Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old February 7th, 2016, 03:50 AM
Friend of humans

Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker
Round 4 is on A Stone's Throw.

The dok (3-0) v. kevindola (3-0) pool of armies is:
* Marrden Hounds x4, Goblin Cutters x4, Omnicron Repulsors x2, Hoplitron x2, Marcu Esenwein, Major J15, Seleena, Van Nessing, Werewolf Lord
* Greater Ice Elemental, Shaolin Monks x4, Shades of Bleakwoode x3, Master Win Chiu Woo, Dumutef Guard x4, Ana Karithon
dok chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who wins opening initiative.)

The Chris Perkins (2-1) v. vegies dad (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Frost Giant of Morh x2, Fen Hydra x2, Moltenclaw, Othkurik The Black Dragon, Shurrak, Rhogar Dragonspine
* Fen Hydra x2, Feral Troll x2, Finn the Viking Champion, Fire Elemental x5, Frost Giant of Morh x2, Fyorlag Spiders x3
vegies dad chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who wins opening initiative.)

The Kinseth (2-1) v. Dysole (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Red Wyrmling x3, Black Wyrmling x3, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Deathstrike Thrall, Wolves of Badru x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Werewolf Lord, Nicholas Esenwein, Van Nessing, Emperor Andask
* Axegrinders of Burning Forge x2, Beorn Boltcutter, Otonashi, Seleena, Ulfrid Hornwrangler, Zettian Deathwings x3, Brave Arrow, Kira Jax, Mohican River Tribe x3, Quorik Warwitch, Zetacron, The Varja
Kinseth chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who wins opening initiative.)

The vegietarian18 (1-2) v. MegaSilver (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Agent Skahen, Ana Karithon, Elaria the Pale, Eltahale, Jorhdawn, Josie Whistlestop, Kumiko, Mika Connour, Nakita Agents, Seleena, Sharwin Wildborn, Sonya Esenwein
* Death Chasers of Thesk x2, Ogre Pulverizer, Ogre Warhulk, Air Elemental x2, Death Knights of Valkrill x3, Me-Burq-Sa, Roman Legionnaires x2, Skull Demon, Valguard, Racheim, Marcu Esenwein
MegaSilver chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who wins opening initiative.)

The mtl1998 (1-2) v. Mew28 (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Braxas, Sudema, Crypt Guardian x4, Xualtica Fire Ants x5, Ashigaru Harquebus x4
* Marcus Decimus Gallus, Airborne Elite, Roman Legionnaires x4, Ne-Gok-Sa, Charos, Greenscale Warriors x3, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM]
mtl1998 chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, Mew28 chooses who wins opening initiative.)
Old February 7th, 2016, 01:36 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Online Scape Season 23 - Hot Draft Round 3 until Feb 7

So this season's playoffs could potentially only have 3 participants. Where'd everybody go?
Old February 7th, 2016, 01:41 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Unknown

There's lots of potential reasons. I can speculate but the most likely reason is busyness since that's usually what people tell us when they aren't entering. We'll have a better idea next season if it's a fluke or a trend (I mean I kind of expect this trend at some point from a game that's going to have a hard time bringing in new people)

~Dysole, watching and waiting
Old February 7th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

A few things have become clear after extensive research by the OHS team. This problem has nothing to do with formats that make it difficult for players without knowledge of all figures to succeed. It also has nothing to do with tournaments that only allow players who have played for at least a year to play. It also has nothing to do with the a system that tells you that you are bad at your hobby if you lose. New players leave for other reasons, but we cannot find them at all this time. This is what we know.
Old February 7th, 2016, 08:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Vegie, have a snickers.
Old February 9th, 2016, 07:38 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapebot View Post
Round 4 is on A Stone's Throw.

