Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2021, 01:54 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Guess we will just have to see when we get more votes in. Cant change it till after we get a pass or fail lol
Old February 2nd, 2021, 02:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I actually ran a

Wulf x5
Raelin
Arktos
MW
Marcu build

and SR played Knights (this is what I thought was the strongest build and when I playtest I playtest to break units and this felt like one of the easiest ways to do it). It was somewhat close by the end but a lot of that closeness was mostly due to MWs with Arktos being able to do a lot and the Wulfs themselves were just okay.
Forgot to respond before, but I really don't think Raelin is worth it with them. She doesn't help your terrible auto-kill matchups (Braxas, BWs, Grim, Torky, Hounds, Fire Storm, etc). I'd much rather put the 80 into something else.
Rats aren't much help either there since most of those units kinda don't care if you're running rats so I'm not sure they're the best take there if you're looking to matchup smooth. Rats are also really going to get in the way of that whole no hit zone while next to any figure. I'm just not sure what you'd take to smooth out those matchups that is actually a good fit for the army.

~Dysole, who noted that we were originally going to have orcs be the opposition but I did note that Chompy was a bad matchup for them
Old February 2nd, 2021, 02:28 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Well

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
I actually ran a

Wulf x5
Raelin
Arktos
MW
Marcu build

and SR played Knights (this is what I thought was the strongest build and when I playtest I playtest to break units and this felt like one of the easiest ways to do it). It was somewhat close by the end but a lot of that closeness was mostly due to MWs with Arktos being able to do a lot and the Wulfs themselves were just okay.
Forgot to respond before, but I really don't think Raelin is worth it with them. She doesn't help your terrible auto-kill matchups (Braxas, BWs, Grim, Torky, Hounds, Fire Storm, etc). I'd much rather put the 80 into something else.
Rats aren't much help either there since most of those units kinda don't care if you're running rats so I'm not sure they're the best take there if you're looking to matchup smooth. Rats are also really going to get in the way of that whole no hit zone while next to any figure. I'm just not sure what you'd take to smooth out those matchups that is actually a good fit for the army.

~Dysole, who noted that we were originally going to have orcs be the opposition but I did note that Chompy was a bad matchup for them
This is getting pretty off-topic, but Rats absolutely do help in the bonding melee matchups (that matter, rip Heavies). I included Quickspears/Arktos, which can handle the top auto-wounds (not Hounds or Firestorm, but those aren’t great). I don’t think Raelin is even really worth it in general, not even just into those bad matchups.

Edit: Also, to be clear, I said my army was a rough first draft lol. I never said it was the best. How good it is isn’t really relevant to the discussion as to whether Raelin is worth it.
Old February 2nd, 2021, 02:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
6 of One

I was saying rats don't help for those matchups. Arktos/Greyspears I will buy as being better for those matchups and with some rats that does make sense.

I think Raelin/Rats is a wash in melee bonding matchups since the Wulf are melee. I think rats are real tricky to use effectively with their hit zone vanish power when fighting range or range+screen whereas Raelin helps a lot more with range+screen which might actually be one of their hardest matchups apart from auto wounders.

Raelin/Rats x2 is kind of the obvious go-to for 80 points to help with a build.

Unless you're thinking something like

Arktos
Greyspears
Wulf x5
MW

or

Arktos
Greyspears
Wulf x4
Krav

at 510. I'll buy those builds as really solid and there's a decent argument that Greyspears are a better choice than Raelin or Rats. The problem you run into is if you're trying to cram Wulf with Rats/Raelin and Greyspear/Arktos/MW you really don't have much space left for the Wulf themselves and as I mentioned earlier even without an autowounder they die pretty fast.

~Dysole, enjoying our theoryscaping
Old February 2nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 6 of One

Quote:
I was saying rats don't help for those matchups. Arktos/Greyspears I will buy as being better for those matchups and with some rats that does make sense.

I think Raelin/Rats is a wash in melee bonding matchups since the Wulf are melee. I think rats are real tricky to use effectively with their hit zone vanish power when fighting range or range+screen whereas Raelin helps a lot more with range+screen which might actually be one of their hardest matchups apart from auto wounders.

Raelin/Rats x2 is kind of the obvious go-to for 80 points to help with a build.

Unless you're thinking something like

Arktos
Greyspears
Wulf x5
MW

or

Arktos
Greyspears
Wulf x4
Krav

at 510. I'll buy those builds as really solid and there's a decent argument that Greyspears are a better choice than Raelin or Rats. The problem you run into is if you're trying to cram Wulf with Rats/Raelin and Greyspear/Arktos/MW you really don't have much space left for the Wulf themselves and as I mentioned earlier even without an autowounder they die pretty fast.

~Dysole, enjoying our theoryscaping
Yeah, I was thinking more Rats to protect the Varks from melee. But they may just not be worth it here. I guess I just fail to see why you wouldn’t bring Grey Spears alongside Arktos. They’re so freaking good (and underexplored).

Edit: also, why doesn’t VC have its own forum by now...?

Last edited by OEAO; February 2nd, 2021 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Obviously, “you” in the general sense, not you specifically
Old February 2nd, 2021, 07:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Interesting 2-man squad. Definitely things that I would do differently if it was my design (planet, species, maybe general) but I think this is a fine interpretation overall.

I vote to review.
Old February 3rd, 2021, 08:50 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

If you have to rely on nearly broken units like Raelin and Rats for a build that's suboptimal. Can't hurt to review though.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 22nd, 2021, 02:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

M.A.R.S. by Astroking112 has passed United Fanscape Review and moves forward in the process.

The miniatures used for Dalmar Stonewall and the Great Axes of Ironstone have gone out of print. After a fair amount of internal discussions, Leaf_It has chosen to withdraw the designs. They have been removed from the process.
Old February 24th, 2021, 12:01 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice to see MARS moving along, that mini is based at home and eagerly awaits verification as an official unit

Sad to hear about the dwarves, hope something else comes up for them in the future.
Old February 24th, 2021, 02:34 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I've been in contact with the company that produces the dwarves. The company they were partnered with for painting their figures closed, and they could no longer produce the set in a painted form. They have said that they are looking for a new company to partner with for painting, and will notify me if anything changes.
Old February 28th, 2021, 11:22 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Scytale's negative vote in the OP on Agrith-Naar needs to be linked to post #7008. The current link goes nowhere specific.
Old March 1st, 2021, 03:06 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Swaysil by Marklar the Silver Prince

Retracted

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; March 2nd, 2021 at 05:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs