Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old June 1st, 2019, 10:26 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Comic Book Club

I've heard mention of New Mutants vol 1, or vol 3 (Demon Bear). I'd like to have it locked down by weekend's end (if not sooner) to give people the week to read.

Thoughts or preferences? If I don't hear preferences, I'll just pick one of the two randomly or something.
Old June 1st, 2019, 10:47 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like starting with vol 1, given I don’t really know these characters. But if we went with vol 3 I’d manage.
Old June 1st, 2019, 11:06 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd start with Vol. 3. It's the most iconic story and creative team for the characters and, well, as long as you know what the X-Men are it probably won't be that hard to put the pieces together for background.
Old June 1st, 2019, 11:24 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
We should probably make a list of all the known services and have it in the OP here.
I'd still love to see this added somewhere. Be cool to have the broken up by subscription amount, if any, too.
Old June 1st, 2019, 11:49 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Here's a quick one:

DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
Comixology Unlimited - $5.99/month, DC + Marvel + Image + Dark Horse + Valiant + More, spotty collection for most publishers
DC Universe - $7.99/month, all DC comics more than 12 months old, also includes TV shows
Marvel Unlimited - $9.99/month, all Marvel comics more than 6 months old
Comicblitz - $7.99/month, Valiant + IDW + other Indy publishers

FREE WITH LIBRARY CARD
ComicsPlus - Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, other indies
Hoopla - All publishers
Old June 1st, 2019, 11:55 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

DC and Marvel's services both omit most 'adult' books (most anything from the MAX or Vertigo lines), and I remember hearing that DC was deliberately leaving out a lot of perennial big sellers (like Killing Joke) as well.
Old June 1st, 2019, 12:54 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can we get a list of what's already been suggested too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 1st, 2019, 12:56 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the idea is that we will move to rotating picks, but I can put up the list as things others are interested in. Might help inspire pickers.
Old June 1st, 2019, 02:26 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I am still reading Hush and will be for at minimum one more week, so I don't think I will make the cut on the first read. I'd also like to suggest longer than one week as a period for reading. A standard trade volume is about 6 issues or so, which would be about one issue every day if the period is one week. That doesn't seem like a lot in theory, but in practice can end up being more than one may expect.

I thought I would tag @Lazy Orang here as well. Since most of the picks will be comign from free services, it would be a great way to begin exploring comic books.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 1st, 2019, 02:34 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I'd also like to suggest longer than one week as a period for reading. A standard trade volume is about 6 issues or so, which would be about one issue every day if the period is one week. That doesn't seem like a lot in theory, but in practice can end up being more than one may expect.
I think it'll be about finding the sweet spot. We don't want it to sit too long and lose some enthusiasm for this, and we don't want it too short where it feels like a substantial extra investment to participate.

I'm thinking setting a time frame of something like a day and a half per issue. So like Hush (12 issues) we'd set at 18 days, but like an average Valiant trade (4 issues) would be about 6 days. Something like that. So if we pick Demon Bear (8 issues) I'd say 12 day reading period? Or does that feel too fast to people?
Old June 1st, 2019, 04:50 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d say 2 days an issue sounds about right.
Old June 1st, 2019, 06:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I am still reading Hush and will be for at minimum one more week, so I don't think I will make the cut on the first read. I'd also like to suggest longer than one week as a period for reading. A standard trade volume is about 6 issues or so, which would be about one issue every day if the period is one week. That doesn't seem like a lot in theory, but in practice can end up being more than one may expect.

I thought I would tag @Lazy Orang here as well. Since most of the picks will be comign from free services, it would be a great way to begin exploring comic books.
I'll have to bear that in mind. Still hesitant about trying comics for a few reasons, but I'll keep this in mind if I do. I actually attend a traditional book club in Shrewsbury, so this wouldn't be entirely new for me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy