully have at least one of the Samurai heroes ready for the preSoV thread before too long.
Old February 8th, 2021, 02:15 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Asking a question in my own thread: have we used any LOTR minis from their Combat Hex Game? I *think* the answer is no, but somebody asked me and I want to make sure I give the correct answer.
Not to the best of my knowledge. I can't think of any VC designs that use LotR minis. There might be some good proxies for VC or official designs from the game if nothing else; I'm not familiar enough with their catalogue to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I do want to clarify that Sam Brown doesn’t need to be repainted even if you play him with 4th Mass. I (and others) just put a pair of the D&D stickers on his base to differentiate him. I’ll probably repaint him eventually, but that’s how I’ve done it for the last decade. I wouldn’t let a potentially complex paint job stop people from using the most readily available figures as customs.
Yeah, it's also possible to put a sticker on the base, of course, and I'm glad that GenCon allows that. In my own games or events, I often just proxied all of the figures anyway, since owning everything got too expensive for me long ago.

From a VC perspective, I think that it's important that any paint job is relatively simple. We don't allow unpainted figures for a reason, and I would be extremely hesitant to encourage ~30+ designs (assuming all RotV figures eventually get heroes or squads) that assume the player will either repaint them, proxy them, or need to do something else less in line with the goals of the project. I'm not outright opposed, but I am hesitant and somewhat cautious that it's a line that we're willing to cross, especially in cases where cheaper prepainted alternatives are still available (or where a repaint is less aesthetically appealing).
Old February 17th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Asking a question in my own thread: have we used any LOTR minis from their Combat Hex Game? I *think* the answer is no, but somebody asked me and I want to make sure I give the correct answer.

I am pretty sure that I once saw a discussion on SoV about the use of those minis (and other famous universes minis) and someone brought up that LotR minis remembered way too much the original universe and thus too much people was not okay with them (which was not the case with some of the star wars minis apparently).

Considering this, I am pretty sure there is no LotR minis in C3V nor SoV.

EDIT : found the conversation, it's from 2015..! Starts here

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 17th, 2021, 03:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, @DanieLoche !

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 23rd, 2021, 03:22 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

How would VC feel about a unit using a starting zone mechanic similar to the Glyph of Sturla?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroScape Glyphs -- Definitive List View Post
• Glyph of Sturla (Revive)
One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure destroyed in this battle (yours, your teammates’ and you opponents’). If you roll 19 or 20, place the figure in any starting zone of your choice. If you roll 1 through 18, the figure remains destroyed.
This mechanic hasn't been used on a figure before, and I know that it has seen resistance when attempted in the past. My understanding is that a big portion of the criticism is how this mechanic would interact with formats that have no starting zones (such as Heat of Battle); technically, Sturla has this same problem, but few people enjoy playing with Sturla anyway.

In any case, it seems reasonable that a format with no starting zones could rule placement mechanics (such as being placed anywhere in Heat of Battle, not being able to be placed with that power, etc.). Many scenarios specifically called out "figures with The Drop ability," for example, so powers circumventing conventional mechanics like this that don't always work in scenarios are decently precedented.

Personally, I don't like the mechanic too much myself (I think that having to remember all of the starting zones can quickly get messy and is less elegant), but with the proper implementation, I could live with it. I'm curious as to how other members of VC feel and, if they're outright against exploring that design space, why.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 03:33 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Formats without starting zones simply do not include Sturla. That's part of setting up the battle. Putting something like that on a figure is another matter entirely.
Old March 24th, 2021, 05:06 PM

I'm not sure that I agree. There are several HS figures that just outright don't work or need to be banned for certain formats--certain types of drafting for your opponent, for example, practically have to ban the Retchets of Bogdan, Marro Hive with no Marro, and Hatamoto Taro. The Airborne Elite already lose their Drop power when played in certain scenarios, and we already have formats that exclude entire types of figures to change up the metagame.

Either banning a figure using a starting zone mechanic from Heat of Battle or ruling how it works seems reasonable enough to me (and either would apply just as well to glyphs like Sturla). It's super weird from the perspective of competitive play, I think, but HeroScape was never primarily designed around just one format anyway.

The bigger pitfall in my eyes is that starting zones are generally one-and-done. If you look up where you can put your figures at the start of the game, then you can safely forget that information (many maps use colored starting zones to make this intuitive, but I've seen many more where the starting zones follow some specific rules or include extra separated spaces). There's also the problem that depending on those kinds of rulings, the power level of any figure using such a mechanic could vary wildly with the format, but that's also normal for some of the classic figures, so it's less important than the first issue in my opinion.
Old April 10th, 2021, 03:07 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was looking at the mini release thread, and was wondering when this figure might be released. The mini alert went out in 2018.

And is there a good reference for rebasing?
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:39 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I don't think anyone has an official guide to rebasing, but a heat gun/boiling helps.
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I was looking at the mini release thread, and was wondering when this figure might be released. The mini alert went out in 2018.

And is there a good reference for rebasing?
As for your other question, "We're working on it."

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 19th, 2021, 12:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is there a VC spreadsheet?
I am looking for all the Soldiers in VC.
Old August 19th, 2021, 12:40 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is there a VC spreadsheet?
I am looking for all the Soldiers in VC.
Not sure about a spreadsheet, but HACCS makes quick work of things like this.

This should be what you're after:
8th Infantry Pathfinder
20th Maine Volunteers
Capt. John Varan
Cathar Spearmen
Jarek Guy
Kursus
Morgan's Riflemen
Red Ants
Rendar Fy

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs