Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old November 1st, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
These are some seriously great maps; have you considered submitting Spineback Ridge or Post Maneuvers for the Battlefields of Valhalla? I think they would fill a good niche there.
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom
These are some seriously great maps; have you considered submitting Spineback Ridge or Post Maneuvers for the Battlefields of Valhalla? I think they would fill a good niche there.
Thanks! I am not really qualified to make any BoV submissions, but I'm thrilled that people seem to like my maps.
Old November 6th, 2007, 09:26 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Ice Buffer. 1 SM + 1 TT
Highlights
Balanced glyph placement
24-hex starting zones
Glyphs
2 glyph locations

I tend to struggle with map names, so finding that a chosen name has already been used is particularly frustrating. Oh well. I created this map to fill a void - maps that do not use RotV are pretty scarce at this point, and none of them (that I have seen) use the snow set. So far, I have restricted myself to glyphs from the sets in use (i.e. RotV glyphs for RotV maps, SotM glyphs for SotM maps). I'm not a big fan of the SotM glyphs, and I think this map is more receptive to random glyphs than some of my others, so I left the glyphs on this map unspecified for now.

EDIT 05-30-08: The PDF file has been updated - height has been added to encourage use of the sand area.

EDIT 09-23-08: The PDF file has been updated - the number of elevated hexes has been reduced from 3 to 1.

Last edited by GameBear; September 23rd, 2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ice Buffer looks great.
I'd definitely send something out into the desert region to find out what glyph that is!
Very nice map!
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart
I'm probably going to try some of these maps out some time. Good job! they look great!

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old November 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Ice Buffer looks great!
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think it takes less movement for the green side to reach to the glyph on water. I am not sure about the glyph on ice because the glacier blocks the view. I think green side needs 1 less turn in average to reach the glyph on water.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old November 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM
The Silent Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
Ice Buffer looks great!
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think it takes less movement for the green side to reach to the glyph on water. I am not sure about the glyph on ice because the glacier blocks the view. I think green side needs 1 less turn in average to reach the glyph on water.
Here's what I get (green vs purple):

Water Glyph
Fly: 11 vs 11
Walk (water): 6+7 vs 6+7
Walk (snow): 15 vs 16
Slither: 13 vs 13

Ice Glyph
Fly: 8 vs 8
Walk / Slither: 12 vs 12

Please correct me if you see something different. The only discrepancy (I think) is in crossing the snow to get to the glyph on the water, which is not the shortest path to that glyph. I suppose if the two sides are using figures with 5 move to race to the glyph, then green does have an advantage; I guess I assumed that glyph-grabbers would have at least 6 move.
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
Ice Buffer looks great!
Here's what I get (green vs purple):

Water Glyph
Fly: 11 vs 11
Walk (water): 6+7 vs 6+7
Walk (snow): 15 vs 16
Slither: 13 vs 13

Ice Glyph
Fly: 8 vs 8
Walk / Slither: 12 vs 12

Please correct me if you see something different. The only discrepancy (I think) is in crossing the snow to get to the glyph on the water, which is not the shortest path to that glyph. I suppose if the two sides are using figures with 5 move to race to the glyph, then green does have an advantage; I guess I assumed that glyph-grabbers would have at least 6 move.
I agree with your numbers. Walking by the snow hex is different, though. But as you said, it's not the shortest way to reach the glyph. I just think that the map should be "symmetric" in terms of equal access to key features of the map. In any case, can I use your map in the next game with my wife ?

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:13 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
I really like Post Manuevers, I'll have to build it sometime.
Old November 9th, 2007, 05:54 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom
Thanks! I am not really qualified to make any BoV submissions, but I'm thrilled that people seem to like my maps.
Anyone may make a submission, and after I do a few reviews and give you feedback I fully plan to submit Embattled Fen and Spineback ridge (gotta take another look at that large figures getting through the spine issue)
Old November 10th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I like Embattled Fen too. It's the first time that I've seen battlements used that well in any map. Although I was bothered at first by how flat it felt, that helps make it easier for melee to do their thing.

I think I'll definitely try some of the others soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:04 PM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Boiling Point. 1 MS + 1 FF + 1 VW
Highlights
Balanced glyph placement
24-hex starting zones
Glyphs
2 glyph locations

The lava fields offer height and glyphs; the water impedes figures retreating from the lava fields.

Last edited by GameBear; April 13th, 2008 at 02:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios