Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 21st, 2014, 01:01 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Gen Con 2014 Thank Yous

Ah, Gen Con...

Once again it always amazes me how much this community rocks. I play in several other tournaments but heroscape always has the best gamers.

There are a lot of thank yous to do and I'm still not sure I know how to use the @ thing right...

@Cupids Art
I'm glad I got to meet you. Thanks so much for the t-shirt and dice designs. They are awesome. Thanks for the plaques as well!

@cbs42
Thanks as always for cutting our dice every year for us. They look great as always!

@Stay Golden Pony Boy
I was glad I finally got to meet you at True Dungeon. Thanks so much for the Dog Tags and the T-shirts they were great!

@Weasel
The Toys R Us display was so cool!

@worldsenemy
Thanks for the dice trays, and just being the runner if we ever needed anything. Good Luck with your game shop!

@R˙chean
For all the work you have put into this community past and present. Nobody deserved the title more than you!

@Tiny Timmy @Jim @scaper dude s Wife
Thanks for painting the dice!

@Raider30
Thanks for printing off all the maps, thanks for driving, thanks for putting up with my nervousness every year and for the team tourney, and the mom jokes, and the hot sister jokes...

@mak e it Ryan
Thanks for the laptop and printer and playing in 2HG with me.

To all my map makers -
You guys always do a great job and make it easy on this old guy.

To all the GMs -
Thanks for giving up time at your con so that others could go play stuff.

@lonewolf
Thanks for everything bro. The program, prize allocation, the mom jokes...

@Infected Sloth
Thanks for the best game of heroscape I have ever had. Thanks for letting my chainfighters mess with you on the lava map.

@stubobj
Thanks as always for dealing with the glyphs.

To my room(s), you guys are great. Lots of good times and memories.

To the rest of you (Cleon + dad, Orcelfarmyone + dad, 6th flagbearer + dad, the Elders, the Ashs, Arrow Grut, the KY guys, the NEtern guys, Hendal, Wookie, Vminer, Rollitontop and co, Vegie + dad, the Ohio guys, TOM, and yes even dok, and anybody else I missed) you guys always make Gen Con worth the headaches from trying to organize everything and the lack of sleep.

Thanks for just being a great bunch of people!

Heroscape is NOT dead, thanks to all of you!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 21st, 2014 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Squad figures cannot touch the healing glyph, just like you shouldn't touch Raider30's mom...
Old August 21st, 2014, 01:05 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2014 Thank Yous

Thank you to everyone who attended to play! Especially those who made the VC Event a success as well! It was great seeing everyone again, especially @vminer and @R˙chean .
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks to those who gave up their time to run it, and thanks to all the 'Scapers for great times both on and off the battlefield!
Old August 21st, 2014, 01:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

++ to all of that. And now I'm bummed I didn't get to introduce myself to cupidsart...
Old August 21st, 2014, 02:46 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED. And you forgot to thank yourself, MM. Another awesome event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
@Infectedsloth
Thanks for the best game of heroscape I have ever had. Thanks for letting my chainfighters mess with you on the lava map.
I had the good fortune of seeing this whole game. It's not one I will ever forget. MM made it very lively and Infectedsloth was an insanely good sport the whole way through, even as ever more of his zombies took lava baths and failed easy combat rolls. The verbal sparring began well before the first OMs were placed, and MM proved that there are still undiscovered uses for the modular nature of Heroscape terrain. And on top of all of the lightheartedness, there was also very good play on both sides to appreciate.

I so wish this one was recorded...

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:34 PM

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Thank you all so much! Gencon is always so much fun and thats all thanks to the people who make it happen! Heroscape is far from dead and I hope to see you all next year!

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:03 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
++ to all of that. And now I'm bummed I didn't get to introduce myself to cupidsart...
During the Sunday Summoner Wars event, he was our GM. I was playing Sam's deck, the VG II and he loved watching his guys in action. He was kind enough to sign his work.

I want to thank all the volunteers, organizers, GMs, tek guys & donators, that made this happen, year after year.
I also thank all the players, friends & nemesises that made the games what they were.
My favorite time of the year. Thanks again.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I was only able to pop in once but it looked like all was well in the land of Heroscape.
All the prizes looked great, so kudos to everyone involved. Thanks to MM for the offer to play in War of the Worlds. It just was not in the cards this year.
Hopefully my free time will coincide with Open Play so I can get some C3G in during Casual Play next year and my ankle holds up to the walking.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 22nd, 2014, 04:11 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks to all who organized GenCon this year. Everything was so smooth, and the prizes were great with any Heroscape product. Thanks to everyone who played too; I had a ton of fun well-played games against great people.

I hope to see everyone again next year.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 05:29 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks to everyone who makes me not mind giving up five hours of Gen Con to GM!

And everyone else, too!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Thank you to everyone who helps run the events and provide and secure prizes! Especially Lonewolf for managing to make the tournament software cooparate quickly enough to keep General Wars running mostly on schedule! Always good to see everyone who can make it to GenCon - great group of guys (and the occasional gal) all around!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 23rd, 2014, 12:55 PM

vminer has disabled reputation

It was great to be back at Gencon. I received a couple of gifts from two of the best people in world before I left Gencon . I cannot express how touched I am from this. I will never be as good a player as the the 2 that gave me the gifts, and now I'm not sure if I will be as good a person as they are either.

It was great seeing Tommy and Bob and Cody Lucido, Matthias, Hendal, Wookie and so many others. As for my new team partner Arrow Grut we did well, we will do some real damage next year.

Thank you all for being Heroscape players and letting me into your family.

See you all next year!!

vincent miner

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con