Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:41 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Ulfrid is definitely higher...he's like an assassin sometimes...at least a B+ IMHO

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Arashara should be at least B, if not B+. She is GREAT at distrupting opponent's placement of figures, such as Raelin, and putting yours in a good place.
I echo this. Arashara can kill Raelin in a turn by surrounding her with squaddies while placing your Raelin on her perch. Plus all the other shifts she can do. The d20 can be her Achilles Heel, but she has pretty good odds of pulling off a few key shifting sands.

I think Myrrdin is more a B as well, though no higher. D20 boosts are hard to nail down a real value to. I haven't played any other figure enough to guess ranking yet.
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

A few notes on some of those:

I played Arashara quite a bit and she is solid, but she only sporadically really shifts a battle. I'd put her at B.

Ulfrid can be a total beast. I'd say A-, personally.

Havech Eradicators are crazy solid if you use them mostly as melee, with only important ranged attacks. I'd say B+ for them.
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:46 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just for fun I'll throw my hat into the ring as to how I feel about the new figures power rankings.

A-
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs: They don't have any glaring weakness, although 4 move is slow there 10 threat range is passable for a range squad. with there special attack they can be successful in the squad heavy meta game. Redundant allows them to hold on to height or impotent chock points for the rest of your army.

B+

Skeletons of Annellintia: There survivability with Reanimation and there mobility with Undead Legion means they have a shoot versus almost anyone, there reliance on there cheerleader and there weak stats means they could fall to armies a lot weaker then themselves.

Ulfrid Hornwrangler: Good survivability and the potentially to dish out a lot of damage in one turn is the trade mark of the dwarfs heroes and Ulfrid is no exception. I feel he is a little weaker then the other dwarfs in axegrinders builds but being able to also fit into 4th mass builds earns him is rank

Arashara Goshiri: If you allow your opponent to get through 16 or sometimes 20 Romans or Greeks to attack her then your playing them wrong, although she still fears assassin figures like Phantom Knights or Airborne Elites. Her value is lowered if your not playing with glyphs, but a 50 50 shoot each turn of potentially turning any game around can't be undervalued, her 4 attack comes in handy more then one might think.

B

Havech Eradicators: They can deal a lot of damage very fast, to the opponent or yourself. If you have to play them prominently as a melee squad then your basically playing with the horned skulls but for 15 more points, and those occasionally ranged attacks can backfire to often for them to be ranked higher. Though They really can shine in the hands of skilled player who know how to use them.

Myrddin: the only figure that I have not played multiple games with so his rank is more theory scapeing the anything. With his low defense and potentially high variance self wounding special power he can perform poorly quite easily, his solid special attack and game changing power counter balance that earning him a average B.

Martial La Hire:
A nice stand alone hero that will usually kill around his points unless the dice are particularly hot or cold.

B-
Deathstrike Thrall: They will rarely kill there points, but they do allow the Preyboods to kill there points worth and beyond more often. Versus hero heavy armies they can be lethal, it's a shame that the meta game is squad heavy.

Skull Demon:
Helps push the Deathknights closer to competitiveness, they still are fairly fragile especially with the Deathknights having a difficult time screening for them like other higher men melee squads can do for there Cheerleader.

C+

Command Courier: Although fun in causal games, a large point investment for order marker flexibility with a vulnerability to special attacks does not cut it for me.

Elaria the Pale: Another fun figure in casual games that helps out some underused figures, her susceptibility to heroes and lack of multiple attacks per order maker hurts her more then her other powers help her.

Last edited by infectedsloth; August 31st, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Havech Eradicators rock! At Islandscape July 21st, Gurei-Ornery, a Maryland player, won it all with Havech Eradicators x3, Tulbakra, and Marro Warriors, going 5-0, with a point total of over 1300! After this showing, they should be either an A- or B+. And they also give Tulbakra a huge boost, because you want to use them as meele whenever possible.
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:08 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
Havech Eradicators rock! At Islandscape July 21st, Gurei-Ornery, a Maryland player, won it all with Havech Eradicators x3, Tulbakra, and Marro Warriors, going 5-0, with a point total of over 1300! After this showing, they should be either an A- or B+. And they also give Tulbakra a huge boost, because you want to use them as meele whenever possible.
*cough* It was reverse the whip format *cough*

They're perfect for reverse the whip because players who haphazardly shoot from range will find this strategy to be their undoing.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Great post, infectedsloth.

I have a preliminary draft of updated rankings done, but if there any other testers who want to chime in, please do so.
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:46 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Based on the very little experience playing, and a bit more considering during army building, my impressions (bold below):

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Just for fun I'll throw my hat into the ring as to how I feel about the new figures power rankings.

A-
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs: They don't have any glaring weakness, although 4 move is slow there 10 threat range is passable for a range squad. with there special attack they can be successful in the squad heavy meta game. Redundant allows them to hold on to height or impotent chock points for the rest of your army.

