Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 25th, 2019, 02:29 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Trex's Customs:Updated LOTR 10/24/19

I like all the powers but they read kind of weird to me. I can try to write up a similar take on it tomorrow if you want me to.
Old October 25th, 2019, 03:51 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like all the powers but they read kind of weird to me. I can try to write up a similar take on it tomorrow if you want me to.
Cool, yeah, if you can come up with better verbiage that gets the powers across I'll happily update them. I think I'm going to slowly but surely give all my hobo miniatures a card.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 25th, 2019, 08:52 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Witch King + Nazgul seems quite overpowered right now to me.

At a minimum, you're moving 3 figures with 4/6 base stats and having 9 figures with rejected by death means they're coming back pretty regularly.

Also, the Nazgul card is listed as a Common Hero but has 5 lives - if they are going to have multiple lives, they need to be an Uncommon Hero, but I think keeping them Common and reducing the lives to 1 is better for balancing (given you need to keep them at a low point total in order to fit 8 of them + Witch King in your army, which currently is 500 points and I assume that isn't by accident).
Old October 25th, 2019, 10:41 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post

At a minimum, you're moving 3 figures with 4/6 base stats and having 9 figures with rejected by death means they're coming back pretty regularly.

Also, the Nazgul card is listed as a Common Hero but has 5 lives - if they are going to have multiple lives, they need to be an Uncommon Hero, but I think keeping them Common and reducing the lives to 1 is better for balancing (given you need to keep them at a low point total in order to fit 8 of them + Witch King in your army, which currently is 500 points and I assume that isn't by accident).
Ooh. Thanks for the catch. The Nazgul are 1 life each. When I was making my updated cards I missed that it seems when updating the card. I have been testing them at that. If it was 5 lives each it would be very over powered for sure. Ill get that fixed. The 500pt total for the nine was for sure on purpose. They have been ran through a chunk of games awhile back. That was where we wanted to start them. They arent as crazy with the 1 life, but am sure they still need a little more testing to nail the point cost.

Old October 25th, 2019, 01:27 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post

Ooh. Thanks for the catch. The Nazgul are 1 life each. When I was making my updated cards I missed that it seems when updating the card. I have been testing them at that. If it was 5 lives each it would be very over powered for sure. Ill get that fixed. The 500pt total for the nine was for sure on purpose. They have been ran through a chunk of games awhile back. That was where we wanted to start them. They arent as crazy with the 1 life, but am sure they still need a little more testing to nail the point cost.
I like their balance with 1 life actually, i just wasn't sure which was the typo (lives or common) and was worried about balance if lives was correct.

It's an interesting 500 point army, I like the concept a lot.
Old October 25th, 2019, 05:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Take or leave whatever you want here, as I did tweak the powers slightly in addition to rewriting them, but this is how I would write up the cards. Then I'm sure someone else would further refine them.

Bilbo Baggins:

THE ONE RING
Start the game with the One Ring Treasure Glyph on this Army Card. When Bilbo rolls the 20-sided die for the One Ring, add 2 to the roll.

MASTER BURGLAR
You may place one Treasure Glyph in addition to the One Ring on this Army Card. After moving Bilbo, you may chose one figure he was adjacent to during his move and place one Treasure Glyph on that figures Army Card onto this Army Card.

UNSEEN
If possible, an opponents figure must attack a medium, large, or huge figure an opponent controls instead of Bilbo. Any figure attacking Bilbo with a normal attack must be adjacent to Bilbo. Bilbo can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

One Ring:

RING OF POWER
When the figure holding this glyph makes a normal attack, they may add 1 die to their attack roll, up to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice.

DISAPPEAR 11
After the figure holding this glyph is attacked with a normal attack, if at least 1 skull was rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If an 11 or higher is rolled, the attacked figure takes no damage and may move up to 4 spaces.

BETRAYAL OF THE RING
After the figure holding this glyph takes a turn, you must roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 1 from your roll if that figure used Disappear 11 this round and 1 for each additional die added to that figures' attack this turn. If the result is 1 or lower, remove all Order Markers from that figures' card and choose an opponent to take permanent control of that figure.

Most likely still needs to refinement, but here are a few notes on changes I made. Limited Disappear 11 to normal attacks for game balance and theme. Sometimes SA's are AoE attacks and going invisible shouldn't prevent being hit by a fireball or something. Made the bonus for Bilbo when using the Ring +2 only, didn't see why you would ever want to lower the roll and +2 means he won't switch sides if you only used Disappear 11. For Bilbo to switch sides and give into the ring he's have to use Disappear and the attack bonus, or the attack bonus alone at +2 or greater. Didn't give you a choice about him starting the game with the Ring, but then allowed him to hold onto the One Ring + one other Treasure Glyph. This way he can have the One Ring and still make use of his Burglar power. Otherwise you have to chose to use one power or the other, but never both in the same game.
Old October 25th, 2019, 06:36 PM
"like" happy

Thanks @Chris Perkins . The games we have ran with the nazgul cards were pretty fun and didnt seem to crazy when we tested them. They fell rather quickly to ranged squads of 4 figures in some games. I will have to say when facing these guys they truly do feel relentlessly after you with the chance to come back and it keeps you on the edge of your seat every roll. I imagine if I had to adjust them I would increase the common nazgul by 5 points each, lower the witch king to 1 life and possibly adjust his points as well. @Yodaking . Those edits are pretty great. Hopefully I can get to them this evening after Im done working. I also found a couple other typos on some of the other cards that need fixed. Im hoping to get to durins folk tonight putting together thorin and his crew. I also want to get to lurtz, merry, and pippen.

Old October 25th, 2019, 06:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Just had a thought, what if Biblo had a bonus to his roll when rolling for Treasure Glyph Traps as well? Then he'd be good a finding/disabling traps in addition to picking pockets.

MASTER BURGLAR 4
You may place one Treasure Glyph in addition to the One Ring on this Army Card. After moving Bilbo, you may chose one figure he was adjacent to during his move and place one Treasure Glyph on that figures Army Card onto this Army Card. When rolling for Treasure Glyph Traps, add 4 to the roll.
Old October 25th, 2019, 06:51 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just had a thought, what if Biblo had a bonus to his roll when rolling for Treasure Glyph Traps as well? Then he'd be good a finding/disabling traps in addition to picking pockets.

MASTER BURGLAR 4
You may place one Treasure Glyph in addition to the One Ring on this Army Card. After moving Bilbo, you may chose one figure he was adjacent to during his move and place one Treasure Glyph on that figures Army Card onto this Army Card. When rolling for Treasure Glyph Traps, add 4 to the roll.
I like it. Its not really used enough to really effect his point cost really either.

Old October 26th, 2019, 05:42 PM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's Customs:Updated LOTR 10/26/19

deleted

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:12 AM.
Old October 26th, 2019, 06:44 PM
"like" happy

deleted

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:12 AM.
Old October 26th, 2019, 10:36 PM
C3G Landlord

"Engagement" dropping into the last line makes it look weird. Not sure what can be dome to fix it. Maybe try to trim a word or letter somewhere from the text before it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards