Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 6th, 2017, 05:21 PM

lpeters82 knows what's in an order marker lpeters82 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Starting to Play

Is there a support group? I'm two weeks in and have spent just over $400. I need an intervention.
Old October 6th, 2017, 08:02 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Honestly, just pick up some units that seem fun to play with, even if they aren't A+ units.

Most of wave 1 is a great place to start, as gruts/romans/venocs/omnicrons really add a lot to the master set.

Keep in mind that if you are playing with ONLY your collection, you might want to keep balance in mind. Having Q9 on the table but no good counterdraft in your collection could result in Q9 being overpowered. Getting 4 squads of blade gruts and nothing else might make a grimnak + friends difficult to counter with a limited collection. You get the idea.

More terrain is also very important if you hope to play large games 500+ points.
Old October 6th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpeters82 View Post
Is there a support group? I'm two weeks in and have spent just over $400. I need an intervention.
Hah! Fool. You came to the dealer's den for an intervention.

Let me explain. You don't need a "support group." You just need . . . more . . .

Spoiler Alert!

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old October 7th, 2017, 01:17 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It's called plasticrack for a reason

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 7th, 2017, 01:34 AM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!

Its not a game, its a religion!
Old October 7th, 2017, 06:28 AM
The Real Zombieland

Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you can, try to see if there's any local groups in your area that play Heroscape, and attend their meetups. I lost interest in Heroscape for years, but having a good number of people to play with really got me back into it. It will also allow you see other figures you aren't familiar with in action, and various maps that others have designed. I definitely feel that I appreciate, and enjoy Heroscape more after having been to Heroscape Meetups, and Tournaments.
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:42 PM

lpeters82 knows what's in an order marker lpeters82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpeters82 View Post
Hah! Fool. You came to the dealer's den for an intervention.

Let me explain. You don't need a "support group." You just need . . . more . . .

Spoiler Alert!
Err...You guys are no help. I just picked up a Ticalla Jungle, Zombies of Morindan x2, and 50+ figure lot on eBay. I actually think I got pretty good deals.

I also used the $10 off TKA10 coupon from Artcow to buy a complete set of cards. Actually, I skipped the D&D stuff for now; but I'm sure I'll eventually order that deck too. I already have a few figures missing cards, plus I think just having them in a binder will make them easier to find.
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:48 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Now you've got it! Poke around in the "Events" section looking for tournaments and meetups you can drive to. Also consider that you can drive further then you thought for this important mission, and don't forget to check the "NHSD" sub-subfolder, though I suppose some of those events have passed already.

You appear to be in one of those large states where everything is impossibly far from everything else, so I leave it to you to determine your range.

= =
Old October 19th, 2017, 05:19 PM

So I don't remember seeing it but is there Heroscape at the Midwest Gaming Classic? There is a pretty big board game section, but I just don't recall seeing Heroscape. If so I might be able to peal away from my pinball addition to play some games?

PS: If it's not already there it seems like it could easily be added. They are in a new venue this year, so there is more space. If others go I'd be willing to contact the guys that run the event to help make it a part of the show. They are often in other forums I am a member of.
Old October 19th, 2017, 05:23 PM

That's how these things get off the ground. Head on over to the Events subforum, post your thoughts and a link to the event, and see what happens.

= =
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:18 AM

Perhaps I'll start something up as the show get's closer. I'm already committed to bringing a pinball machine so I'm not sure how much extra space I'm going to have. It would just be cool to see since it would likely show the game off to a huge segment of the population that are geek-enough to get into the hobby. Does anyone else attend the show?

PS: It's sure looking like buying larger lots and selling/trading off what I don't need is going to be the most cost effective way of getting into the hobby. The most recent lot I'm buying contains a number of doubles. I keep going back and forth on the whole multiples for common squads. Realistically, I'm probably just going to be playing with friends so smaller armies are probably better. I'll try to update my list once they are in hand.
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:45 AM

Well, even smaller armies will sometimes want multiple commons.

Also, if you already have friends to give you a head start, you may wish to consider posting a local meetup/tournament at a FLGS and see who shows up. For my local tournaments, most attendees post on this website rarely or never. Your future local scene may be out there right now, waiting for you to put your toe in the water.

Check the "How to Host Your First Tournament" thread, linked in my sig.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion