Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2020, 09:48 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tickle's Public Design Workshop

Ah, I see where I goofed on not listing the Web-Swing specifications.

And I agree, Daring Decoy's a more clear version of what I had listed.

I admit, I did add complexity with a bunch jammed into a few powers, but I also admit, I'm a fan of those sorts of things. For example, I love how Doom's Pit Trap also adds in the element of his electrified armor, and how his Power Drain steals powers from the unique, and steals life/destroys the common.

Since Amalgam is a combination of Marvel/DC, I'm trying to think about how to play like a bit of Spidey, a bit of Superboy, on top of how he behaves in his few comic appearances. And obviously, you all wish the same.
The way the two are combined in the comics, I'm suddenly fascinated with how the writers created ideas that are brand new.

For example, Spider-Man is very zippy and tricky. Spider-Boy is as well, but not because he's got Spider-Sense, but because everything he touches turns to gold. So I gave him a less powerful Spidey-Sense. And what makes Spider-Man so zippy is the dual use of Web-Swing w/ S-Sense.
However, Spider-Boy may not always have a Web-Swing to rely on. But he may always leap/crawl tall buildings in a single bound. So I tried to make Personal Gravity Manipulation very different from Web-Swing, and one he probably uses mostly with Good Fortune.

And because he tends to rely on the Web Shooter to quickly move about Manhattan, I felt he needed Web-Swing, while also showing how less useful he is without it, which the enemy can take advantage of.

I like the theme of Celebrity Status, so I felt he needed a form of that, but where the people he cares about are targets to opponents, so he avoids being around them unless he has to rescue them, as he does in the comics.

I also added the +initiative and x-reveal part to play up his intentness on being first on the scene, before the other Amalgam heroes, which also gives him some synergy with them. And also encouraging him to be drafted with the Common figures he plays off of.

Not saying I gave a perfect idea, clearly not the case, but trying to clarify my reasoning.
I made an example of how the powers work in action.

Last edited by toyhandle; August 23rd, 2020 at 11:37 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:16 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

An interesting tangentially related note, I'm reading Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life by Philip José Farmer. It's a fictionalized biography of Doc Savage, who for those unfamiliar, is considered by many to be the world's first superhero.

I'm realizing Spider-Boy is very much a variation of the Doc Savage archetype.

Doc Savage was born and bred to be the superhero he became. From 14 months old, to age 20, while shielded from the rest of the world, he was privately educated by a revolving team of scientists, experts, top minds, etc. under the direction of his absent father.

Very similar to Spider-Boy, who after being "born" in a lab experiment...

And after "Uncle Gen" was killed, the task was picked up by the Amalgam Universe's heroic Doc Ock:

Similar to Spider-Boy having no time for chit chat, I found this passage on Page 34-5 of Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life:

"Doc complains in the later supersagas of being lonely, of having missed a normal boyhood. When he became old enough, he had several boys as companions. But the "play" was restricted to one hour a day. During this time, he was pitting his strength and hand-to-hand skills simultaneously against two or three boys his own size in a roughhouse. It was all competitive, and there was no time for palling around with them, joking, bragging, telling stories and daydreams, or going fishing or to the movies.

It's lonely being a superman; it's far more lonely to be a superboy."
Old August 24th, 2020, 01:12 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:

NAME = Spider-Boy
SECRET IDENTITY = Peter Ross

SPECIES = Clone
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Reporter? Celebrity?
PERSONALITY = Sleazy? Cocky?

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

WEB-PISTOL
Start the game with the Glyph of Web-Pistol on this card. While Glyph of Web-Pistol is equipped, after using Personal Gravity Manipulation to place Spider-Boy during a turn, you may immediately use it again.

DARING DECOY
Figures engaged with Spider-Boy can only attack figures that have the Daring Decoy special power.

PERSONAL GRAVITY MANIPULATION
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Spider-Boy, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Spider-Boy's height when moving up levels of terrain. Once per turn, before, during or after moving normally or after rolling defense dice, you may place Spider-Boy on any empty space within 2 spaces of his current location that is no more than 20 levels up or down. Spider-Boy will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:
NAME = Web-Pistol
SUBTITLE = Impact Webbing

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this glyph comes into play, place 6 white Webbing Markers on this card. Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound and you may place a Web Marker on its card. Before taking a turn with an Unique or Event Hero with a Webbing Marker placed on its card by this glyph, that player must roll the 20-sided die. If that player rolls 1-12, that figure may not move. If that player rolls 13 or higher, remove all Webbing Markers placed on its card by this glyph from the game.
Here's where I am at. Raised his defense a bit and let him use his Personal Gravity before, during or after moving normally AND after rolling defense dice so he has a bit more of the Spider-Man evasive feel even without the Spider-Sense power. Give him he Glyph and Daring Decoy and call it a day. It's a more elegant design that captures the feel of the character in a very evocative sense for me.

