Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 30th, 2022, 09:06 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Cool to see the scorpions back again. I ordered a set a couple weeks ago because they're so cheap. Glad I didn't get around to printing the previous card lol. It might be cool to consider making them part of the nemesis war brood if we get more info on them tomorrow. Maybe even the first potential custom unit to be part of one of the new generals. But they lack that H.R. Giger Alien influenced look to them, so probably not.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; September 30th, 2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old September 30th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Up to review the scorpions

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 30th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I would like to submit @Pumpkin_King 's Jim Whitecloud.

Card text:
Spoiler Alert!

Known Synergies:
Mohican Rivertribe
Teeth of the Makwa
Clayton Pierce
Johnny Shotgun Sullivan
James Murphy
Guilty McCreech
Louis Mad Dog Malone
Kate Crawford
Garrett Burns
Josie Whistletop
Cal the Smuggler
Tombstone Gunslinger
Ebon Armor

Balance/Playability: Jim, with his Tomahwak is the highest single target damage Cowboy, and for the Native Americans he ties with Brave Arrow. This makes him a nice Can Opener for the Cowboys, and an appealing option for the Mohicans. He's still in line with the power level of the Cowboys, being a higher single target attack, but lacking either the range, number of attacks, or area damage of most of the other Cowboys, so there aren't any obvious places where he's clearly better than anyone without also having a downside. The Mohicans love another option beyond the Makwa Tribesman, but the Makwa Tribesmen is still an appealing option due to number of attacks, and durability.

Figure used is Red Wolf #039 Secret Wars - Heroclix Marvel Battleworld Singles

Availability:
4 on Troll and Toad
9 on CoolStuffInc
1 on NobleKnight games
6 on UntappedGames
12 on PopsCultureShoppe.com
And 40+ through various sellers on Ebay.com not including the above stores some of which also sell on ebay.

Last edited by Leaf_It; March 30th, 2024 at 12:22 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 04:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The changes to the High Dune Scorpions address the big issue from the previous version very well, though the theme of Paralyzing Venom is a little weak. Doesn't seem like they would be overpowered with Estivara, though it will definitely be worth testing. Stats and price look good, though I'm confused as to why it's Climb X2 instead of Climb X3. Not a reason to downvote, though.

to review the High Dune Scorpions

Jim Whitecloud is a clever mix of a Tribesman and a Lawman, plus direct reference to the rope in hand. I'm not sure the price is right given the value of Lasso (which can be subtle but super good), but it's not clearly off. I think Law of the Land is more complicated than it needs to be; I see no reason he can't always be both. But again, not a reason to downvote.

to review Jim Whitecloud
Old October 3rd, 2022, 05:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

to review both
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:02 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Also Also

to both.

~Dysole, succinctly
Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Up for Jim too

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:02 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This belies some ignorance but how do Lawmen & outlaws have synergy with one another?
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:33 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
This belies some ignorance but how do Lawmen & outlaws have synergy with one another?
I believe its because the presence of an Outlaw will activate the Law of the Land special power. More of an interaction than a synergy.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 09:45 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I vote to review the High Dune Scorpions.

I vote to review Jim Whitecloud.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old October 3rd, 2022, 10:36 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I think Law of the Land is more complicated than it needs to be; I see no reason he can't always be both. But again, not a reason to downvote.

to review Jim Whitecloud
I debated quite a bit between always on, and the version that I went with. Vydar pointed out in the Pre-SoV a couple months back that it makes more thematic sense for him to always be a Tribesman, but to only be a Lawman when he's either fighting Outlaws, or with other Lawmen.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 10:49 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I think Law of the Land is more complicated than it needs to be; I see no reason he can't always be both. But again, not a reason to downvote.

to review Jim Whitecloud
I debated quite a bit between always on, and the version that I went with. Vydar pointed out in the Pre-SoV a couple months back that it makes more thematic sense for him to always be a Tribesman, but to only be a Lawman when he's either fighting Outlaws, or with other Lawmen.
It feels like it's just extra words and complexity for a weak bit of theme and no gameplay.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs