Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 16th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Strike of Madness
If Lord Redavac moves adjacent to at least one friendly Squad figure, but is not engaged, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, you must attack a friendly Squad figure.
Lord Redavac could move adjacent to a friendly Squad figure any time during his movement, or even outside his turn (e.g. Saylind's summoning). The way it is written, he would be making that roll every time he moves adjacent to a friendly squad figure, even multiple times during a turn, and makes out-of-turn attacks each time. Do you mean "ends his normal movement adjacent to at least one friendly Squad figure?"

I still don't see how it fixes the Tandros problem. If Lord Redavac ends his movement next to an opponent's Tandros and a friendly squaddie and rolls a 1, what happens?
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

He has to be unengaged to roll for the power.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Yes, he could make the roll multiple times during his move. Each time he moves adjacent to a Squad figure (but not engaged), he rolls. If he gets a 1, he attacks his own figure, and that's his attack. End of turn. I guess I need to make that clearer. But he only rolls if he's unengaged, so Tandros would not be present.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
He has to be unengaged to roll for the power.
Oh yeah, missed that somehow. Problem fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Yes, he could make the roll multiple times during his move. Each time he moves adjacent to a Squad figure (but not engaged), he rolls. If he gets a 1, he attacks his own figure, and that's his attack. End of turn. I guess I need to make that clearer. But he only rolls if he's unengaged, so Tandros would not be present.
I see what you're trying to do. Add in an "must end his movement" and it should work. Oh, you'll need a "if he is on a space where he could end his movement" clause in there as well, so he doesn't end up in an impossible space (for example, sharing a space with a friendly figure).
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

So how about:

Strike of Madness
If Lord Revadac moves adjacent to at least one friendly Squad figure, is on a space where he could end his movement, and is not engaged, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, he must end his move and attack a friendly Squad figure.

Thanks for your help!
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I would up the die roll. Maybe to like a 3. A 1 (or 20) is usually reserved for the most powerful powers. I could also see 2, or even up to 5, but that might be a touch high.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:20 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree on upping the number. It is situational already, it needs some teeth to it. If it remains 1 out of 20, perhaps it should just destroy the friendly squad figure.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:19 PM

I guess I was thinking that, if he ended up moving past several friendlies, he could end up rolling for it a few times in a turn, and those 5% chances would start to add up. But I'll try him with 1-2 and see how it goes. Thanks!
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

Hi all! It looks like this thread has been dormant for a bit, but Capsocrates recommended that I drop in and have you all take a look at me recent SoV submission.

The availability was not a concern (the figure is #14 Deepshadow Elf from Giants of Legend), but there were some other issues that lead to no votes for the time being.

1. The card has 4 powers that are all fairly word and tend to clutter it up.

2. The bonding with the WoA and Aubrien Archers could be too strong. My playtesting has not shown this to be the case, but in his current state he does significantly improve certain match-ups for the AA by tangling up and damaging heroes that would normally tear them apart.

3. He has 4 defense, which is higher than any existing elves.

4. Watchful Eye is intended to protect Lentaris as well, the wording needs to indicate this. Also, the range of Watchful Eye's influence is disconcerting to some.

My gut feeling is that the simplest way to address multiple problems would be to take away his defensive agility, drop his defense to 3 and give him 1 or 2 more life. However, my gut also told me 4 powers were justified when I added Pride of the Elves, so I would love to hear suggestions/new ideas.

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfortress View Post
My gut feeling is that the simplest way to address multiple problems would be to take away his defensive agility, drop his defense to 3 and give him 1 or 2 more life.
I think your gut is full of wisdom.

Adding distance restriction to Watchful Eye (even as high as 8 spaces) would alleviate some concerns as well, and weaken him a bit in the cheerleader role.
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:25 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wood Marshal's Orders is also a weird name.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

I also think a range limit on Watchful Eye would be a good idea, Scytale. Eight spaces seems reasonable since it will still be able to keep the 4 figure ranged squads in check somewhat, which was the intention when I created the power.

I don't really like Wood Marshal's Orders much either, Greygnarl, but I had a block as far as what else to call it. Does anyone have any suggestions? And while were on the subject of names, what about the rest of the powers and the name of the figure himself?

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards