Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 1st, 2020, 07:23 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

Ah, thank you! I gave a lot of opinions there, but I always assume I'm missing something.

For example, I thought if it were 400pt armies, and one army was just Silver Surfer, he gets 3 turns, but if he dies, that's it. Or if it's Batman (II)+Alfred+Gordon, and Batman dies, Thanos doesn't have much to worry about.

But Squadscape is certainly a thing.

Is there a standard calculation of how that asymmetrical player ratio is defined?
Old December 1st, 2020, 07:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Official scape gives examples of a 2 vs. 1 game where each of the 2 get 1/3 the points of the 1. So 900 points vs. 300 + 300. You could extend that in a 3 vs. 1 game where each of the 3 get 1/4 the points of the 1. (Example 1000 points vs. 250 + 250 + 250)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 1st, 2020, 07:33 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Re-looking at those numbers, I think you might have to go even lower than 1/4. Maybe even 1/6. 1200 vs. 200 + 200 + 200

Quote:
Old December 1st, 2020, 07:54 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really missed something. Genuinely curious, because I'm not finding an official ruling.
I have found a few house rule discussions.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=14913
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=14179
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=24451

I thought the intent of Beyonder was for Secret War 2500pt vs 1250pt&1250pt matches.
Old December 1st, 2020, 07:57 PM

It's in one of the official scenarios.

Quote:
Old December 1st, 2020, 09:25 PM
Casing the Corners

I dug around, and I may have scrolled too fast, but here are the 5 examples I found of what you describe:
Spoiler Alert!

They all have some variation of requiring a certain unit be drafted, give specific start zones, glyphs, special rules, special victory conditions, and all designated to each specific map.
They are as you say, scenarios.
Not one is a straight skirmish match, which is what I assume @Ericth74 is going to play.

It's absolutely true that even in skirmish matches, certain units/teams/matchups fair better on certain maps, along with optional C3G rules, like Knockback, Throwing, Destructible trees, ruin defense bonus, etc.

Spoiler Alert!
This links to a defense as to why MCU Captain Marvel didn't help against Thanos earlier.
The answer is that Thanos wasn't a Universe-Level Threat until he gathered so many Gems.
This is in line for this C3G version of Thanos, as each stone he acquires adds to his point value.

Every non-Thanos player at the start of the game puts another Gem on the map.
3v1 is 3 on the map, one in Thanos' hand.
3v2 is 4 on the map, one chosen by his friendly army, one in his hand.
There are more Gems for Thanos to collect earlier in the game in this matchup.
The fewer Gems Thanos has, the more defensively he should play.

In a 2 player matchup, the opponent will either place the Time or Space Gem on the map, forcing the choice for the Thanos player to go with the second best.
Or that opponent could place the least helpful Gem on the board, giving Thanos his first choice, but keeping the next most helpful Gems off the board as long as possible.

I have no idea what Gems these players would pick, what armies anyone will draft, what map they will play on, what optional rules they will use, etc.
I have no idea if 1200+600vs600x3 or 1200vs400x3 is fair.
Sounds like it could pose problems.

I just haven't yet found an official ruling for asymmetric, equal point total skirmish matches.
Old December 1st, 2020, 09:45 PM

It's none of those scenarios.

Quote:
Old December 1st, 2020, 09:46 PM
Casing the Corners

Can someone find this precedent?
Old December 1st, 2020, 10:44 PM

Looks like I may have got those numbers from the Bloodred River scenario.

Quote:
Old December 1st, 2020, 10:55 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Can someone find this precedent?
Honestly for us it's just based on experience of playing some 2 v 1 or 3 v 2 games. In this scenario if the 3 teams are smart they will focus on the smaller Thanos army 1st, once eliminated its 9 turns vs 4 every round, which will lead to a slaughter. Even against a 1200 pt figure.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 12:10 AM
Casing the Corners

High regards to experience. That's not only how C3G point totals are determined, that's how official Hasbro rules/points were determined.
I respect that.
I try to factor every official-optional C3G rule every match, when applicable.
Like I said, I try to adhere to rules to a T, so I always refer to precedents.

Here's the scenarios for the Blood River map:
http://heroscape.glasq.com/battlefie...f0026.html#s01

Those feature specifically determined special rules for that map, so to me it's a scenario.

I've not seen any official ruling for a standard calculation of how an asymmetrical multiplayer skirmish point ratio is determined.

If it doesn't exist, it'd be worthwhile to discover what that is.

I honestly thought Beyonder was meant to compete against two friendly 1250pt armies.

I used to almost exclusively play against myself on various maps using:
Thanos vs Cap/IM/Spidey/Hulk or
Thanos vs Red Skull/Doom/Abom/Venom

He one-shotted Doom (375), Red Skull (250), Iron Man (Avengers) (270), and Spidey (250) so many times, I've little doubt Thanos would be eliminating major units/OMs in a 400-600pt army early on.

My earliest posts on this on this board were asking about this card and the Gems, and he's easily my most played unit.

Use Knockback and Throwing. Use the Space Gem to place non-fliers or those without super strength in spots that render them useless; places they can't climb out of or fall from safely or quickly.
Thanos allows one to play as a huge jerk.

I'm not saying it's wrong to ask for a lower point total from the opponent.
Personally, without precedent, but with Thanos experience, I would ask for overall equal point totals between teams.

But I'm often wrong!
Old December 2nd, 2020, 08:51 PM
Casing the Corners

@Ericth74 Consider putting Adam Warlock in your second army?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library