Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:29 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
The Team Covenant Open winner was able to keep his two higher-skill pilots in the "donut hole" and beat an HLC Dash.
I was playing against a YT with Engine Upgrade, PtL, and Outrider + HLC. So he was able to shenanigan his doughnut hole away from my Interceptors. lol

Back to playing TIE Swarms and getting stomped by Phantoms. Might just run 5x Scimitar TIE Bomber + 5x Ion Missiles and 5x Failsafes list, or 5x Scimitar and 10x Flechette Torpedo list. Seems rather annoying.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; December 3rd, 2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:08 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Playing in my first tourney on Friday.
Think I'm going with more fun than anything.

Omicron Group Pilot with advanced sensors and engine upgrade x 2
Soontir with push the limit and targeting computer
Academy Pilot

Love my shuttles!! Hoping to catch a few off guard with more maneuverable shuttles. Soontir is well Soontir and the AP does some blocking for me. Sometimes even on my own shuttles.

Thought about dropping Soontir and the AP for a super up Vader and a rebel captive and or tactician on a shuttle. Think I like 4 ships better than 3. Plus the blocking can be a big deal. Otherwise I'm using a shuttle for that and then I might as well put some anti pursuit lasers on it.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:04 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Where and what time is the tourney Ken? I doubt I'll go with it being this Friday but Im gonna see what I can work out. Let me know when you plan for another one and I'll make it out for sure.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the list, MM. I agree that 4 ships is definitely better than 3. I've tried to get the Shuttle to work for me, but it's a tricky little bugger, and I can't seem to get it right. I suppose not sinking more points into it for EU or Advanced Sensors may be partially to blame, but I digress.

Good luck on the tourney!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; December 4th, 2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: I'd say "May the Force be with you", but you're flying evil, so I cannot. ;-)
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Good luck! Looks like a solid list. I love Soontir with Targeting Computer (boost/roll into range 1, PtL for TL, get free Focus, POW!).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 5th, 2014, 02:28 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Where and what time is the tourney Ken? I doubt I'll go with it being this Friday but Im gonna see what I can work out. Let me know when you plan for another one and I'll make it out for sure.
Dragon's Lair at 6.

@rym and @NecroBlade

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Played 2 practice games last night. One against an A wing swarmish and another against Etahn and a Z swarm. Took the A wing swarm out fairly easily. Barely beat the Z 95 swarm. Lost Soontir really fast after a bad judgment call on my part. Though the shuttles pulled their weight. Being able to boost then make a hard 2 really can throw off your opponents when they are used to the shuttles moving like @Raider30 s mom after she ate at a seafood buffet.

I really love the shuttles so I'm just going for fun. Soontir has to do a lot of heavy lifting especially against any phantoms. The shuttles should be able to handle and Fat Falcon builds. Though I suspect to see a lot of Decimators and Outriders tonight. Which I'm hoping because I haven't ordered mine yet (waiting on Imperial Assault and or wave 6 to release first) and I want to see how awesome they are!!

Old December 6th, 2014, 12:48 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Saw a build online and flew it. 1 cheap shuttle with Vader in it, AKA the Doom Shuttle, with 4 Scimitar Bombers each with a Proximity mine. Flew it against a sub par double YT-2400 build twice. First round I won, second round everytime I was ready to drop a good proximity, the bomber that had it would get destroyed.

It's pretty interesting, with the proximity mines and bombs in general it's kind of effective to do a k-turn that intentionally puts your ship's back to the enemy's gun, and then before you move next turn drop the bomb. Proximity Mines were updated in an FAQ recently to allow them to explode immediately when they overlap a ship, so dropping them directly onto a ship immediately throws 3 unmodified attack dice at them, and they roll no defense against them.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Had a fun time last night. I'm always suspect getting into another tourney scene because I think that scapers really are some of the best people there are I think we really have a pretty relaxed tourney scene. These guys were just as cool!

Went 2-1. Beat a Whisper, Soontir army and an Echo tie bomber army. Got smoked hard core against a mini rebel swarm. Though I did make quite a few bad decisions that game. Like put Soontir on an asteroid...twice... Though he would of beat me either way.

I learned I suck with Soontir. I think I will drop him in favor of another shuttle! Maybe a Doom Shuttle! Or run the Decimator and 2 shuttles?

Old December 7th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OMG, if I saw a Decimater and 2 shuttles across from me, I'd have to resign myself to knowing I'm in a slugfest I probably won't win. Mentally, you've just beaten me, then you'd have the battle half won, my friend. That would be a daunting sight to behold, and while I may be able to fly around it with more manueverable ships, 36 hit points is a lot to take down!

I like it. A lot. Can't wait to try it out when I get my Decimator Tuesday from DrLivingston.

Old December 7th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
OMG, if I saw a Decimater and 2 shuttles across from me, I'd have to resign myself to knowing I'm in a slugfest I probably won't win. Mentally, you've just beaten me, then you'd have the battle half won, my friend. That would be a daunting sight to behold, and while I may be able to fly around it with more manueverable ships, 36 hit points is a lot to take down!

I like it. A lot. Can't wait to try it out when I get my Decimator Tuesday from DrLivingston.
Heh. Focus fire the Decimator is your best bet. Those I'm a Z-95 swarm fan, so it could be easier for me to do than other builds. And in a timed match, you just have to kill more points than your opponent. From what I've seen, rarely are all ships destroyed on either side.
Old December 7th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Who Bummed Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

Heh. Focus fire the Decimator is your best bet.... And in a timed match, you just have to kill more points than your opponent. From what I've seen, rarely are all ships destroyed on either side.
True.

And the Decimator is a whopping amount of points. A nice, fat target. I was mostly saying that sitting down across from my opponent and seeing that lineup across the table from me would be daunting to look at. It's not unbeatable. But that's three huge kapow-kapow ships compared to my tiny pew-pew fighters.

Old December 7th, 2014, 09:05 AM

Definitely gonna try this.
Oicunn with dauntless, saboteur, and anti pursuit lasers.
Omicron with Vader.
Omicron with advanced sensors and engine upgrade.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures