Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timefighter View Post
What do you mean?
*sigh*

Really? Is it really impossible for you to look at that book cover and determine who the author might be?

~Aldin, saddened

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:54 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, following the zeroth law
...and that is why you are the master.

*EDIT* Here it is for those of us playing along at home...

Un admin ne doit faire aucun tort à un noob, à moins qu'il trouve un moyen de prouver qu'en fin de compte le tort qu'il aura causé profite le forum en général!

Last edited by whitestuff; February 14th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
has been BANNED

timefighter costs too much!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by timefighter View Post
What do you mean?
*sigh*

Really? Is it really impossible for you to look at that book cover and determine who the author might be?

~Aldin, saddened

Yes.
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:57 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The author is Isaac Asimov. Not Lije Baley & R. Daneel Olivaw.
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
S'allright Elffy, he's just trolling.

~Aldin, who thinks a bored timefighter should go do something else for a while

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
S'allright Elffy, he's just trolling.

~Aldin, who thinks a bored timefighter should go do something else for a while
Instead of wasting TIME.
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
has been BANNED

timefighter costs too much!

I'm not trolling. I really thought the authors were Lije Baley & R. Daneel Olivaw. I'm really sorry. Will you forgive me and get rid of my infraction Aldin? I didn't mean to bait you.
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:15 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

OK, back on track..

"Always Enough" by Rolland & Heidi Baker. Kind of a pentacostal missionary memoir. I find it inspiring. I'm teaching a night class on mission methods using it as the text.. makes a good catalyst for discussions.
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just fished Eusebius' History of the Church, and it was one of the longest things I've read in a long while, not actually length, but it took me a while to plow through it.

Back to A Mouth Sweeter than Salt, with a little Magdalena, Blood Divine thrown in.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old February 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceitfulBeauty View Post
I just fished Eusebius' History of the Church, and it was one of the longest things I've read in a long while, not actually length, but it took me a while to plow through it.
There were a couple times I thougt I'd sit down and read Eusibius' book. I never got far. Maybe now that I'm older I should try again.
Old February 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This weekend, I managed to read two more tales from Stephen King's Skeleton Crew collection.

I finished up Mrs. Todd's Shorcut which I started on my last visit to my cabin (I keep the book up there). This is a really interesting tale. As I write the story's title, I wonder if King based the character and story's premise on Mr. Toad and his own wild ride

Then I jumped right into the next tale, The Jaunt.
Whoah. What an interesting sci-fi tale (the term jaunt coming directly from The Stars My Destination) with a nice pre-code horror comic ending that creeped up on me and freaked out this father of young, impressionable children.

Then I started in to read Philip Jose Farmer's Lord Tyger* for a second reading in about 10 years. I brought this book home with me and hope to continue the book in my spare time.

* Googling about I learned The Stars My Destination was originally called Tiger! Tiger! from William Blake's The Tyger. I'm sure the same 'tyger' spelling indicates Blake influenced Farmer too.
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:17 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

Wow, Hex, that's my favorite collection by King, and "The Jaunt" is my favorite story in the bunch. I also like "Ballad of the Flexible Bullet," and "Survivor Type," which is pretty gruesome, but pretty good.

I recently read his newest collection, Just After Sunset. Anyone else read this one yet?

My Deathwalkers climb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books