Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 6th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Galactic Guardians set.
Its model number and name are #045 / Thanos

Character Bio - The universe's darkest hour has come. The Mad Titan has found his purpose and strives for his goal, his destiny, to possess all six of the Infinity Gems, to wield the power of the universe itself. He cannot be stopped - he cannot be reasoned with or swayed - and once his quest is complete, one half of all life will pay the price...

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest (9 Life, 6 Defence, three Glyph start): Lazy Orang
  • Second playtest (9 Life, 7 Defence, two Glyph start): MrNobody
  • Third playtest (9 Life, 7 Defence, three Glyph start): Arkham
  • Fourth playtest (8 Life, 7 Defence, three Glyph start): Lazy Orang
  • Fifth playtest (9 Life, 7 Defence, two Glyph start): Lazy Orang (1, 2)
  • Sixth playtest (9 Life, 7 Defence, two Glyph start): Karat
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by tcglkn
  • Thanos created by Jim Starlin
  • Comic art by Joe Jusko

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by japes; January 26th, 2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Breathing

NAME - THANOS

SPECIES - ETERNAL
UNIQUENESS - EVENT HERO
CLASS - CONQUEROR
PERSONALITY - UNYIELDING
SIZE/HEIGHT - MEDIUM 6

LIFE 8
MOVE 6
RANGE 6
ATTACK 6
DEFENCE 7

1,200 POINTS

INCOMPLETE GAUNTLET
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card. Thanos can equip glyphs as though he were a Unique Hero and when he rolls the 20-sided die for the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 to the roll for each special power it has gained, to a maximum of +5.

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game all other players, starting with the player to your left and going clockwise, must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Then, you may choose a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game and equip it. At the end of each round, the player who won initiative must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other glyph or any player's figure.

*SNAP!*
Once per game, instead of taking a turn with Thanos, if he is equipped with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and it has the special powers of all six Glyphs of Infinity, you may roll the 20-sided die for all other figures in play, one at a time. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure is destroyed. Thanos cannot use his Incomplete Gauntlet special power for the rest of the game.

REWRITTEN DEATH
Once per game, if Thanos would be destroyed, you may instead remove all Wound Markers from this card and end the round.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; July 22nd, 2019 at 04:03 AM.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
INFINITY QUEST[/B]
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and a Glyph of Infinity on this card. Then, the player to your right places a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Repeat this process until six Glyphs of Infinity are in play. Glyphs cannot be placed within 5 spaces of Thanos or another Glyph of Infinity, and cannot share a name with a Glyph already in play.
So check my math here...

2 player game...

If I have Thanos I start the game by putting the Gauntlet and any one glyph on his card. My opponent places a glyph on the battlefield.

Then in the repeat this process kicks in...

So do I then place another glyph on Thanos's card and my opponent places another one on the battlefield.

I'm guessing that's not the intent and that after the first one is placed on the card the rest are distributed on the field but I'm not sure if that is completely clear therefore I'm posting here so future generations can read this

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
INFINITY QUEST[/B]
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and a Glyph of Infinity on this card. Then, the player to your right places a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Repeat this process until six Glyphs of Infinity are in play. Glyphs cannot be placed within 5 spaces of Thanos or another Glyph of Infinity, and cannot share a name with a Glyph already in play.
So check my math here...

2 player game...

If I have Thanos I start the game by putting the Gauntlet and any one glyph on his card. My opponent places a glyph on the battlefield.

Then in the repeat this process kicks in...

So do I then place another glyph on Thanos's card and my opponent places another one on the battlefield.

I'm guessing that's not the intent and that after the first one is placed on the card the rest are distributed on the field but I'm not sure if that is completely clear therefore I'm posting here so future generations can read this
You're quite right, and the wording here is mostly placeholder, mostly since I don't know how you'd word what I want correctly and elegantly. We're in uncharted ground here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I'll be frank here - no idea where to start this guy cost wise.
Not sure when I'll be able to get to his initial, but I figured I'd start him now.
You can't be Frank...I'm Frank. You have to be someone else.
Fine, fine, Rowan it is. Spoil sport...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 7th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Hard as ice

Thanks, chaps. Means a lot. Okay, then, is this something we're happy with? I don't care about exact wording right now, just the mechanics - wording can be ironed out later so that we can get started on testing.

NAME - THANOS

SPECIES - ETERNAL
UNIQUENESS - EVENT HERO
CLASS - CONQUEROR
PERSONALITY - UNYIELDING
SIZE/HEIGHT - MEDIUM 6

10 LIFE
MOVE 6
RANGE 6
ATTACK 6
DEFENCE 6

1,000 POINTS?

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet [cut] on this card. Then, each player, starting with the player to your right places a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Repeat this process until five Glyphs of Infinity are in the game or each player has placed a Gyph of Infinity on the battlefield. After doing so, you may choose one Glyph of Infinity that is not on the battlefield or on any other Army Card and place it on this card. At the start of each new round, if fewer than six Glyphs of Infinity are in the game, the player who wins the initiative must, if possible, place a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other figure or another Glyph of Infinity, and cannot share a name with a Glyph already in the game.

ONE HALF OF ALL LIFE...
Once per game, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Thanos, if Thanos is equipped with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and it has the powers of all six Glyphs of Infinity, you may roll the 20-sided die one at time for every other figure on the battlefield. On a roll of 11 or higher, that figure is destroyed.

REWRITTEN DEATH
Once per game, if Thanos is destroyed, you may instead remove all Wound Markers from this card and the round immediately ends.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Thoughts on an initial price to start with?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 25th, 2019, 02:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
INFINITY QUEST
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card and put one of each of all Glyphs of Infinity not in the game into a Glyph Pool. Each player, starting with the player to your right and going counter-clockwise, places a Glyph from the Glyph Pool on any empty space on the battlefield. Next, you may choose one Glyph from the Glyph Pool and equip it. At the end of each round, if there are any Glyphs in the Glyph Pool, the player who won the initiative that round must place a Glyph from the Glyph Pool on any empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any figure or another Glyph of Infinity. When Thanos rolls to lose the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 for each glyph's powers that have been gained.
I think the references to the glyph pool actually make things more wordy and don't add too much clarity. Let me take a shot at trimming this down:
INFINITY QUEST
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card. When Thanos rolls to lose the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 for each glyph's power that has been gained. At the beginning of the game, choose an opponent to place a Glyph of Infinity not in the game on the battlefield. You may then place one additional Glyph of Infinity not in the game on the battlefield, then equip another, if possible. At the end of each round, if there is an Infinity Glyph that has not been added to the game, the player who won the initiative that round must place one on an empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any figure or Glyph.
Now only 2 glyphs are placed at the start even in multiplayer, but I think this is a good simplification (plus it prevents Thanos starting with no glyphs in a big free for all).

Honestly, it makes sense as two powers:
INFINITY GAUNTLET
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card. When Thanos rolls to lose the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 for each glyph's power that has been gained.

INFINITY QUEST
At the beginning of the game, choose an opponent to place a Glyph of Infinity not in the game on the battlefield. You may then place one additional Glyph of Infinity not in the game on the battlefield, then equip another, if possible. At the end of each round, if there is an Infinity Glyph that has not been added to the game, the player who won the initiative that round must place one on an empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any figure or Glyph.
Old January 25th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like splitting them up if there's room. Some slight edits:

Quote:
INFINITY QUEST
At the beginning of the game, choose an opponent to place a Glyph of Infinity not in the game on any empty space on the battlefield. You may then choose two Glyphs of Infinity not in the game and equip one and the place the other on any empty space on the battlefield. At the end of each round, if there is an Infinity Glyph that has not yet been added to the game, the player who won the initiative that round must place one on any empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any figure or Glyph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 25th, 2019, 12:28 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Probably needs another pass, but here's my first pass at edits:

Quote:
INCOMPLETE GAUNTLET
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card. Thanos can equip glyphs as if he were a Unique Hero and when he rolls the 20-sided die for the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 to the roll for each special power it has gained, to a maximum of +5.

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game all other players, starting with the player to your left and going clockwise, must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Then, you may choose a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game and equip it. At the end of each round, the player who won initiative must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other glyph or any player's figure.

ONE HALF OF ALL LIFE...
Once per game, instead of taking a turn with Thanos, if he is equipped with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and it has the special powers of all six Glyphs of Infinity, you may roll the 20-sided die for all other figures in play, one at a time. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure is destroyed. Thanos cannot use his Incomplete Gauntlet special power for the rest of the game.

REWRITTEN DEATH
Once per game, if Thanos would be destroyed, you may instead remove all Wound Markers from this card and end the round.
Had to add some language (unfortunately) to let him equip glyphs - he needed that because otherwise, if he drops the Gauntlet, he can't pick it back up. Technically he only needs to be able to equip the Gauntlet and not any glyphs - the Gauntlet lets him equip the Gems, but it's shorter to not specify.

Last edited by Ronin; February 27th, 2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: switched to johnny's Rewritten Death
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:00 AM
Hard as ice

This Passes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Probably needs another pass, but here's my first pass at edits:

Quote:
INCOMPLETE GAUNTLET
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet on this card. Thanos can equip glyphs as if he were a Unique Hero and when he rolls the 20-sided die for the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet, add 1 to the roll for each special power it has gained, to a maximum of +5.

INFINITY QUEST

ONE HALF OF ALL LIFE...

REWRITTEN DEATH
When Thanos would be destroyed for the first time in the game, all Wound Markers are removed from this card instead, and the round ends.
Had to add some language (unfortunately) to let him equip glyphs - he needed that because otherwise, if he drops the Gauntlet, he can't pick it back up. Technically he only needs to be able to equip the Gauntlet and not any glyphs - the Gauntlet lets him equip the Gems, but it's shorter to not specify.
Looking good. Just two changes:

1) Move the 'may pick up Glyphs' thing to Infinity Quest so it isn't negated when he snaps.
2) Should we have some language keeping him from passing the Gauntlet? That was never tested, and I don't want to worry about how strong it could potentially be to give Spider-Man an Infinity Gauntlet.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 25th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Looking good. Just two changes:

1) Move the 'may pick up Glyphs' thing to Infinity Quest so it isn't negated when he snaps.
2) Should we have some language keeping him from passing the Gauntlet? That was never tested, and I don't want to worry about how strong it could potentially be to give Spider-Man an Infinity Gauntlet.
1) Wouldn't do that. The card is already too long and it's more work to mention it in Infinity Quest (also basically completely irrelevant to the rest of that power). Plus, thematically, I don't have any real issue with him forsaking the Gauntlet if he loses it late-game, after pulling off the snap.
2) Again, I'd skip it as much because of card length as anything. Spidey has Spidey-senses to protect the gauntlet, but he also doesn't get the bonus to hang onto it and can't snap, and he doesn't hit as hard as Thanos on his own turns.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Hard as ice

Reserved for Art

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Hard as ice

I'll be frank here - no idea where to start this guy cost wise.
Not sure when I'll be able to get to his initial, but I figured I'd start him now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library