Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old June 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM

Ascendancy has disabled reputation
Warcraft III

Well, I've noticed that this is the only Blizzard game that hasn't been talked about, so let's change that

All out WC3. RoC, or TFT, favorite race, strategy, account name, custom games, custom maps, everything and anything about Warcraft. Do you like it or hate it? Just whatever you've got to say.

Anyway, yeaa haha. I never really know how to start things like this, but I assume it will get rolling eventually..

I myself, find this game to be amazing. I'm quite talented with the Undead and Nightelf, but would like to learn Orc. If anybody knows a good strat. care to share it? If not, then discuss

Old June 14th, 2007, 04:44 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
WC3 is fun but like a lot of ppl I got it played it, finished it than WoW came out...

I just finally picked up the expansion to wc3(found it for 5 bucks at eb games) but ive yet to try it out....

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:13 PM

And that is why I dislike WoW. It took a lot of people away from the other games such as WC itself, but even more from Diablo II.

The Frozen Throne was well worth your $5. Get the patch right away then try out the Hero Tavern. It's like a Mercenary Camp, but with Heroes. I'd recommend the Dark Rogue* and Naga Sea Witch to try out first.

*Not sure if that's the right name for it

Old June 14th, 2007, 06:54 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
WC III never had the hook for me. WC II and Starcraft sucked me right in; simple yet challenging. WC III seemed to be anything but simple for my feeble mind. I can't put my finger on any one thing about the game. As a whole there is a lot of depth and variance to the units and strategies, but nothing grabbed me.

I still play Diablo II semi-regularly

WOW is crack and I have yet to touch it

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
WCIII has a really cool fan mod called DOTA Allstars that can be really addicting and is much more hero-based.

I can't even think about WCIII right now, though, as my Blizzard brain is being taken up by squealing for Starcraft II.
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:30 PM

Aww man...DOTA...I never really liked that game. Personally, I think people take it too seriously. You try to have fun with it and experiment and you get called various names

Ever heard of Tides of Blood? Way better than DOTA

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:14 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Never tried Tides of Blood - will have to. Yeah, there's some DOTA dudes that are WAY too hard-core and start screaming at you if you don't know ALL the new strats. Silly stuff, but pretty funny if you have the right attitude
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:12 AM

I know what you mean

ToB has insane hero mods/skins. All of their moves are modded as well. Very beautiful game and hopefully when you do play it you'll get a good set of people that make the mood of the game just great.

Old July 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Footmen vs Grunts is a pretty fun one to play on BNet.

Long live Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games