Redundant Systems seems far better than 4 life, and the same mechanic under different names should lead to a unique squad renaissance.

B+
Skeletons of Annellintia: There survivability with Reanimation and there mobility with Undead Legion means they have a shoot versus almost anyone, there reliance on there cheerleader and there weak stats means they could fall to armies a lot weaker then themselves.

I agree with the guy who said you need a lot of them. Just don't take them if you're using cumulative partial scoring.

Ulfrid Hornwrangler: Good survivability and the potentially to dish out a lot of damage in one turn is the trade mark of the dwarfs heroes and Ulfrid is no exception. I feel he is a little weaker then the other dwarfs in axegrinders builds but being able to also fit into 4th mass builds earns him is rank

If he were a Warlord, he'd be perfect.

Arashara Goshiri: If you allow your opponent to get through 16 or sometimes 20 Romans or Greeks to attack her then your playing them wrong, although she still fears assassin figures like Phantom Knights or Airborne Elites. Her value is lowered if your not playing with glyphs, but a 50 50 shoot each turn of potentially turning any game around can't be undervalued, her 4 attack comes in handy more then one might think.

The "simple, ordinary things" you do do tactically are at risk of being ignored while trying to set her up to shine. I will play her again, as the Romans are faves, but I suspect she is most comparable to a unit such as Kee-Mo-Shi or Sudema.

B

Havech Eradicators: They can deal a lot of damage very fast, to the opponent or yourself. If you have to play them prominently as a melee squad then your basically playing with the horned skulls but for 15 more points, and those occasionally ranged attacks can backfire to often for them to be ranked higher. Though They really can shine in the hands of skilled player who know how to use them.

You're paying the extra points (over Brutes) for the opportunity to attack at range while charging into melee, while not costing 140+ due to the roughly 30% chance of a unit dying while doing so.

Myrddin: the only figure that I have not played multiple games with so his rank is more theory scapeing the anything. With his low defense and potentially high variance self wounding special power he can perform poorly quite easily, his solid special attack and game changing power counter balance that earning him a average B.

Comparable to Heirloom. Better explosion attack and, paired with Kee-Mo-Shi or Runa, should have plenty of opportunities to trade wounds for deaths/Mindshackles/Moon Frenzys/Enslaves . . .

Martial La Hire: A nice stand alone hero that will usually kill around his points unless the dice are particularly hot or cold.

He scares me as is, but I could see giving him Finn's Spirit and/or pairing him with Taelord.

B-
Deathstrike Thrall: They will rarely kill there points, but they do allow the Preyboods to kill there points worth and beyond more often. Versus hero heavy armies they can be lethal, it's a shame that the meta game is squad heavy.

If I knew my opponent was fielding a Hydra . . .

Skull Demon:
Helps push the Deathknights closer to competitiveness, they still are fairly fragile especially with the Deathknights having a difficult time screening for them like other higher men melee squads can do for there Cheerleader.

I'd use 1 or 2 of these guys with the Brutes to deal with Minions/Sentinals and unique squads.

C+

Command Courier: Although fun in causal games, a large point investment for order marker flexibility with a vulnerability to special attacks dose not cut it for me.

I didn't get these guys either.

Elaria the Pale: Another fun figure in casual games that helps out some underused figures, her susceptibility to heros and lack of multiple attacks per order maker hurts her more then her other powers help her.

Only if you can't afford Myrddin.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:33 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Based on my experiences in play testing I would rate them as following:

Martial La Hire: solid B. Probably the best cleanup melee figure in the game for his points, but no bonding or other synergy to speak of.

Myrrdin: a C+/B- in tournament play, where his abilities may be difficult to use consistently from game to game.

Havech Eradicators: a B or B+ in tournament play. They have the potential to fare much better in casual play, where one game with great luck is all they need.

Vulcanmech Incendiborgs: B+ or A-. They're slow, so it can be difficult for them to get height, but when they do it's a sight to behold. Paired with Raelin and a good screen, they could be highly effective. Thankfully, they're no Q9.

Command Courier: C+/B-. These guys give a bump to some great figures that rarely see tournament play, and they can last a surprisingly long time in the end game with a bit of luck. Unfortunately, OM flexibility is not the most valuable asset in most tournament-worthy armies.

Skull Demon: C+/B-. The Skull Demons make the Death Knights into a more competitive build against melee armies, but unfortunately they still have no answer for the range that dominates the tournament scene.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
*cough* It was reverse the whip format *cough*

They're perfect for reverse the whip because players who haphazardly shoot from range will find this strategy to be their undoing.
Only 2 of the games were reverse the whip!
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

I will now post the rankings that I feel are fair:
A-
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
B+
Havech Eradicators
Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Skeletons of something starting with A
B
Myrdin
Arashara Goshiri
B-
Martial La Hire
Deathstrike Thrall
Skull Demon
C+
Command Courrier
Elaria the Pale
Old August 26th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey Dok, any idea when the power rankings for the newest wave will be ready?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs