Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 5th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
The idea that we should all have an equal level of pride in our country is pretty stupid [...] I do believe it is a great nation. Greatest in the world? It's one of the greatest definitely, but I'd have to do some research and travel more before I could give an honest, fact-based answer.
I'll save you the trouble, since I've traveled and done a fair amount of hands-on research--it is the greatest in the world. We don't do everything perfectly, or even well, but believe me, my friend, it really is the best in the world.

Subjective? Sure. I'd argue that it should be your default position, though, and awfully difficult to shake.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
One last question...since it is ok for me to say I am finally proud...is it also ok for me to claim how utterly ashamed I am in my country for putting a man like Obama in place? I think many would take issue with this and for good reason...it shows a severe lack of credibility when your agenda is the only one you are willing to swallow and your loyalties can be bought simply with a few campaign promises from a a canidate. If national pride is only available to you when things go your way then I think you have missed the entire point of an American nation.
Were black Americans wrong not to be proud of their country back in the 1920's?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Wow guys, no kool-aid for me please. Thank you.

I would venture to say that it is precisely the "we are better than everyone else arrogance" that many here are saying that they are proud to finally see defeated.

We are Americans. Citizens of a great country. Pride in this fact is one thing, blind arrogance is another thing entirely.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Yes. Judges shouldn't decide on matters as big as this. I'm sad it didn't pass as well. But the people decided and we have to stand by that decision.
Sorry, nobody should have to vote for the equal rights that have already been established. Gay people should be able to get married, or we need to get rid of marriage altogether.

And before people start waving the flag of "sanctitiy" or whatever, note that by LAW, people who are married have seperate taxes and rights as married couples, and civil unions are not covered under that.

So homophobes and bible bangers need to agree to lose the marriage bonuses or let gay people get married. I think if we took away tax breaks and rights, the tune would change.

In reality, nobody should care what happens, if you don't want to get married to someone of the same sex, GREAT, don't do it. People need to not fear what they don't understand, because I'm also tired of hearing the excuse of, "this is not what I want my kids to see."

Limit them like this, and you probably won't be invited to their civil union cerimony.

Bigots have to be so excited that it is deemed acceptablt to gay bash like this, because thay can focus all of their racism and woman hating onto one group.

Can't we just love our brothers, even if they REALLY love some of our other brothers?

With Barack Obama as President, it is sad to see prop 8 will be passed, it's like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
One last question...since it is ok for me to say I am finally proud...is it also ok for me to claim how utterly ashamed I am in my country for putting a man like Obama in place? I think many would take issue with this and for good reason...it shows a severe lack of credibility when your agenda is the only one you are willing to swallow and your loyalties can be bought simply with a few campaign promises from a a canidate. If national pride is only available to you when things go your way then I think you have missed the entire point of an American nation.
Oh you did not just go there.

Black people were oppressed almost a hundred years ago. There are very few people still alive that were there to see it...when will people let it go?

If it was used in a positive way, I wouldn't so much care, but black people only use it as a "poor me" excuse for why us white people should give them our money. Just drop it. White people treated black people very badly a hundred years ago. How long are you going to hide behind it?

Maybe you are not a black person, but you sound like one. I hope you aren't offended, but if you are, oh well.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep, time for a lockdown.
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:48 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Black people were oppressed almost a hundred years ago. There are very few people still alive that were there to see it...when will people let it go?
Ummmm, black people still struggled with equal rights into the 90s, and some would say they struggle with it today.

So, you can't just "let it go."

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

If it was used in a positive way, I wouldn't so much care, but black people only use it as a "poor me" excuse for why us white people should give them our money. Just drop it. White people treated black people very badly a hundred years ago. How long are you going to hide behind it?

Maybe you are not a black person, but you sound like one. I hope you aren't offended, but if you are, oh well.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Now, is that an opinion you have formulated throughout your own extensive life experience?
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:

Now, is that an opinion you have formulated throughout your own extensive life experience?
It's not his fault. He stayed out late the night before the Civil Rights movement discussion in American History.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, just wow. Holylink are you kidding? You're kidding right? Segregation lasted well into the 60's and 70's, racial prejudice is still a huge part of our culture, look at the reaction to Obama's presidency, I haven't heard the 'N' word used that many times in my entire life! African Americans are struggling, and winning the struggle, but it is still a battle being fought on both fronts.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, just wow. Holylink are you kidding? You're kidding right? Segregation lasted well into the 60's and 70's, racial prejudice is still a huge part of our culture, look at the reaction to Obama's presidency, I haven't heard the 'N' word used that many times in my entire life! African Americans are struggling, and winning the struggle, but it is still a battle being fought on both fronts.
Listen to rap much?

Seriously, holylink you don't want to stick around here do you?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General