Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 24th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Looks like fun. I like the moss on the sides. All it needs now is some indication on the bridge of where the hexes would be.
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:02 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Well, I'm not good at bridges, but I would have suggested to not make a 2nd new thread about cheap bridges.

You just made the other one yesterday: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ighlight=#9458
It could have been aded to that one, or to one of the other 3 (now 5 total) threads about making bridges.

There's only so much bridge-love we have here.

That said, I think the pics are great, and any added scenery that can be made to work within HS is good stuff.
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Merged.
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:17 PM

jasonorme666 has disabled reputation
Thanks guys
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cool bridge, jasonorme666! Maybe you could pencil/pen in some fracture marks on the bridge walkway that look like hexes or spaces to help count movement across the bridge. Very creative, though!

Newb.
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:59 AM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
That looks really good. I think i could do something like that if I had balsa wood. Ive worked with it before so I know how soft it is. Any ideas of where I could get some? LOWE's maybe?
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:02 AM

No idea.

I found ebay is the best place, since its light weight wood you don't get killed by the postage cost.
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
Eh, i might give it a try. I could make a lot of things out of balsa wood. I could make some bridges, my own custom castle (which I already have some plans), and much more that havent even crossed my mind.
If I can just get my hands on some.

O, does the balsa wood hold the figures well. Meaning some of the heavier figs, like Grimnak, and Charos, and others? Because I wouldn't want to go through all the trouble of making an intricate design, just to have Charos stand on it and make it collapse. That would be disatrous.
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:48 AM

Not sure to be honest, I don't own any metal figures and the large ones I dont use as I mainly use the Hex terrain for other games.

but I wouldnt imagine they would damage it, not unless it was standing on somthing really thin.
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
here's my two cents on the use of clips to make a bridge or other cool phenomenon. if you rely on it too much, the bridge will look stupid and thin and weak and bow in the middle. i still think that the best way to make a bridge if you arent using road peices is to do it the old fashioned way using the 3 hex peices offset to counterbalance each other and a larger peice on each end to anchor it. of course, there's only so far you can go with this style of building. if you start using clips, try to integrate the clipped parts into a counterbalanced bridge system (thats one reason my large bridge has 3 levels to it). the bridge will end up looking much more natural. some people just dont seem to realise how stupid 5 double hex peices clipped together hanging and bowing over a ravine looks.

by the way, just thought i should mention that i first got the idea for using clips back on .net from whoever built some map with like 10 mastersets and rules that outlined some race along a riverbed through a canyon. as far as i know they were the first. kudos to them.

ps...
in my many adventures in model building in architecture school i got quite a lot of experience using balsa wood. however, in my opinion balsa sucks ass unless what you are building absolutely has to be "weightless" like an airplane for example. i find that BASS WOOD works much better for what you guys are trying to do. it is still lightweight but doesnt simply snap like styrofoam when you work with it.
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM

ForeverMan724 has disabled reputation
bridges?

you want a bridge? here are three ways to get a bridge...

one: buy the forgotten forest expantoin set. its Awesome!

two: gots enough money to buy some wood? buy the Forgotten Forest expation set!

three: gots kids, bills, n a mortgage? use some of your peices. (one)single rock peice n (two) two rock peices n glue them together/ JB weild <.< works like a charm

Note: the bridge is only five spaces long (you do the math). i like to use the rocks cuz they look cool as a "Rock Bridge" ^_^

ill get a pic as soon as i can to show you.

PS: JB weld is a realy awesome way to Glue/Weld custom characters together too ~_^

www.dragonfable.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions