Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 18th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
The Book of Karnak

The Book of Karnak

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy set.
Its model number and name are #028 / Karnak.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy: The Inhumans Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #004 / Karnak.
Character Bio - When Karnak’s parents saw what the Terrigen Mists did to Karnak’s brother Triton, transforming him into a scaled amphibian incapable of living outside of an aquatic environment, they begged Karnak not to go through the Terrigenesis Process himself. Accepting his parents' wishes, Karnak instead became a monk in the Tower of Wisdom. Through years of training, Karnak honed his body into a deadly weapon, becoming one of the most powerful master martial artists ever; but more impressive was his extrasensory ability to perceive the flaws in any object, person, or idea. With his intensely analytical mind and vast strategic knowledge, Karnak joined the Inhuman Royal Family and became the royal adviser to his cousin, King Black Bolt.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Inhumans adjacent to Karnak may add 1 die to their attack and defense.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Karnak interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Karnak's Calculated Counter Strike special power can be bypassed by special attacks.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Strategist

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by tcglkn; February 4th, 2022 at 08:01 AM.

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Karnak - Breathing Period

NAME = KARNAK
SECRET IDENTITY = KARNAK MANDER-AZUR

SPECIES = INHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STRATEGIST
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

INHUMAN TACTICIAN
Inhuman figures you control adjacent to Karnak add 1 die to their normal attack and 1 die to their defense.

ASSESS WEAKNESS 8
Before moving with Karnak, you may choose a figure within 2 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher and Karnak attacks the chosen figure with his normal attack this turn, it subtracts 3 from its Defense number, or 6 from its Defense number if it is a destructible object.

CALCULATED COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the number of shields you roll is equal to or greater than the number of skulls the attacker rolled, the attacking figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends.

ORIGINAL DESIGN:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 03:52 PM.

This is a bit of an older write-up of mine for Karnak; I like it, but I’m also open to suggestions and ideas. The two points I feel like we need to hit are 1) his ability to assess weaknesses and see the flaws in pretty much anything, and 2) his advisor role for the Inhuman Royal Family and his extreme tactical mind.

Both of those can be covered in a bunch of different ways though. I contemplated simplifying Assess Weakness and and Calculated Strike into one power (the chance to subtract defense and deal an additional would could be a bit much…), and also adding in a way for him to use his ability defensively (reuse Defensive Premonition from Batgirl? Or Precognitive Strike from Gorgon (mutant)?). Inhuman Tactician covers the second point very elegantly, but is maybe too bland? We could go for a farther reaching power, like a cross between Oracle’s Secret Attack Plan and Brainiac’s 12th Level Intellect?

Thoughts?

OTHER COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

MINI BACKGROUND:
Spoiler Alert!

MINI PICS:
Spoiler Alert!

Old January 18th, 2017, 01:15 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Is being able to remove OMs from a Squad using Calculated Strike intentional? Like he has calculated it for maximum shock value or something?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I really like Inhuman Tactician here actually. It's a simple power but a useful one. And there's a lot of ranged options for the Inhumans in the long run, so it should be fairly useful.

I'm pretty happy with the package overall, but I do feel that Calculated Strike is the weak link. It covers a lot of the same territory of Assess Weakness thematically, while being a bit more vague mechanically to my eye. Some sort of a Counter Strike mechanic definitely feels up his alley.
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the general ideas here. The first power is spot on, when standing next to an inhuman he helps them fight better. The second one seems fitting for his ability to assess weaknesses. The 3rd one however might be a little bit of overkill. When combined with the second power it results in a -3 def. plus the ability to deal an extra wound. That would have him cutting through any low level figures with ease. So maybe drop the 3rd power for something else.

As for stats, since he never went through with the Terrigen Mist transformation and he is essentially just a well conditioned human, I'd think 4 life rather than 5 and 5 defense instead of 6. Other top human close combat fighters have either 5 or 4+1 defense.
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

YK's points about his stats makes sense, though I'd be fine with 6 Defense.

I definitely like Inhuman Tactician and Assess Weakness. Not as sold on Calculated Strike, but I don't have any great suggestions for alternatives right now.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 18th, 2017, 08:55 PM

I'm pretty sure (though I could be wrong) that the Attilan Inhumans are stronger/faster/tougher/etc. than normal humans, including the ones that don't go through terrigenesis. That said, his stats could still probably come down some.

I'm definitely leaning towards cutting Calculated Strike. What do people think about replacing it with Precognitive Strike (and lowering his survivability accordingly)?

Old January 18th, 2017, 09:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I do kind of like Johnny's suggestion of a counter strike type of power and that would fit the bill. Would any future Inhuman figures be able to manipulate d20 rolls?
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I do kind of like Johnny's suggestion of a counter strike type of power and that would fit the bill. Would any future Inhuman figures be able to manipulate d20 rolls?
None that I can thank of off the top of my head. At least not the main ones.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 19th, 2017, 10:34 AM

Some of the new ones introduced in the past couple of years might be able to, but I don't believe it'd fit for any of the iconic ones.

Old January 19th, 2017, 11:00 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Some of the new ones introduced in the past couple of years might be able to, but I don't believe it'd fit for any of the iconic ones.
Anything introduced in the past couple of years I wouldn't know anyway...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library