Hope you like this @toyhandle I appreciate all the research you put into your feedback for me here, I think it helped me hone this design down into a better place.

Last edited by tcglkn; August 26th, 2020 at 02:27 AM.
Old August 24th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What if he could move farther with Gravity Manipulation if he has the Glyph equipped? Seems like a neat little way to pull in that web swing theme.

If he’s going to have Daring Decoy, I think the lower defense makes sense. Being too hard to kill might make him obnoxious.
Old August 24th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

He is a mix of Superboy and Spider-Man so I don’t want him to fall like a chump though. Probably should raise his life a little and lower the defense.
Old August 26th, 2020, 02:06 AM
Casing the Corners

I appreciate it @tcglkn ! I think that is a smart design. I love how many solutions/ideas this team comes up with, and I've never seen a C3G card I didn't like!

I also think that's a really good idea @MrNobody !
Old August 26th, 2020, 02:26 AM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:

NAME = Spider-Boy
SECRET IDENTITY = Peter Ross

SPECIES = Clone
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Celebrity
PERSONALITY = Charming

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

WEB-PISTOL
Start the game with the Glyph of Web-Pistol on this card. While Glyph of Web-Pistol is equipped, after using Personal Gravity Manipulation to place Spider-Boy during a turn, you may immediately use it again.

DARING DECOY
Figures engaged with Spider-Boy can only attack figures that have the Daring Decoy special power.

PERSONAL GRAVITY MANIPULATION
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Spider-Boy, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Spider-Boy's height when moving up levels of terrain. Once per turn, before, during or after moving normally or after rolling defense dice, you may place Spider-Boy on any empty space within 2 spaces of his current location that is no more than 20 levels up or down. Spider-Boy will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:
NAME = Web-Pistol
SUBTITLE = Impact Webbing

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this glyph comes into play, place 6 white Webbing Markers on this card. Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound and you may place a Web Marker on its card. Before taking a turn with an Unique or Event Hero with a Webbing Marker placed on its card by this glyph, that player must roll the 20-sided die. If that player rolls 1-12, that figure may not move. If that player rolls 13 or higher, remove all Webbing Markers placed on its card by this glyph from the game.
I think this works, wording is still a bit rough.
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:35 AM
Casing the Corners

If you add that portion to the Web-Pistol Power, doesn't that mean that no other figure would ever have that exact power on their card unless they also have the Personal Gravity Manipulation special power?
Since Personal Gravity Manipulation is a very specific power that only Spider-Boy is ever likely to have, which if there was ever another, he'd also likely have access to a Web-Pistol, wouldn't it make more sense to put it under the Personal Gravity Manipulation special power instead?
Old August 26th, 2020, 07:05 AM
Casing the Corners

Sorry, I should have looked first, but, to answer my own question, a figure may have the name of the glyph on that figure's card, as well as other effects. Ex
ANNIHILUS
COSMIC CONTROL ROD
Start the game with the Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod on this card. If the Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod is not on this card at the end of a round, place one Wound Marker on this card. If the Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod is on this card at the end of the round, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card. Annihilus can only lose the Glyph of Cosmic Control Rod if he receives two or more wounds from a single attack or special power, or is destroyed.
Old August 26th, 2020, 10:00 AM
Tickle Pickle

I can't imagine another design starting with just the Web-Pistol, it's a pretty specific Spider-Boy piece of tech.
Old September 5th, 2020, 04:41 AM
Casing the Corners

I'm returning to this subject not to beat a dead horse, but because I think it's interesting, I'm better able to form my thoughts, and the horse still has a heartbeat.

The premise of my argument is centered around this:
We are we calling it a web-pistol, when the source material refers to it as a web-shooter. And I think I know why.
Traditionally, web-shooters are fixed about the wrist, thus, more secured to Spidey, and there are two of them.
I think we are focused on the shape/design of the web-shooter in the Amalgam universe being that of a pistol, however, within the source material, it functions exactly the same as its 616 counterpart.
Because it's not secured to Spider-Boy's person, he's at a greater risk of dropping/losing/having it stolen and used by someone else, for good or bad.
But that's not a problem unique to Spider-Boy, it can happen to Spider-Man too, as seen in his first own MCU film.

The function of the C3G Bat-Shuriken is of basic Batarangs. From the many Batarang styles out there, the image used for the glyph itself looks like a Nolan-verse style. Doesn't make the glyph out of place when equipped to the C3G '66 Batman figure, or on any comic based Batman. Because it functions as it should, it doesn't matter that the image on the glyph doesn't match that version of the character.

Which brings me back to the web-shooter. I think the glyph of the web-shooter is part of a larger project.

With Batman (I), we have Batman-core. With Batman (II) we have the Batman who is always prepared.
As perfect as C3G Spider-Man (I) is, I think a must for the project is to have a Spider-Man that captures him as the brilliant young inventor/scientist student. The Future Foundation version is a wisened teacher.

For this theoretical Spider-Man (II/III), I imagine him being similar to Batman (II), in that he might have something like:
SPIDER-UTILITY 4
At the start of the game, before Order Markers are placed, you may place up to four Spider-Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, with up to two of the same Spider-Utility Equipment Glyphs. Spider-Man can equip a Spider-Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Spider-Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 4. Spider-Man cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

I'm pitching a total of four w/ the option of duplicates because as mentioned, traditionally, Web-Shooters come in pairs. I imagine Web-Shooters are a glyph that could be doubled up on, if say, Spider-Man were faced with an army including Vulture.
Vuture could steal one, but he'd have to pass it on before he could steal the other. And if thievery isn't a risk, you might want to go with a different Spider-Utility glyph.
Having two would provide double the web-markers to use, but if you chose to only equip one, another option might be:
Glyph of Spider-Utility: Web Cartridges
SUBTITLE = WEB REFILL
EQUIPMENT GLYPH

When this glyph comes into play, place # white Webbing Markers on this card. If this figure would remove one or more Webbing Markers from its Army Card, or an equipped Glyph of Spider-Utility, you may first remove one Webbing Marker from this card.

I also think C3G will want a Peter Parker figure at some point, Aunt May, and Mary Jane as well, and even Gwen & Captain Stacy would be interesting.

To continue spitballing:
Why does Peter get a job at the Bugle? Because he's the man of the house. He has to provide for Aunt May, his college, and his dating life.
The better he provides for Aunt May, the more he grows into being a Man. That happens with time, as he continues his career as a photographer, and as an experienced crime fighter.

Glyph of Spider-Utility: Camera
SUBTITLE = INVESTMENT EARNING
EQUIPMENT GLYPH

If the figure equipped with this glyph rolls combat dice for or against an adjacent opponent's figure, place a black Investment Marker on this card, or two if there is an Editor on the battlefield. When the figure equipped with this glyph is unengaged, that figure may place one black Investment Marker from this card to the card of an adjacent unengaged figure you control.

Perhaps with a hypothetical Aunt May, one special power of hers could signify Peter's success as a measure of her raising him, with him growing, developing, becoming a man:
RESPONSIBILITY
Investment Markers placed on this card add 1 to the Move, Attack, and Defense, of Peter Parker figures in your army to a maximum of 3.

Mary-Jane might have a power signifying her feeding his heart and his will to push forward:
DATE NIGHT
After a black Investment Marker is placed on this card from a figure you control, remove one wound marker from that figure's army card.

Not at all trying to imply that Mary-Jane gives love in exchange for money. Just that these are Investment Markers, and a relationship is an investment in someone else. And dating can be expensive, and Peter's job at the Bugle enables him to go out on dates.

Other Spider-Equipment Glyphs could be Spider-Tracers, where you may always look at Order Markers on an opponent's card with your Spider-Tracer Marker on it.
I'm imagining his Spider-Signal, different types of Web-Fluid, Enhanced Combat Mode, etc.

I know I'm talking about a lot here, and I know it'd take a lot of time and a lot of teamwork to create. One of the coolest things I think we could do for this project would be to allow the cast of Peter Parker's personal life to be draftable, less targetable units that don't necessarily engage in combat, but enhance Spider-Man in a way where he is the main or solo combat unit in your army, able to fight a 1000pt Sinister Six army without super-hero allies.

And to bring it back to the topic of the Web-Shooter, I do think Spider-Boy's Web-Shooter should be a vanilla Web-Shooter glyph, which we need to decide the function of. Spider-Boy, as we have it now, can only carry one, and it can be lost due to wounds, making it entirely accurate to the source.
Old September 5th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Are you sure you do not have sanctum access?
Looking forward to the response here.

How about giving Monster Zero some love?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy