Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old December 13th, 2017, 12:29 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah monthly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmgenius View Post
I'd like to come, but I wanted to clarify a few things first. Last year at the beginning of the game, person who rolled higher chose between the opponents two armies to face. The wording on the post this year makes it sound like the highest roller chooses between the 4 armies that they would like to play as; is that accurate? I hope that's not the case. Also, marvel are allowed this year right? Cause last year I had to make some crappy last minute substitutes which everybody chose to face, needless to say it didn't turn out great.
I was leery when @Scaperedude chose this format for the Bash as well, but the more I thought about it, the more I grew to like it (and at this point I’m really excited about it). I hope you’ll give it a chance; it’s gonna be a good time!

And yep, bring all the official Marvel you want! I’m currently toying with the idea of an army I call “poof!” - Venom, Spider-Man, Isamu
Old December 13th, 2017, 12:46 AM

kmgenius is surprisingly tart

The reason I don't love the idea is it appears to eliminate competitive armies. I personally don't see a strategy in creating an almost unbeatable army because if you were to roll lower the opponent would choose that army, and you might get destroyed. But now that I think of it, there is a sense of relief that it may not be ultra competitive. I've never tried anything like this before so it's hard for me to know what to expect. What kind of armies do people bring to something like this? If it's not a competitive environment, I actually don't mind the idea so much.
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:57 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The reason I don't love the idea is it appears to eliminate competitive armies. I personally don't see a strategy in creating an almost unbeatable army because if you were to roll lower the opponent would choose that army, and you might get destroyed. But now that I think of it, there is a sense of relief that it may not be ultra competitive. I've never tried anything like this before so it's hard for me to know what to expect. What kind of armies do people bring to something like this? If it's not a competitive environment, I actually don't mind the idea so much.
Just bring what you want to run! I have one semi-competitive army because I enjoy that and one totally wacky fun army! With the flexibility of this format along with the sheer number of games, you'll get a variety of games in at different levels of competitiveness! And look, I'll probably end up playing against my semi-competitive army! (Because of that I made it a fun one to play against!) All I'm trying to say is bring what you like playing with and against, plus you'll be able to try out your opponents armies! If you really try to think about it you won't get that far, bring what's fun for you!

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:27 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Ah, but see, that's the beauty of it - you can bring competitive armies if you want! My brother is planning on bringing both armies comprised of A-level units. His plan is to theoretically know the units/his armies better than his opponents do, so that if one gets "scooped", he can still win (dice permitting) with the other. I don't know if this will work 100% of the time, and it's not the plan I'm subscribing to, but hey, 1st through 3rd place last year all only went 4-2 (and one of those scrubs brought Q9, Deathreavers, Raelin, and Stingers)
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:48 PM

kmgenius is surprisingly tart

I'll hopefully end up coming. I'm going to try to convince my brothers to come as well. May be tough considering my brother Ben lost every single match last year���� poor guy haha
Old December 13th, 2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I'll hopefully end up coming. I'm going to try to convince my brothers to come as well. May be tough considering my brother Ben lost every single match last year���� poor guy haha
Haha oh geez! Well, the event this year will have prizes for each attendee (and food and snacks), so even if someone manages to have a record like that this time around, they won't come away empty-handed.

Let us know when we can officially add you to the attendees list
Old December 13th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Meh...it happens. That doesn't make the game of Heroscape any less fun, just more challenging. Come with a good attitude, and you'll walk away glad you came. Don't worry about competitive because in Utah you never know what you're going to see. Heck my friend @podunksarmy brought Zelrig, Nakitas, Drow Chainfighters X4 and Pelloth at one of our recent tournaments in Utah and he placed like 3rd overall. Is that considered a competitive army? Heck no! But he had fun, got a little luck and came out near the top. That doesn't always happen, so if you come to these just to win I can promise you and your brother, that you will be disappointed. BUT, if you come to these events intent on meeting up with great people who want to enjoy the wonderful community we've built, then you will always walk away happy you came. We have an amazing group here with lots of fun, energetic people who exemplify what this Heroscape community is all about. Don't worry about winning, just come and have a good time.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 14th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
On 3 or 4 separate occasions I have lost every match at a tournament. It can make you feel pretty crappy. The important thing to do when this happens, is to play to have fun, and forget about winning. In those games, when I was playing to have fun, I always felt like the games were closer, and more importantly, if I lost I didn't really mind it, because I had fun.
Old December 15th, 2017, 05:58 PM

I've been playing with Marro Dividers lately, trying to get a feel for them before the Bash, and they have successfully divided 6 out of 61 attempts. So just warning you all that I'm getting the bad luck out of my figures and dice before next Saturday!!
Old December 15th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Hmmm...wonder how people would respond if I brought Deathreavers X8 as one of my armies. Might get a few people cursing, but it sure would be crazy

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:02 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

I'll be there. Sounds like a lot of fun. I might bring one of my boys who is still deciding.
Old December 16th, 2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Hmmm...wonder how people would respond if I brought Deathreavers X8 as one of my armies. Might get a few people cursing, but it sure would be crazy
I personally would find it really funny, especially if your second army was x8 Repulsors.
You would have to drop 8 rats though

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events