Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM

boogle has disabled reputation
desert space halves your move?

I heard a rumor recently when I went to a gathering for heroscape, and the man there told me that your to halve your movement in desert spaces. I was under the impression that desert spaces were just like normal spaces such as grass and rock. Is this a wild rumor or have I been playing heroscape the wrong way for a very long time?
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM

Carefree Games Woo who?
No, sand has no effect on your movement.
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:48 PM

boogle has disabled reputation
thanks
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:34 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
There is at least one scenario that has special rules for the sand.
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Yeah, something about a recent rain turning sand into mud (not quite sure how that works) and each sand space takes two movement points. Other than that, sand is normal.
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Yeah, something about a recent rain turning sand into mud (not quite sure how that works) and each sand space takes two movement points. Other than that, sand is normal.
It's one of the scenarios for Migol's Tomb.
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:58 AM

TheMedic has disabled reputation
I use that option quite a lot. I will set up the sand terrain near the water, that is then considered to be mud banks which halve movement.

it is at the end of the day an OPTION, and not a hard and fast rule for every time the sand spaces are in play.

it does however vary things a little, and makes the different coloured terrain mean more than just attractive colours.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:21 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Yes, that's the "Mud" rule, it comes right out of the RotV Master Set rulebook but it is a scenario/map specific rule.
I used that rule on many of my maps before the Thaelenk Tundra came out.

However, it eventually became clear that slowing down movement only served to further boost the range and flying units, so we got away from that, and in fact we don't even use the "Heavy Snow" or "Slippery Ice" rules any more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's