Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Who can help acquire these targets for our information/feedback campaign?
Skynight?
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Old May 30th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
I would like to find out if the decision to package 2 large unique figure packs to 1 common terrain set was made to earnestly address projected demand, or schemed as a way to boost orders as retailers would need to order additional hero packs to receive enough terrain to meet demand and then have to figure out how to handle all those excess uniques. Sandra @ housemouse has dealt with this by having to increase the price of the terrain and decrease the price of the heroes, relative to MSRP.
it smells (or should i say stinks) like a scheme to me. either way, scheme or screw up, it's pissing us off. and we're not going to take it anymore! time to start making some protest buttons and flyers to pass out at GenCon

on a more serious note, i like Reaper's call to action. (i'm not sure the situation is that desparate really.)

i'll bet a lot of us could probably come up with some great ideas for promoting Heroscape. so if emails are going to be sent, they should have some clever suggestions to go along with the complaints.

one suggestion i would make would be a better commercial. if they want to SELL A TON MORE Heroscape they need to show four boys (or maybe 3 boys and 1 girl) sitting around a good size map (2 master sets with road trees and lava). on the map each player commands a LARGE THEMED ARMY, lots of low point common figs. SHOW OFF THE COMMON FIGS. that's where the money is for Heroscape (we know this all to well), multiple purchasing of common figs and terrain.

what parent doesn't know that boys love to drag out all their plastic army men, cowboys, indians and set them up all over the house. a better commercial needs to tap into that large army building mentality.

i have a feeling there will be a new commercial to promote castles. if they are smart, any new commercial will display a bigger map and bigger armies.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
gary,

i have been conceptualizing a heroscape commercial for a while focusing on four kids sitting around playing the game (some of you may remember me talking about it briefly last summer). i am really excited about it. the problem is that i need to finishing editting two other short films i shot before i can start another project. but my cinematographer is going off to school at the end of the summer so we would have to get on it soon.

i really hope i can make this a reality. just need to be more diciplined in getting projects finished!
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:51 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
I feel that we should start making efforts as a community to reach the decision-makers at Hasbro and shake their tree, instead of sitting in our treehouse, hoping for them to climb up the ladder and read what we have plastered all over the inside of our treehouse.

I feel the time has come for us to write letters/emails and address them to the addresses we can find.

Who can help acquire these targets for our information/feedback campaign?
I'm with you on this Reaper. I don't want to get anyone in trouble (well, maybe the guy that decided 2 heroes to 1 terrain. He's gotta go!), but Hasbro needs an official wake-up call about the consumers of this game. I'm note sure where to go next, but a massive e-mail/letter writting campaign in the next couple of weeks, could possibly do wonders. Or **** off Hasbro enough to quit the game. Nah. If we all come together, got a list of all of our questions regarding the game and picked a day to all e-mail (different questions mind you, we don't want to get a standard form letter reply) that might just turn some heads. Then, at GenCon, The Worlds largest gaming convention, Hasbro would have no excuse for showing up without a lot of anwsers to all are questions. I think we should explore this further.
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:29 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
How bout everyone who cares about Hasbro scrwing up Heroscape distribution just send that customer service email address what their thoughts are on the matter?
It doesn't have to be a form letter - just write down in words what you feel about Heroscape's recent expansions only being avaiable for 24 hours on the Hasbro toy site, and still 1 1/2 months later (I think) are nowhere to be found save etailers and EBay.

What is that email address again?

And about a commercial - Hasbro has already spent plenty of $$$ on advertising to the young boy demographic.
What they should be doing is promoting the most unique aspect and strength of this game - it's FAMILY FRIENDLINESS!
I can not remember a more family-friendly (well, dad and son, at least) mass-market game in YEARS - something to appeal to the kid in everyone.
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:49 AM
ultradoug

I bet I could make a kick butt ad for it if I wanted to... humm...
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:04 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
yep - family friendliness. i was thinking about that as well...the fact that this game appeals to all ages. i'm one of many dads on this forum that were drawn to this game after buying it for their son.

i was just thinking that from a "Hasbro wants to make more money" angle, more emphasis on buying multiple commons might be a smart move.

but of course Hasbro would be more happy with a Star Wars expansion for Heroscape if they were only concerned about making money

anyhow, back to the distribution thing...it would be interesting to know what the real reason(s) is for the delay to retailers this time with Raknar and Thaelenk.

perhaps someone will scoop some insider info at some point. i doubt the real reason will ever be explained in detail in an email from customer service.

the one big difference from last year seems to be that Hasbro is ready to sell the new stuff in their own online Toy Shop immediately. last year it seemed like they intentionally waited a while before selling them online.
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:20 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The thing that kinda fries me when I think about it is that I'm sure that many people here have ties and channels to various Heroscape employees - collectively, the people involved on this site know just about everyone involved in the game.

Yet, we seem to have an utter information black hole, with it all being sucked up in a one-way vortex that leaves us all guessing in the dark so deep no light can escape.

Why can't SOMEONE from Hasbro open up their damned lock-down of information, and tell the world what the hell is going on with Heroscape, so that we the fans of the game can understand why we are not able to buy the product months after it has been released

Would it be so hard to get information to us, the loyal fans, that have supported the game with advertising, attention, and money and promoted the game for 2 years running now?

Now is a CRITICAL time for Heroscape and its future.
If Hasbro doesn't open up a bit more, I don't see why the less-obesessed fan would bother sticking with a game that he can't buy.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:30 AM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
I dont get it. Trying to get a small amount of support from Hasbro like doing a Q&A or donating some prizes turned into such a big NO-NO. Like it was a mortal sin to even ask. But now we should all bust Hasbro's balls and demand that they give up their marketing strategy. Yeah, ummm, well- wish you luck with that one....

I deal with two of Hasbro's other products. They have crappy shipping too. You can only find new stuff in the stores. Then all of a sudden its gone and you can only find old stuff for weeks on end. Not as bad as HS, but still annoying. But eventually you get what you need. All of the stores around here keep moving HS product, so they must be doing something right. How its happening, I dont know.

HS's customer service replies have been more than forthcoming with news. I cringe everytime I see Chris give a release date. With all of the large corporations I have worked for this was just sacrilege. I would rather see a "Thank you" email go out, then a "You have to fix you marketing strategy- now!" email go out.

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:24 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushi96
I dont get it. Trying to get a small amount of support from Hasbro like doing a Q&A or donating some prizes turned into such a big NO-NO. Like it was a mortal sin to even ask. But now we should all bust Hasbro's balls and demand that they give up their marketing strategy. Yeah, ummm, well- wish you luck with that one....
I was not going to mention this, glad you did Bushi I was thinking exactly the same thing It is funny how this is all of a sudden a good idea now that it is someone elses.
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:25 AM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Why can't SOMEONE from Hasbro open up their damned lock-down of information, and tell the world what the hell is going on with Heroscape, so that we the fans of the game can understand why we are not able to buy the product months after it has been released
Like most big corporations, Hasbro probably doesn't want to admit mistakes.

I think emails to Customer Relations is a good idea. I don't know what kind of response we'll get, but it's worth a try. It couldn't hurt. In fact it might help. I seem to remember a thread back on .net or HQ about how the calls and emails about a game are probably logged.

Quote:
Would it be so hard to get information to us, the loyal fans, that have supported the game with advertising, attention, and money and promoted the game for 2 years running now?
It was nice when Craig and Rob were on .net dropping hints of what is to come. I was actually surprised Hasbro let it happen.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News