The dok (3-0) v. kevindola (3-0) pool of armies is:
* Marrden Hounds x4, Goblin Cutters x4, Omnicron Repulsors x2, Hoplitron x2, Marcu Esenwein, Major J15, Seleena, Van Nessing, Werewolf Lord
* Greater Ice Elemental, Shaolin Monks x4, Shades of Bleakwoode x3, Master Win Chiu Woo, Dumutef Guard x4, Ana Karithon
dok chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who wins opening initiative.)
kevindola and I have completed our draft for our traditional R4 meaningless game (third one - the loser won the finals rematch the last two times). Draft went:

Code:
dok		kevindola
Hounds		Cutters
J15		Hounds
Hounds		Hoplitron
Hounds		Van Nessing
Cutters		Cutters
Cutters		Hoplitron
Marcu		Seleena
Dumutef		GIE
First 14 picks were out of my pool.

Game might be tonight, unless it isn't.

Last edited by dok; February 9th, 2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old February 10th, 2016, 12:35 AM

Re: Online Scape Season 23 - Hot Draft Round 4 until Feb 14

It may have been just a seeding game, but man, it was a barnburner. kd opened the action by killing two hounds with mob attack (he never activated the cutters again, but they very much earned their keep between those two kills and tying stuff down). His next two OMs were on the GIE, who killed J15 in two shots. My first hound activation had slow movement, and the subsequent loss of initiative meant the hoplitrons blocked the approaches to the GIE, and the GIE proved extremely hardy and spiky (took out J15 and 4 hounds, constantly staying 1 or 2 wounds from death).

When my OMs flipped back to cutters, it was my 7 cutters, 2 hounds, Dumutef, and 5 life marcu, against a 2 life GIE, 3 life Nessing, Hopltron, Seleena, and 2 hounds. Nessing narrowly survived an early mob to take out a couple cutters, but the cutters did finish the two big heroes. My hounds and Dumutef absorbed some punishment while the cutters cleared things, and I ended up with 1 wound Marcu, a hound, and my last three cutters against the Hop.

However, then things swung again, as marcu failed to kill the hop, and the hop won init and took out both the hound and Marcu. At that point there was some maneuver, as the hop was sitting on un-mobbable terrain and I wasn't going to approach with the point lead. However, kd got the init loss/init win combo he needed, and managed to get first strike before losing on points. At that point the Hoplitron just needed to kill two cutters while blocking puny attacks of 2, but wouldn't you know it, my very last cutter managed to kill the Hoplitron to pull things out with a single cutter.

Great game, kevindola!

stats:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; February 10th, 2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old February 10th, 2016, 09:31 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm having trouble contacting @Mew28 . I sent a PM Sunday night around 10:30 as well as a couple yesterday evening (around 5:30 and 8 ) with no reply. I've made my first pick and have placed and am waiting on Mew to draft and contact me for scheduling.
@dok , @Dysole

Last edited by mtl1998; February 10th, 2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: 8) makes a sunglasses dude
Old February 10th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My Hot Battle season is over. I was able to end it on a win, with my Deathchasers riding initiative to knock off order markers and seize early control of the game. My Nakitas and Death Knights cleaned up. If only someone had recommended we don't use this board in tournaments because it accentuates initiative wins.

I was genuinely a big fan of the format for this season though. I liked how the draft interacted with Heat of the Battle; how you had to play around figures that wouldn’t even necessarily be in your game. Fun stuff. I do think it’s pretty punishing towards people who don’t know every figure in the game, but so are most OHS Heroscape formats and this one had a more unique and fun product. Probably my favorite OHS team innovation since the original Bring 2. Can’t wait to see what dok has built for himself to win for next season!
Old February 10th, 2016, 11:40 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Brief

Beat Kinseth. It was an...interesting game. Several key moments did not go well for him.

~Dysole, glad to get a good KABOOM in
Old February 10th, 2016, 11:54 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Brief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Beat Kinseth. It was an...interesting game. Several key moments did not go well for him.

~Dysole, glad to get a good KABOOM in
I'd say all of them... Good luck in the playoffs.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 18th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Friend of humans

Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker
The Semifinals are on Ember Canyon Road.

The kevindola (3-1) v. Dysole (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Axegrinders of Burning Forge x2, Beorn Boltcutter, Otonashi, Seleena, Ulfrid Hornwrangler, Zettian Deathwings x3, Brave Arrow, Kira Jax, Mohican River Tribe x3, Quorik Warwitch, Zetacron, The Varja
Dysole chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who wins opening initiative.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events