Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 10th, 2012, 11:11 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Oklahoma Heroscape Event Around NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Actually I am not for pooled games either, I prefer pre-built armies as well. Also I think if you are going to have a statewide game you should follow the same rules as GEnCon considering they are the "official" source for Heroscape rules these day.
Yes, unless there is a sudden influx of draft poolers I don't see a draft pool happening this time around.

What rules are you referring to? There are many, many different ways to run a Heroscape event--GenCon is GenCon, but its not the only way to have a Heroscape event.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?

Iwayman-

I tried to google gencon Heroscape rules for my own perusal but did not come up with anything definite if you have a kink.

Capsocrates as soon as you hammer out a definitive date I will make up flyers and approach the three FLGS in Tulsa.
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustrialOkie View Post
Iwayman-

I tried to google gencon Heroscape rules for my own perusal but did not come up with anything definite if you have a kink.

Capsocrates as soon as you hammer out a definitive date I will make up flyers and approach the three FLGS in Tulsa.
Sweet. Hopefully we will have a date figured out within a week or two. I'd like to hear from demon_llama about when they'll be scheduling their October event in Lawton, but they may not know in time. I'm also waiting to hear from some local people about which time is best for them.

I'm assuming that unless I hear otherwise from you guys, the 13th, 20th, and 27th are all good dates with this much notice? Personally, I'm leaning towards the 13th or the 27th instead of the 20th.

@IndustrialOkie: I would look in the GenCon subforum. Its a subforum of the Events subforum that this thread is in. I couldn't find any "rules," but they do have a list of different events they're doing. I want to keep things pretty simple, at this point. We can try some special formats if we decide to have another event in November or December.

--
--
--

--
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?

I'm pretty easy as long as I can bring my own army! Was just curious how these rules differed from the printed rules I'm used to. I'm good with whatever everyone decides regardless.
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty easy as long as I can bring my own army! Was just curious how these rules differed from the printed rules I'm used to. I'm good with whatever everyone decides regardless.
Would you share the printed rules you're used to?

--
--
--

--
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?

I lost my original Heroscape rules long ago- I go by the online PDF "swarm of the marro" rules set.
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I lost my original Heroscape rules long ago- I go by the online PDF "swarm of the marro" rules set.
Ah, okay. So you're referring to game rules, not event format rules? As far as game rules go, we're definitely sticking with official rules.

--
--
--

--
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?

I wouldn't know an event format rule from a Wizard of the Coast!
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM

lwayman is surprisingly tart

Actually from what I read of last years GenCon Rules is from memeory and what they used was the DnD BftU Master set rule book, the last comprehensive update to the faq's (sept. 2010 release I believe was the last release), and they allowed Samual Brown but you had to have the printed card and it had to be verified by the judges since it was printed at home, and the figure had to be the official sculpt and had to be clearly designated as Samual Brown seperate form the 4th Mass (I have a painted one of the exact sculpt but am okay with any of the 4th mass being a stand in for Samual Brown as long as it is obvious during the game play that the figure used is Samual Brown.), and Marvel and DnD figures are allowed same as any of the other pieces.

Note: This is not a further push for Marvel on my part, I am just giving you what I know. (I have never actually played either Thanos or the silver surfer myself, but I have beat Thanos more than once).

Oh and my Daughter is in favor of Marvel also (her heroscapers ID is Supergirl193). We tend to use Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Venom the most but I have used the Hulk a couple of times too.
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Actually from what I read of last years GenCon Rules is from memeory and what they used was the DnD BftU Master set rule book, the last comprehensive update to the faq's (sept. 2010 release I believe was the last release), and they allowed Samual Brown but you had to have the printed card and it had to be verified by the judges since it was printed at home, and the figure had to be the official sculpt and had to be clearly designated as Samual Brown seperate form the 4th Mass (I have a painted one of the exact sculpt but am okay with any of the 4th mass being a stand in for Samual Brown as long as it is obvious during the game play that the figure used is Samual Brown.), and Marvel and DnD figures are allowed same as any of the other pieces.
Yes, all of that is fine with me (except for the Marvel part ) and looks like pretty standard fare for a Tournament/Event setting. There might have been a new FAQ since then, but I'm not sure--we'll use the latest one, regardless.

Quote:
Note: This is not a further push for Marvel on my part, I am just giving you what I know. (I have never actually played either Thanos or the silver surfer myself, but I have beat Thanos more than once).

Oh and my Daughter is in favor of Marvel also (her heroscapers ID is Supergirl193). We tend to use Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Venom the most but I have used the Hulk a couple of times too.
I have also beat Thanos, but that's not the point. I would hate to see someone bring Thanos/Surfer + 3xDeathreavers, because that just be really annoying for their opponent. I'll add your daughter to the list, but I would not get my hopes up too high about Marvel being a part of the event--and I would keep my hopes even lower about any Marvels over 300 points. (Although I admit that Hulk and Abomination are not as bad as Surfer and Thanos).

--
--
--

--
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM

jwadeharrell is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If I may chime in, I would like to attend if my calendar allows so it is about 50/50 that I can come with projects I have going on. I am really glad this is happening and hope it can continue to bring in people from all over the state and not just one area.

As far as "official rules", remember that the rules have grown over the years and when the D&D set came out, it included shadow tiles and figures that can make use of them. I hope that we mean all the official rules of Heroscape and not just the SotM rules.

As far as Marvel, just my opinion, I think they were a great addition to to game as long as they are respected and people don't just try to show up and annoy people with the team you described above. With their point values, I don't think they are overpowered but certainly, if you take Silver Surfer and come up against a team that is all "melee" and no flight, it will be a total mismatch. With this thought in mind, I would recommend a compromise between the Pro and Anti Marvelers and make a tournament rule on max point value because most of the other Marvel figures have powers that already exist in some form on non-marvel figures of similar point values. If there were a 300 point cap per army figure you would do away with the Marvel figures that have no counterpart in the non Marvel world whatsoever.

Anyway, I might possibly not be able to make it though I will try, this is just one opinion and one that I think is a reasonable compromise. Just for thought, does Gen-Con allow Marvel? I can't remember.

Last edited by jwadeharrell; August 10th, 2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Rewording for clarity
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwadeharrell View Post
If I may chime in, I would like to attend if my calendar allows so it is about 50/50 that I can come with projects I have going on. I am really glad this is happening and hope it can continue to bring in people from all over the state and not just one area.
Do you know if the 13th or the 20th works better for you?

Quote:
As far as "official rules", remember that the rules have grown over the years and when the D&D set came out, it included shadow tiles and figures that can make use of them. I hope that we mean all the official rules of Heroscape and not just the SotM rules.
Maybe I'm being naive, but I'm sure we will have no issues with using all of the Heroscape rules. They are all compatible.

Quote:
As far as Marvel, just my opinion, I think they were a great addition to to game as long as they are respected and people don't just try to show up and annoy people with the team you described above. With their point values, I don't think they are overpowered but certainly, if you take Silver Surfer and come up against a team that is all "melee" and no flight, it will be a total mismatch. With this thought in mind, I would recommend a compromise between the Pro and Anti Marvelers and make a tournament rule on max point value because most of the other Marvel figures have powers that already exist in some form on non-marvel figures of similar point values. If there were a 300 point cap per army figure you would do away with the Marvel figures that have no counterpart in the non Marvel world whatsoever.
Yes, if we were to allow Marvel, we would implement a 300-point cap on Marvel Heroes.

Quote:
Anyway, I might possibly not be able to make it though I will try, this is just one opinion and one that I think is a reasonable compromise. Just for thought, does Gen-Con allow Marvel? I can't remember.
GenCon allows Marvel in certain events, but not the main events, I believe. There are many events/tournaments where Marvel is allowed, but there are also many (more, I think), where they are not allowed. They are not part of the Heroscape canon and were not tested with "classic" Heroscape figures.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events