Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old August 9th, 2009, 10:35 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Upper Deck gets Marvel Minis Game license...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnluckyNumber View Post
I too would love to see civilian minis made of various Marvel and DC non-combatants. Wizkid's introduction of bystander tokens to HC was a horrible letdown. And when they finally did bring out sculpts of characters like Lois and Alfred they made them as "chase figures" that hardly anyone could get their hands on anyway.
What - you think $80 is too much to pay for a miniature? Whatsamatta, dontcha believe in capitalism?
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM

UnluckyNumber Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnluckyNumber View Post
I too would love to see civilian minis made of various Marvel and DC non-combatants. Wizkid's introduction of bystander tokens to HC was a horrible letdown. And when they finally did bring out sculpts of characters like Lois and Alfred they made them as "chase figures" that hardly anyone could get their hands on anyway.
What - you think $80 is too much to pay for a miniature? Whatsamatta, dontcha believe in capitalism?
Well, it's a mite bit more than I would pay even for a big name hero or villain, but Alfred and Lois Lane as super rare chase figures? Superman's girl and Baman's butler?

The whole "super rare" thing was one of the main reasons I finally stopped buying any cases or boosters for the game. Well, that and the uncommon and rare generics. The collectibility was an important marketing device for the game, but there's a fine line between using rarity to help build hype, and using it to make a collectible game too collectible to collect.
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Couldn't agree with you more, Unlucky. After I bought my first 10 packs of 'Clix [the first DC set, Hypertime] and got 3 Catwomen and 4 Aquamen, I vowed to never again buy blind boosters, no matter how much I craved super hero miniatures. Praise the internet aftermarket, that's all I can say!
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:49 PM

UnluckyNumber Woo who?

Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with collectible games in general. Right now I'm heavily into Star Wars Miniatures, and I'd probably still be buying Heroclix boosters too if WK hadn't made me feel like it was no longer worth the effort and money. Heroclix had a lot of issues as a game, but it was their way, way overdone focus on chase figures through super rares and certain generics that last year or two that finally killed me as a customer.
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM

SNOWMAN_the_TACTITIONER has disabled reputation

Probably for the last few years the only Heroclix I would buy were in the dollar bins. Especially once I got into Star Wars Minis and realised how well balanced those boosters were. I would hate throwing down $15 and only manage to get Mrs. Thing as a rare. It also has to do with the Star Wars commons being a little more dynamic when building a squad, but that is another post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News